JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Yes, for WA residents. Often about a 2 hr wait. After Jan. 1, it is a 10 day wait.

Don't now about OR residents buying in WA for the rest of 2023.

Bruce

I have been to 3 different ffls who are participating in an " early " pilot program WA state bgc . So you definitely want to call ahead on the possibility of 10 day wait.
It makes you wonder if that is a mandatory program or the FFL electing to participate. So... either the state is jumping the gun imposing a 10 day wait before it's legal to impose it(?)... or you've got an FFL more than happy to shaft his customers(?)

If the later, I would be choosing to shop elsewhere, anyway. And don't count on any future business from me either.

It makes you wonder if that is a mandatory program or the FFL electing to participate. So... either the state is jumping the gun imposing a 10 day wait before it's legal to impose it(?)... or you've got an FFL more than happy to shaft his customers(?)

If the later, I would be choosing to shop elsewhere, anyway. And don't count on any future business from me either.
If I know WA state, I bet the stores were " volunteered" into the pilot program.
First place I experienced this (September?) , they weren't thrilled about any part of it.

Regardless of whether it's Washington or across the creek down South, it's time to have a good go-to FFL in your pocket and support them with as much business as you can. This I suspect will become more important as new ways to make us miserible are invented.
I've walked on a number of deals this year alone, because someone had to use acme pawn and used lawn mower shop. 💩

I'm in WA and I haven't yet ran I to any kind of 10 new program of a wait time as in what's supposed to start taking place January 1st of 2024 shortly. Then it's 10 day wait for all modern guns and the new $18 fee the state imposed on us.

When I bought the last handgun for Wife last week the shop told me it was going to be a 10 Business day wait due to it being a handgun.:confused:
The clerk at the store had already proved he was "less than stellar" in the smarts area so I did not feel like trying to argue. Got a call from them next day to come pick up the gun. So its often hard to even go by what the damn staff tell you. :(

Washington's latest gun laws have now made it so I will no longer buy or trade for used firearms.
My FFL extorts $50 for a transfer fee....soon there will be another $18 to add on...and then is the 10 day wait.
Not going to do all that.
Especially for what I usually look for in the classifieds or at gun shows...
Vintage .22 rifles and vintage shotguns......A lot of what I want can be found for $400 or less , even at today's prices.
Too much "extra" money and time for the deal , are my thoughts.

Washington's government , has for far too long ignored most of her voters....
Its past to start ignoring back.
Andy

Last Edited:
Last month I traveled 50 miles to the Port Orchard Bi-Mart to purchase a Henry rifle. After the paper work was complete, I was told it would be 1 to 2 hours for the background check to go through. I went and had some lunch and they called me after about an hour and I went back and picked up the rifle.

Thanks for the info everyone. Found a gun I want and it's a two hour trip so I don't want to have to do it twice...
Sadly you will need to be prepared. It is "supposed" to take a short time but, that does not mean yours will go that way. If it gets delayed its just the way it is now. There is no rhyme or reason this often happens. Its just what happens when gov gets involved in something. :(

Sadly you will need to be prepared. It is "supposed" to take a short time but, that does not mean yours will go that way. If it gets delayed its just the way it is now. There is no rhyme or reason this often happens. Its just what happens when gov gets involved in something. :(
Whatever it takes to make it harder for the law abiding citizen to protect himself. :s0154:

90% of the time when it comes back as delayed" or saying doing further research" that's basically code for meaning there's other back ground checks ahead of yours and we can't get to yours yet until we do the NICS back ground check for people ahead of you in the line up que"

Where I am, it runs from 20 minutes to 2 days turn around time, with a " procede" with gun sale" notification to my FFL dealer. There's nothing you can do to rush or make them get your own NICS done faster. So people have to understand that they just need to relax and wait for thier NICS Check to get done.

I will also say that if you put your social security number in the appropriate box on the 4473 form, it does help them get checks done faster. It's not like the feds don't already know your social security number already anyway.

The legal precedent of a "right delayed is a right denied" (and "permit/license to purchase schemes) has been FIRMLY established against such, and making its way up the appellate court system. It's only a matter of time before SCOTUS hears it.

Name one other right listed in the bill of rights that have all the hoops hooked into it….

You have to wait 10 days to exercise your right to remain silent, now answer the question!

You have to wait 10 days to be free of unreasonable searches and seizures, now hands up and SPREAD 'EM!

You have to wait 10'days before you can speak freely, now put on this ball-gag!

Etc, etc, etc…..

The legal precedent of a "right delayed is a right denied" (and "permit/license to purchase schemes) has been FIRMLY established against such, and making its way up the appellate court system. It's only a matter of time before SCOTUS hears it.

Name one other right listed in the bill of rights that have all the hoops hooked into it….

You have to wait 10 days to exercise your right to remain silent, now answer the question!

You have to wait 10 days to be free of unreasonable searches and seizures, now hands up and SPREAD 'EM!

You have to wait 10'days before you can speak freely, now put on this ball-gag!

Etc, etc, etc…..
While it would be great if we were told by the high court that all this was gone but, I would be completely shocked if that happened.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews