JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Ok so I know I have been guilty of this at times in the past, but usually only if it's a basic Glock, etc.

Why can't people take a few extra seconds and post a photo of their item for sale? Especially if it's some special model, or appears to be because of the asking price. I'm really tired of the "email for pics" B.S., only to have multiple emails back and forth with "I'm not sending pics unless you are serious" or "let me know when you are ready to buy and I'll send you photos".

Kiss my white hairy buttocks....I don't have time for your games, or your "holier than thou" attitude. You just lost a potential sale....Jerk-off.

Ok..I'm done.... :angry:

I do agree that pictures help sell an item. I know I'm not as interested in an ad if it does not include pictures of the item.

It's not hard, really, to post pictures. Really.

Ok so I know I have been guilty of this at times in the past, but usually only if it's a basic Glock, etc.

Why can't people take a few extra seconds and post a photo of their item for sale? Especially if it's some special model, or appears to be because of the asking price. I'm really tired of the "email for pics" B.S., only to have multiple emails back and forth with "I'm not sending pics unless you are serious" or "let me know when you are ready to buy and I'll send you photos".

Kiss my white hairy buttocks....I don't have time for your games, or your "holier than thou" attitude. You just lost a potential sale....Jerk-off.

Ok..I'm done.... :angry:

Do you feel better now? It is annoying to see someone wanting upwards of $800-900 or more and can't find it usefull to put up a pic or two. I figure they must not want the cash too bad.

If I have to email or pm for a pic then fine....but it is really annoying when I ask for a pic and I get excuses for why none were sent....I am NOT going to commit to a sale before I see it, for the most part anyway.

Seller: "Email for pictures"
Potential buyer: "Please send pics"
Seller: "I'll send them if you are serious, or when you are ready to buy"

Potential buyer: (Looking for smiley waving big fat middle finger...)

I think a pic should be required unless the poster honestly doesn't know how.

The other members can then assist the poster on either how to post the pics, or host the pics as a favor.

There is a sticky at the very top of the page. (At least in the handgun and rifle section.) It shows how to post photos.

Maybe it's the same people that miss the "Please read" rules and miss the part on etiquette that also overlook such an "In-your-face" post.

There is a sticky at the very top of the page. (At least in the handgun and rifle section.) It shows how to post photos.

Maybe it's the same people that miss the "Please read" rules and miss the part on etiquette that also overlook such an "In-your-face" post.

In the case of blackmailing people for e-mailed pics, I agree 100%.

Some old-timers just can't figure out how even with the tacked thread.

I have hosted pics for (oldys/non tech savvy) on ARFCOM that couldn't figure it out. They appreciated it. Happens all the time.

I do think that if a person has the computer skills to set up a Photobucket account, then they should post pics.

:s0155: would have to agree with all of you that think every add should have a pic, with exception of maybe ammo. and as i may agree glocks, xd, some of the other poly guns are pretty basic, you are more likely to sell the gun and a lot faster with a pic. i have posted some ads from work where i did not have the gun, but did a google search and stole the factory photo of a glock just to put it on there. and for those who think well maybe the old timer doesnt know how to post a pic, then how did he make an account on here? its not much harder than that, it might be easier.

oh and someone help the kimber or 1911 owners, they are like snowflakes, no two kimbers/1911's are ever the same. pics are mandatory for them.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top