JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Watermarks are a great way to prevent photo theft (as I learned on eBay years ago) .... perhaps something a bit more subtle could have been employed it this instance, but I understand the sellers concern.

Heh... I never really care about photo theft, all I've got is a point & shoot camera and my photo skills aren't so great. I know enough to never use a flash and that's about it. But for people who do take really fantastic photos and want to protect them... perhaps you could do something similar to what stickman does? Take a look at this picture:
3602258998_011af1f420_o.jpg
As you can see it has stickman's watermark, but it is very... tastefully applied. :)

Heh... I never really care about photo theft, all I've got is a point & shoot camera and my photo skills aren't so great. I know enough to never use a flash and that's about it. But for people who do take really fantastic photos and want to protect them... perhaps you could do something similar to what stickman does? Take a look at this picture:
3602258998_011af1f420_o.jpg
As you can see it has stickman's watermark, but it is very... tastefully applied. :)

Great photo!

Wow...this thread went from a "email for pictures" rant to a "I don't like your watermark" rant pretty quick......:confused:

Not my intention..
just a little fun :)
I am guilty of using someone elses pic to sell an
trade an item so I understand the point.
But back to the topic, if someone doesn't post a pic, then they probably are not serious about selling the item and won't waste the time
Unless its a really good deal!!

Not my intention..
just a little fun :)
no hijack or crapping intended

Not complaining (This time, can you believe it?) Someone says something which makes someone else think of other things...good exercise for the brain.

I was just venting.....I guess as far as watermarks....I used to do a lot of photos for musical acts, and I was required to place obvious ones so nobody could steal them off the internet without permission from said artist....without it being obvious who took the photo. I can probably tame it down a bit on here....just annoying when someone steals your photo...but that's another rant in and of itself.

I bought a gun without pics yesterday. Just as decribed I don't have an issue with it. And it was a very nice Kimber.

That basically can come down to luck. I know a guy who bought a Garand sight unseen, it was described as being in "very good condition"... when he opened the box (it had been shipped to him) and took a closer look, it was in such lousy shape it would not even be safe to fire it.

That basically can come down to luck. I know a guy who bought a Garand sight unseen, it was described as being in "very good condition"... when he opened the box (it had been shipped to him) and took a closer look, it was in such lousy shape it would not even be safe to fire it.

Thats why I don't order used guns online. Just because of that. I can meet somebody with no pics and if its not in the condition they said I just keep the cash in my pocket and I did that with pics seen as well. With photoshop and all the other crap you can do to the pic you don't know what you get until you see it.

Scott

Thats why I don't order used guns online. Just because of that. I can meet somebody with no pics and if its not in the condition they said I just keep the cash in my pocket and I did that with pics seen as well. With photoshop and all the other crap you can do to the pic you don't know what you get until you see it.

Scott

Point taken. But suppose you drove 20 miles one way only to find a gun not in the sort of condition you'd be willing to pay the asking price for? Of course, at that point you could say, "Hmm... it's just not quite in the condition I was looking for" and walk away from the deal, but you've driven 40 miles, used the gas, and spent the time to find that the gun isn't what you want. Some people probably don't mind that though, I suppose, maybe it gives them to think. I guess it's all a matter of what you're comfortable with.

It's valid to want a picture, but I guess you're right in that it can be valid to be ok without a picture too.

However, I still think it's irritating when people have the equipment and the know-how to post pictures, but resist doing so. Don't have a camera or don't know how it's done? I guess you can get a pass for that, but the whole "You'll get a pic if you can prove you're serious about buying" spiel is pretty lame.

My favorite excuse for not having a picture is "I didn't post a picture because I am out camping (I posted this from my Blackberry) but I will when I get back in a week.:s0114:

DUH! You obviously are not ready to sell, WHY POST?

Oh great ANOTHER reason for me to hate Blackberrys, cell phones and people that use cell phones in an inconsiderate manner.:s0155:

So why do you have to use 3rd party sites to put up pictures anyway? seems kinda old school.

You don't have to use a 3rd party site, you can just attach pics to your post as you would with an email. The 3rd party site generally allow larger file sizes though, so you can post better pics.

Might have already been said, but also, the pics should be OF THE ITEM FOR SALE. :mad:

Not another one that's "just like it".

I had an issue recently where a gun I bought was listed as a LEO trade in. Described as "one of the nicest we've ever seen" blah blah blah.

Apparently they were using the same description and same photos for every gun in the batch that they were selling.

Well, the firearm I received was most certainly NOT the one shown in the photos. Mine was missing a chunk of slide. :s0154:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top