JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Might have been covered and I missed it, but can you still do transfers of braced pistols? Buddy looking to purchase one and asked. It is a private transfer through a local shop. Any reason it can't be done?
Break it down and do the lower/receiver only through the FFL. That makes it an "other"... and then the upper and whatnot's a person to person sale.

Break it down and do the lower/receiver only through the FFL. That makes it an "other"... and then the upper and whatnot's a person to person sale
It is a mp5 22lr pistol. Not really worth the $200 to make it an SBR, but would be if it's free. Kinda hard to break that one down but get what your saying.

From the FAQ, supposedly braces are not regulated as they are accessories... so essentially you could do the transfer without the brace and then sell or gift the brace.
Does doing such as the buyer substantiate intent to manufacture an SBR after the rule publication? The alphabet boys will decide.

There is absolutely nothing illegal about breaking it down. It can transfer just fine assembled and without the brace, but to be aware that is will transfer as a "pistol". Not a big deal, but transferring as an "other" is always preferrable.

It's a private party sale. So what? It's illegal to buy a lower/receiver? It's illegal to buy an upper in a pistol length? Braces are now illegal to purchase? Buying those items constitutes "conspiracy to mfg an illegal SBR"??

Give me a friggin break! 🤣:s0140:

There is absolutely nothing illegal about breaking it down. It can transfer just fine assembled and without the brace, but to be aware that is will transfer as a "pistol". Not a big deal, but transferring as an "other" is always preferrable.

It's a private party sale. So what? It's illegal to buy a lower/receiver? It's illegal to buy an upper in a pistol length? Braces are now illegal to purchase? Buying those items constitutes "conspiracy to mfg an illegal SBR"??

Actually the FAQ says braces are accessories, so the ATF does not regulate... so if you take their word for it! LoL

The few standalone federal convictions over SBR's that I know of , and there aren't many , are from people selling MP5 pistols and such with a stock in the box in a private party sale. Braces are stocks now like it or not. Those are federal convictions. Sates make up the majority of SBR convictions.

I have a hard time seeing how it would be worth it. Take the stock off and sell the gun. Sell the stock to someone else. As a dealer I wouldn't ever involve myself in that sort of transaction.

its unbelievable how many people in the gun community are sooooooo clueless about the laws and their rigths, and the guns themselves. Please educate yourselves so we can win !!!! tooo many ignorant people. I expect that from people who haen't shot a weapon or care or are anti gun but for reals !!!! people who shoot and own them LEARN !!!!! So much bad info gets spread around. And most hillarious is the people who I'm speaking about coming out of their caves right now thinking they're going to get a free SBR permission within 120 days LOL !!!!! but hey good luck, most seriously I wish you good luck. I hope you get it for real..... aside from the fact you're asking permission to exercise your right which is wild, but lets ignore that idiocracy for a minute...... good luck !!!

As a dealer I wouldn't ever involve myself in that sort of transaction.
And if you read... it's NOT a dealer breaking down an SBR and selling it all together in an "SBR" kit... IS it! Twisting the facts to fit a narrative doesn't make it more than it is.

It's buying an "other" or "pistol" lower/receiver through an FFL (perfectly legal). In an all together seperate, undocumented/unregulated person to person sale, buying a brace.. and/or... upper and brace (perfectly legal). Purchase and ownership of any and all of the above.... perfectly legal.

Saying that making perfectly legal purchases is a federal offense is just taking compliance nazism to a whole new level. 🤣

*Lest anyone forget that all of that talk is hinged on citing an unconstituional law from the get go... that is hardly likely to stand.

Stocks are also accessories.

Well now I'm curious... since braces are now stocks, which are accessories and the ATF does not regulate, can braces be modified or altered in any way to be more like stocks? Or does the original configuration at time of application have to remain?
OAL has to remain the same tho, right?

Well now I'm curious... since braces are now stocks, which are accessories and the ATF does not regulate, can braces be modified or altered in any way to be more like stocks? Or does the original configuration at time of application have to remain?
OAL has to remain the same tho, right?
Sure, theyre just stocks. Do whatever you want to them. OAL doesn't matter in the slightest

And if you read... it's NOT a dealer breaking down an SBR and selling it all together in an "SBR" kit... IS it! Twisting the facts to fit a narrative doesn't make it more than it is.

It's buying an "other" or "pistol" lower/receiver through an FFL (perfectly legal). In an all together seperate, undocumented and person to person sale, buying a brace.. and/or... upper and brace (perfectly legal). Purchase and ownership of any and all of the above.... perfectly legal.

Saying that making perfectly legal purchases is a federal offense is just taking compliance nazism to a whole new level. 🤣

*Lest anyone forget that all of that talk is hinged on citing an unconstituional law from the get go... that is hardly likely to stand.
Except its not. Its constructive intent to transfer an SBR and dealer or not it isn't legal. People have gone to jail in similar situattions.

re photos, just listened to todays 2nd training thing and they said no photos at all are required.

Came up in 2 questions. First one said you can submit photo of whole firearm, it's optional. 2nd one said if you submit a photo it's recommended that it be of the markings. So it looks to me they are relying on the "under penalties of perjury" that the application is true and not on submitted proof. That's I guess where they can't prosecute you on submitted info if you don't lie thing comes into play I suppose. So basically don't make up stuff.

its unbelievable how many people in the gun community are sooooooo clueless about the laws and their rigths, and the guns themselves. Please educate yourselves so we can win !!!! tooo many ignorant people. I expect that from people who haen't shot a weapon or care or are anti gun but for reals !!!! people who shoot and own them LEARN !!!!! So much bad info gets spread around. And most hillarious is the people who I'm speaking about coming out of their caves right now thinking they're going to get a free SBR permission within 120 days LOL !!!!! but hey good luck, most seriously I wish you good luck. I hope you get it for real..... aside from the fact you're asking permission to exercise your right which is wild, but lets ignore that idiocracy for a minute...... good luck !!!
I am very educated on guns and gun laws! I was asked a question by a friend and didn't know the answer. He is not expecting to get an approval for an SBR in 120 days, just trying to get the application in during the grace period. I don't really care how you personally feel about the brace situation. People have been asking for permission to build SBR's for years from the ATF. The rules have changed now. This is an imported 22lr mp5 and not enough USA parts to be 922r compliant under normal SBR rules. This waiver is really the only chance to do this.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top