JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
What do I have here .... Besides an old wood Whistle ??? I am told it maybe from WW1 era. ?? It is stamped Made in Germany in english and is all wood . Any info on it would be great .... THANKS

DSC00002 (1).JPG DSC00004.JPG DSC00003.JPG

Made for export....and if the intent was to be imported to America....it needed to be marked country of origin since the 1890's.
I don't think that this is a military whistle....no obvious military marks that I can see.
As for age...I would guess it be from the 1920's or 30's
Andy

WW1 or WW2 or ??? THANKS
That was supposed to be a joke I think.
All I'll say about that is, after I read a book that explained what the French went through in WWI. How many French soldiers died and why, those little digs aren't funny to me any more. You'll see why they called it the war to end all wars.

That was supposed to be a joke I think.
It indeed was.
All I'll say about that is, after I read a book that explained what the French went through in WWI. How many French soldiers died and why, those little digs aren't funny to me any more. You'll see why they called it the war to end all wars.
It was just a small poke at a stereotype. We all know the suffering all nations endured during those times. It's OK to have a sense of humor about it, while still respect the sacrifices. I wasn't there, but both my grandfathers were. If they can poke fun and laugh at it, so can we.

Here's another one: how many of those French soldiers were shot in the back?

I'll say it!

They aren't known for squaring up in a fight. So somewhere in the posterior portion of the body caught the lead more than likely…..

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top