Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Picture rant

Discussion in 'Questions, Problems, & Feedback' started by dragonsden73, Oct 24, 2010.

1. dragonsden73

dragonsden73 Salem, Oregun Active Member

Ok so I know I have been guilty of this at times in the past, but usually only if it's a basic Glock, etc.

Why can't people take a few extra seconds and post a photo of their item for sale? Especially if it's some special model, or appears to be because of the asking price. I'm really tired of the "email for pics" B.S., only to have multiple emails back and forth with "I'm not sending pics unless you are serious" or "let me know when you are ready to buy and I'll send you photos".

Kiss my white hairy buttocks....I don't have time for your games, or your "holier than thou" attitude. You just lost a potential sale....Jerk-off.

Ok..I'm done.... :angry:

2. raftman

raftman Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

I'm in agreement, besides... having a picture definitely helps sell the item.

3. nwo

nwo Southern Oregon Well-Known Member

So tell us how you REALLY feel. :huh: :thumbup:

4. numbnutz

numbnutz molalla Active Member

I could not agree with you more. To me if they don't want to post pics then they really aren't serious about selling said item.

5. Dyjital

Dyjital Albany, Ore Flavorite Member Bronze Supporter

No picture= I hit the back button and find another one to look at.

6. spengo

spengo GLORIOUS CASCADIA Active Member

I always post pics. I prefer to see pics in an ad. I don't mind pming for pics too much though.

7. nwo

I do agree that pictures help sell an item. I know I'm not as interested in an ad if it does not include pictures of the item.

It's not hard, really, to post pictures. Really.

8. deadeye

deadeye Albany,OR. Moderator Staff Member

Do you feel better now? It is annoying to see someone wanting upwards of $800-900 or more and can't find it usefull to put up a pic or two. I figure they must not want the cash too bad.

9. dragonsden73

If I have to email or pm for a pic then fine....but it is really annoying when I ask for a pic and I get excuses for why none were sent....I am NOT going to commit to a sale before I see it, for the most part anyway.

Seller: "Email for pictures"
    Potential buyer: "Please send pics"
    Seller: "I'll send them if you are serious, or when you are ready to buy"

Potential buyer: (Looking for smiley waving big fat middle finger...)

10. deadeye

Can you send me that smiley, I could use it at times.:laugh:

11. SavageGerbil

SavageGerbil Salem, OR Active Member

I get lazy and throw an ad up with no pics every now and again, as soon as someone points out that I'm lazy and have no pics I remember to throw some batteries in the camera :p

12. nwo

That's a GREAT emoticon! I love it.

13. deadeye

Thanks, saved for future use.

14. coctailer

coctailer Portland, OR/Hastings, MI/Vancouver,WA I run with scissors.

I think a pic should be required unless the poster honestly doesn't know how.

The other members can then assist the poster on either how to post the pics, or host the pics as a favor.

15. dragonsden73

There is a sticky at the very top of the page. (At least in the handgun and rifle section.) It shows how to post photos.

Maybe it's the same people that miss the "Please read" rules and miss the part on etiquette that also overlook such an "In-your-face" post.

16. SavageGerbil

SavageGerbil Salem, OR Active Member

I dunno about pics required, I've sold stuff when I actually didn't have the extra cash for a 4 pack of AA's before, hehe

17. coctailer

In the case of blackmailing people for e-mailed pics, I agree 100%.

Some old-timers just can't figure out how even with the tacked thread.

I have hosted pics for (oldys/non tech savvy) on ARFCOM that couldn't figure it out. They appreciated it. Happens all the time.

I do think that if a person has the computer skills to set up a Photobucket account, then they should post pics.

18. coctailer

That makes sense.:thumbup:

I think that DD is referring to the dudes that are trying to waste peoples time for no reason.

19. dieter998

dieter998 Yelm wa Member

:thumbup: would have to agree with all of you that think every add should have a pic, with exception of maybe ammo. and as i may agree glocks, xd, some of the other poly guns are pretty basic, you are more likely to sell the gun and a lot faster with a pic. i have posted some ads from work where i did not have the gun, but did a google search and stole the factory photo of a glock just to put it on there. and for those who think well maybe the old timer doesnt know how to post a pic, then how did he make an account on here? its not much harder than that, it might be easier.

oh and someone help the kimber or 1911 owners, they are like snowflakes, no two kimbers/1911's are ever the same. pics are mandatory for them.

20. spengo

spengo GLORIOUS CASCADIA Active Member

Huh, I've never been refused pictures before. Maybe I am just lucky.