JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
We want pics of that one to! Inquiring minds want to see :D

Here is my family inheritance, the Savage 1915 Pistol! It's 102 years old now, still functioning perfectly! There are "29" and "58YE21" stamps on the ammo vox. I wonder if they tell the age of ammo as well... Does anyone know?

A96Y5200.jpg

Last Edited:
Yesterdays $800 mix master is todays $1200 gun.

It would be nice if it had arsenal rebuild markings.
Without those who knows who did what. Still it's a $1000-$1200 gun. ;)

There. I said it. :s0140:

Actually, this was the reason I once seriously considered getting the correct parts and commission professionals to 'restore' its originality as much as possible for the frame not having a re-arsenal mark. I gave up on this as I couldn't afford time for further research to determine its legitimacy as a major project.

Cool gun.

They made a bunch of 1911's in 1918. Would be nice to have the serial number with last few x'ed out.
Helps ID the correct parts.
Is this a heart cut frame under the stocks?

A proper barrel would be H P marked on the hood. Might cost $500 if you can find a decent one.
But with the wrong slide why bother. I would leave it be. As you said.

The barrel it has now may be from Remington Rand. Not Remington.
Show me the markings and I can tell you?

I looked at it and it's not a heart cut. I did some online search, and it seems like my serial number is a little too early for that as well but not 100% sure.

I think I have shown every mark from the pistol via the photo I posted. Is there any mark that you think I'm missing?

Looks like a parts gun to me, I see about 750$-850$ in parts.
All together and if it's fitted proper it could bring 1000$-1500$ max I would say. Need to see underside of the slide, and some pics of internal parts, etc

Looks like a parts gun to me, I see about 750$-850$ in parts.
All together and if it's fitted proper it could bring 1000$-1500$ max I would say. Need to see underside of the slide, and some pics of internal parts, etc

I cropped one of the images that I posted earlier. Do you need another one? I won't be able to take the pistol apart for photos anytime soon. I would rather spend that time for posting other ads at this particular moment, but I will get back here with more parts photos when I'm ready for it.

A96Y5196-2.jpg

Actually, this was the reason I once seriously considered getting the correct parts and commission professionals to 'restore' its originality as much as possible for the frame not having a re-arsenal mark. I gave up on this as I couldn't afford time for further research to determine its legitimacy as a major project.

Yes it would be. Kind of makes me cringe when I think of how many GI Milsurp I have had over the years. They used to be so damn common but those days are long past. Even mixed parts like that there will be some who will pay for that pistol. I have a 1911 from 1918. It's been re built and several parts replaced over the decades I have had it. Don't carry it any more as who knows when something may break. Still fun to shoot now and then.

I cropped one of the images that I posted earlier. Do you need another one? I won't be able to take the pistol apart for photos anytime soon. I would rather spend that time for posting other ads at this particular moment, but I will get back here with more parts photos when I'm ready for it.

View attachment 350207

When you put it up for sale aim high. As long as you are not in a hurry let buyers get a good look and make offers.

Here is my family inheritance, the Savage 1915 Pistol! It's 102 years old now, still functioning perfectly! There are "29" and "58YE21" stamps on the ammo vox. I wonder if they tell the age of ammo as well... Does anyone know?

View attachment 350205

Very nice!! I love family heir looms that have been handed down. I'm glad that you have it and still get to shoot it.

Thanks for sharing with us:)

A member here was selling this completely original 1944 Remington Rand a couple of years ago for cheap.
Someone had tried to remove the slides finish in a couple of places, but the roll marks were left alone.
I had gunsmith Velzey re-parkerize the whole pistol and replace the rear sight with a taller one from the same era to adjust the aim and also do some trigger work to make it a great shooter.

remington rand 001.JPG

remington rand 002.JPG

I have zero interest in this old 1911, however I will add my 2¢.
A friend of mine had a similar Colt with a 1918 frame, and many
mix-master parts. The parts were different than this one, but
non-original just the same. We took it to the WAC gun show
in Puyallup two months ago and he showed it to everyone who
showed an interest. He generated lots of interest, and received
many offers.......finally sold it for $525.

I quite reading at this post....just sayin'. I had something like the gun here and the above sounds more in line with the value I found. I seems once you have different parts from different times "High Collector" value is just not there. so to the OP, do some more research and put it WTS and see what happens.

It's going to be a real shame if people start coming out of the walls to step on people trying to talk about, and get info/value about their guns. That's what the forum is for after all. And hopefully we don't get a bunch of people doing what this gentleman is being accused of doing.

A member here was selling this completely original 1944 Remington Rand a couple of years ago for cheap.
Someone had tried to remove the slides finish in a couple of places, but the roll marks were left alone.
I had gunsmith Velzey re-parkerize the whole pistol and replace the rear sight with a taller one from the same era to adjust the aim and also do some trigger work to make it a great shooter.

View attachment 350259

View attachment 350260

That came out VERY nice!!!

Took the liberty of bringing up details in the photo of the slide...

Slide_1911_awww.jpg

At this time, I'm getting a bit annoyed at those comments. Does it make everyone happy if I just keep the pistol and not sell it? I have no problem with that. Or maybe the admin can just either lock this thread or delete it?

Yup, a thinly disguised attempt to sell an old POS pistol for as much as possible. I had one of these rattling pieces of junk as my sidearm while in the USMC back in '65-'66. Just another 1911.

@oldcorpgunny For many of us, this gun is a part of history. For some people, this could have been their lives and stories. I don't think you deserve that marine logo on your profile by calling it "these rattling bubblegum". Get a grip and life, please.

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads