JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Yesterdays $800 mix master is todays $1200 gun.

It would be nice if it had arsenal rebuild markings.
Without those who knows who did what. Still it's a $1000-$1200 gun. ;)

There. I said it. :s0140:

So I guess if he goes in order of who made what offer..
How does one type out the "Jericho trumpet" sound that JU-87's were renowned for??o_O
(MUCH sarcasm)

I saw it yesterday, and didn't do anything. It's a "catch-22". I can't move this to the classifieds because all WTS ads require a price and yet the OP doesn't know what to ask for his gun and is looking for advice. I COULD delete the thread entirely, but that doesn't help him out much either. He has listed several firearms in the classifieds and posted prices as he should, and to me this time looks like he's got a piece he has no idea how to determine its value. There is nowhere in the rules of NWFA that states someone can't ask for advice on what a gun is worth.

I saw it yesterday, and didn't do anything. It's a "catch-22". I can't move this to the classifieds because all WTS ads require a price and yet the OP doesn't know what to ask for his gun and is looking for advice. I COULD delete the thread entirely, but that doesn't help him out much either. He has listed several firearms in the classifieds and posted prices as he should, and to me this time looks like he's got a piece he has no idea how to determine its value. There is nowhere in the rules of NWFA that states someone can't ask for advice on what a gun is worth.
Good deal.. but here he's saying it's for sale.. he's essentially taking bids.

The OP has been edited and @Seared Saba has been nothing but cooperative in this thread. I as well as you have seen real "auction style" threads. And this one doesn't stink like they do.

@Seared Saba, tread lightly with threads like this. And keep your powder dry brother. :)

I have zero interest in this old 1911, however I will add my 2¢.
A friend of mine had a similar Colt with a 1918 frame, and many
mix-master parts. The parts were different than this one, but
non-original just the same. We took it to the WAC gun show
in Puyallup two months ago and he showed it to everyone who
showed an interest. He generated lots of interest, and received
many offers.......finally sold it for $525.

Well. You need to know what you have before you sell it.
All Mixmaster's are not the same.
The serial number on the frame is the only way to tell the make. Even then you may need to know the acceptance stamp as well. Since some Mfg's had the same serial numbers overlap.

One mixmaster may have a $500 barrel. $1000 slide. Or a $20,000 Singer frame?

You need to know. ;)

Why don't you just relax. Or switch to decaf.
I don't want to listen to you being just what you denounce. ;)

Maybe switch to something a little less intoxicating? If you have a "problem" with me suggesting how the OP find the value of his pistol a few suggestions. You can set my posts to not be seen since they upset you no end.
You could throw a temper tantrum.
Either one should make you feel much better.

You see this a lot these days with Mil surplus stuff. While back when M-1 Carbines came up this was easy to see. Sellers where asking for a very large sum and getting it for many of them that were not "collector". Some people just go nuts over this stuff and it's all getting harder to find as years go by.

It was a few years ago now I last saw one of these. WWII issue Rem Rand. BEAT to death. They were asking the same as a NIB S/A Loaded. A few days later it was gone. Someone came in saw it and just had to have it. It's why I suggested the OP throw it up on he for sale groups for people to see. Someone may well just "have to have it".

I have an Ithaca 1911-A1 that was carried in WWII by my Great Uncle. It's not for sale, at any price. And when I say that, I mean it. There is no price that could pry it from my hands. :)

Mine. Again, don't even waste my time with any "offer". Not for sale. And valuable enough to me that it's not stored at my home.

FullSizeRender (8).jpg

I would like to thank everyone who chimed in this thread and spent your time to share your thoughts for me and everyone. Whether it is criticism or not, everyone has good points and there is no reason to be mad at each other. As much as I want to get respects from people, following rules in here is essential to me as well. No matter how and why, it was me starting to cause an uncomfortable scene, so I apologize to everyone about that.

I'm selling my guns because I have too many for my capacity. I decided that when I realized all of a sudden I started hating gun maintenance time and finding out there are still 5 pistols/rifles purchased new and not even fired a single round through them. So I decided to sell them all and leave only five to make my hobby simplified and enjoyable again. Selling this 1911 has never been a big deal for me for this reason. I just wanted to know the fair price so that I could list it to sell to downsize my collection…

As Kruejl has guidelined, the old 1911 will not be sold until I post an ad for it, so no JU87 siren yet lol… I might even change my mind and decide not to sell the gun if I end up selling other guns first and have very few left in my safe.

Last Edited:
Are you talking about the 1944 Remington Rand that had the slides finish rubbed off to shiny bare metal?
LOL, it had almost no finish let anywhere. I would guess about maybe 5% left. On top of that it was beat up VERY badly. When I handled it I had the feeling it may come apart in the hand if fired. Someone still just had to have it. :D

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads