Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Picked up a new M&P 40C ;)

Discussion in 'Handgun Discussion' started by Born2hunt, Feb 4, 2013.

1. Born2hunt

Born2hunt Linn cnty Member

Picked up a new compact M&P this weekend....littlle thing is a heck of a shooter. I was a little worried about accuracy out of a compact till I took it out to run some rounds through it..not worried anymore :) I wouldnt mind finding an extention for the mags for range use just to fill in the feel of the backstrap portion of the grip but I am sure I will get used to it :)

2. AvnEng

AvnEng Corvallis Member

Are you talking about the finger extension or more capacity?

Contact S&W about the extension.

They are a nice shooter, and easy to carry.

3. RicInOR

RicInOR Washington County Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

You can use standard or full size mags in the M&P pistols. An X-Grip is nice to fill the gap - from the end of the grip to the bottom of the FS magazine.

If you are talking about the backstrap, the fine folks on smith wesson forums can help.

FWIW - if you buy a replacement 9 barrel and a 9 mag, those can swap into your 40. Some on the internet claim you can run 9 in the 40 mags, others claim malfunctioning. I'd suggest not mixing - just one less thing to have to keep track of.

4. lostbackpacker

lostbackpacker marysville,wa Member

I just got the 9c

5. Born2hunt

Born2hunt Linn cnty Member

I am good with ten rounds but would like to have just a little more grip were the hand meets the back of it. I shot it again yesturday and getting more used to it every trip out :) I do like the idea of throwing a 9 barrel in it. Would save a little $ when shooting. I have to say I have no regrets with this with the purchase so far

6. MnP

MnP Gresham Or Member

Correction! You cannot use a 9 barrel and mag in a 40c as they have different size casings so head spacing and the ejector will be off....

BUT. what you can do is buy a .357 sig barrel and run that, as the base if the casing is the same. I personally bought the .357 sig and bought a .40 barrel. Both work flawlessly:)