JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Picked up a new compact M&P this weekend....littlle thing is a heck of a shooter. I was a little worried about accuracy out of a compact till I took it out to run some rounds through it..not worried anymore :) I wouldnt mind finding an extention for the mags for range use just to fill in the feel of the backstrap portion of the grip but I am sure I will get used to it :)

You can use standard or full size mags in the M&P pistols. An X-Grip is nice to fill the gap - from the end of the grip to the bottom of the FS magazine.

If you are talking about the backstrap, the fine folks on smith wesson forums can help.

FWIW - if you buy a replacement 9 barrel and a 9 mag, those can swap into your 40. Some on the internet claim you can run 9 in the 40 mags, others claim malfunctioning. I'd suggest not mixing - just one less thing to have to keep track of.

I am good with ten rounds but would like to have just a little more grip were the hand meets the back of it. I shot it again yesturday and getting more used to it every trip out :) I do like the idea of throwing a 9 barrel in it. Would save a little $ when shooting. I have to say I have no regrets with this with the purchase so far

Correction! You cannot use a 9 barrel and mag in a 40c as they have different size casings so head spacing and the ejector will be off....

BUT. what you can do is buy a .357 sig barrel and run that, as the base if the casing is the same. I personally bought the .357 sig and bought a .40 barrel. Both work flawlessly:)

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews