JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
At this time, I'm getting a bit annoyed at those comments. Does it make everyone happy if I just keep the pistol and not sell it? I have no problem with that. Or maybe the admin can just either lock this thread or delete it?
No, I think all has been straightened out in this thread and there's no need to close/disappear it or feel bad about it. I know what you mean about getting annoyed though and have been known to get mad and stuff too. anyway

Saba, the rules here state that you can't auction a gun on this site, and by all accounts, you have started an auction as far as I can see.
I now see other new members doing the same thing.
All the info you need to place a value on this 1911 is on the internet and with just a little effort you could come up with a price.
Start real high and if it doesn't sell, drop it down till it does.

I think I have figured that out pretty well. I follow the rules over there and post good photos and sell them fast. Check my listings if you wish. How many times do you have to repeat that to make you feel better?
I was responding directly to a member that was addressing me.. as is normal convention here.

I qualified with a 1911 in the military. And it was clapped out.
So I understand how many who used one may not like them.

It dose not however take away form how much their worth. They haven't been made since 1945.
And they are historical. ;)

Saba, the rules here state that you can't auction a gun on this site, and by all accounts, you have started an auction as far as I can see.
I now see other new members doing the same thing.
All the info you need to place a value on this 1911 is on the internet and with just a little effort you could come up with a price.
Start real high and if it doesn't sell, drop it down till it does.

To me, that's no brainer. I would have done that if I wanted an auction, but that's not my style. A fixed price for each ad to prevent haggling is more of my style. Check my ads. What I wanted was just information. If my thread really has created issues in here then admin please delete it for me. I have already stated that multiple times.

I'm not sure how little effort would that be to figure out of the current price. I think the majority of us would say that the pricing can be subjective, so I thought it would be great to ask a question in here.

Last Edited:
Reported. Now let's move on and let's do something more fun and productive. jbett98, like I told you through PM a while ago, I am not going to sell the gun to you unless I post my ad in here. I hope I don't have to repeat this ever again. Thanks.

Last Edited:
At this time, I'm getting a bit annoyed at those comments. Does it make everyone happy if I just keep the pistol and not sell it? I have no problem with that. Or maybe the admin can just either lock this thread or delete it?

Guy this is the net. Don't know how much time you have spent on the net but this is par for the course. You are always going to get a few kids who never got over school years or parents did not pay enough attention too. They put on their cape and make asinine comments on line. If you can't let them roll off the net if probably not a place to hang out.
As for the pistol as mentioned anything Mil issue has a following now days. These kind of guns used to be common. That long ago went away. Supply and demand. If you throw it up on the classifieds you will get bites. How much? All depends on who sees it. There are always some out there willing to pay wayyyyy too much for a pistol like that, in my opinion. If they want it bad enough great for you. I have sold many over the years that had me coming home telling Wife, dinner on me at your favorite spot, I cleaned up today. So put it out there and see what happens. If no one offers enough to get you to part with it keep it. As for the adults who never grew up you have to learn to laugh it off and move on.

I qualified with a 1911 in the military. And it was clapped out.
So I understand how many who used one may not like them.

It dose not however take away form how much their worth. They haven't been made since 1945.
And they are historical. ;)

I am in that category. My issue 1911 was good for throwing at someone, and rattled like a paint can. Couldn't wait to get an M9 back.

Guy this is the net. Don't know how much time you have spent on the net but this is par for the course. You are always going to get a few kids who never got over school years or parents did not pay enough attention too. They put on their cape and make asinine comments on line. If you can't let them roll off the net if probably not a place to hang out.
As for the pistol as mentioned anything Mil issue has a following now days. These kind of guns used to be common. That long ago went away. Supply and demand. If you throw it up on the classifieds you will get bites. How much? All depends on who sees it. There are always some out there willing to pay wayyyyy too much for a pistol like that, in my opinion. If they want it bad enough great for you. I have sold many over the years that had me coming home telling Wife, dinner on me at your favorite spot, I cleaned up today. So put it out there and see what happens. If no one offers enough to get you to part with it keep it. As for the adults who never grew up you have to learn to laugh it off and move on.

Agreed and thank you for the comment. I'm usually good at ignoring keyboard warriors but I think I got pissed off too easily this time.

I have decided to keep the pistol. It's a good mixmaster. I can shoot as much as I want and it has been reliably functioning for me. I used to not to have any stories to share about this gun, but now I do after getting flamed in here. I will just keep the gun and bring it to every NWFA gatherings to prove that this is not a rattling POS (sarcasm inserted).

Last Edited:
Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews