Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Please dont deface "sold" threads, Am I the only one?

Discussion in 'Questions, Problems, & Feedback' started by IronMonster, Aug 25, 2014.

1. IronMonster

IronMonster Washington Opinionated Member Diamond Supporter

Personally I want to see what was sold, what it sold for (or at least what the asking price was) and how long it was listed before it sold. I understand the need to make clear that it is no longer available which a simple "sold" at the end of the thread title should accomplish? You can also lock the thread so nothing else can be added after the fact.

If there is personal contact information I can see removing that when it sells but it seems often the whole original post is gutted and there is nothing but "Sold Sold Sold" or something to that effect and I am left wondering what the heck it was.

It interests me to know whats selling and how much its bringing and I cant see that gutting the thread serves any end? I mean the blank thread is now just an empty placeholder that still does not go away ( I dont think )

Maybe there is something I am missing, but It seems like good information that lots of us would be interested in.

DuneHopper, Ttuck, Michael Js and 3 others like this.
  2. Mbeef61

Mbeef61 SW PDX Active Member

Agreed. I like to see the going rates. And even years down the road you can see how the market has changed.

3. Joe Link

Joe Link Portland, OR Well-Known Member Staff Member Lifetime Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

I agree completely. This is the reason our software doesn't delete ads for items which have sold.

etrain16 likes this.
  4. PlayboyPenguin

PlayboyPenguin Pacific Northwest Well-Known Member 2016 Volunteer

I agree...deleting the old ads makes no sense.

etrain16 likes this.
  5. etrain16

etrain16 Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

+1 for me. I don't see the reason to delete the content post sale - it can be very useful for later research on going rates for used guns.

Leave 'em in tact folks!

6. Joe Link

Joe Link Portland, OR Well-Known Member Staff Member Lifetime Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

I also want to remind people that there is a SOLD prefix, which can and should be used in addition to closing an ad.

DuneHopper likes this.