JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have an old Hi-Power cardboard box from from the late 80's early 90's. It's leftover from a small lot of Argentinian Police guns My father purchased. It's nothing amazing, and not one of the classic purple Hi-Power boxes. I didn't want to throw it away Since Pack-Ratting is in my ancestral DNA.

thoughts??
ebay???
thanks. Eric

IMG_0658.jpeg IMG_0659.jpeg IMG_0652.jpeg IMG_0655.jpeg IMG_0653.jpeg

Collectors like boxes...even if it don't match their firearm..if it is the same model and era...they often seek 'em out.
That said...don't expect to be able to make a living or retire by selling gun boxes.
Gun collectors are also very often cheap....:D
Andy

I about crapped when Dad said he threw away the box for the Standard! I mean, hell, we'd kept it for years! The one in this pic isn't the correct one, but it's close. I bought it off of ebay.

Standard.jpg

I did some eBay and other site research. I've found a single old school browning "Purple" box listed for 83$. So yes they seem to have some value. I kept 2 of the old Hi-powers with their respective boxes. I have no idea how I ended up with a 3rd box With NO Hi-Power in it. Or anything else in it for that matter.

I did some eBay and other site research. I've found a single old school browning "Purple" box listed for 83$. So yes they seem to have some value. I kept 2 of the old Hi-powers with their respective boxes. I have no idea how I ended up with a 3rd box With NO Hi-Power in it. Or anything else in it for that matter.
Check all the glove boxes in any old cars .
I have a Smith 49 who was living the glove box life for an unknown amount of time.

Did someone say Argentinian Hi-Powers? 😍🇦🇷

Oh, we're talking about boxes. Yah, maybe eBay or Gunbroker them. There is a market for such out there. For these, specifically, no idea. (As to keeping boxes in general, I chuck them as I abhor clutter of any kind.)

Last Edited:
After an old hardware store closed I was helping clear it out. in the attic were hundreds of empty Ruger boxes. I kept a pickup full to use as storage boxes.
When I was unloading them at home a neighbor came by and wanted one to fit his gun. when I found one he offered $20 for it.
about an hour later he was back with a list of others that wanted them. after a little research on prices I made over a thousand dollars selling boxes. DR

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top