JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I carried a 32 ACP for a while and also decided to carry FMJ. At one point I'd tested many of the defensive offerings for said including Underwood which is a "external hollow point". Curiously, all of it suffered from rim lock after about three rounds in every magazine. I don't know why but I guess it's a common issue with hollow points in this caliber- FMJ ran without issue.
The Seecamp .32 acp has a magazine that was restricted to hollow point ammunition to help prevent rim lock, will not accept the longer ball ammo.

Rim lock bad. Hollow points good;

The Seecamp .32 acp has a magazine that was restricted to hollow point ammunition to help prevent rim lock, will not accept the longer ball ammo.

Rim lock bad. Hollow points good;
I'd be interested to Learn how they accomplished that as in my experience, the HP ammo suffered from rim lock- not the FMJ.

Edit: I see now that rim lock occurs when too much space is present in the magazine fore and aft. Neeto that seecamp developed a better magazine setup.

Last Edited:
I'd be interested to Learn how they accomplished that as in my experience, the HP ammo suffered from rim lock- not the FMJ.

Edit: I see now that rim lock occurs when too much space is present in the magazine fore and aft. Neeto that seecamp developed a better magazine setup.
I do remember that when I was lusting after a Seecamp they were made to only use HP like the Win Silver Tips. The mags were not wide enough to accept ball ammo. Now as for rim lock when the KT's hit I bought a couple and after a ton of ammo have never seen one rim lock myself. Always used ball ammo in them though. I was always "told" that using the shorter HP ammo in those was what "could" lead to rim lock due to the rounds having room to move back and forth in the mag? :s0092:
Either way I have had a LOT of .32's over the lifetime. Used to be a ton of them long ago as the round was a common police round over seas for a long time and the used market here used to be flooded with them. I have never had any of them get rim lock. So have long had to guess this is pretty hard to have happen?:s0092:

Well, my little HolsterPro for the Beretta Tomcat came in and fit and finish are fantastic! The Tomcat slides in and out real nice with no hang up when drawing from the pocket. The Beretta will now accompany me along with my EDC Glock and on short trips to the SevendyElevendy when all I have on is shorts/t-shirt and sandals. :D

thumbnail_20230701_151323.jpg
thumbnail_20230701_151331.jpg

Well, my little HolsterPro for the Beretta Tomcat came in and fit and finish are fantastic! The Tomcat slides in and out real nice with no hang up when drawing from the pocket. The Beretta will now accompany me along with my EDC Glock and on short trips to the SevendyElevendy when all I have on is shorts/t-shirt and sandals. :D

View attachment 1446355
View attachment 1446356
I've only ever owned the 21A .22 and the grip panels would come loose easily and they're what hold those two trigger bars in proper orientation to function so keep an eye on that.

Liked it and want to get the covert version in the future. I sold because I have better 32s. If I want a pocket 32 I am going to carry a piece from before the great war or a Mauser 1914, as I have 3 of those. The vest pocket guns just fit in a pocket nicely, with their slim, rather than chunky profile, and I like carrying a piece of history.
That said, I carry a piece of history, albeit minor, every time I get out of bed...:s0140:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top