JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm more surprised I haven't heard of many pot shop robberies.

They have been having quite a few pot shop robberies because it is a cash-in-exchange-for-product-only business. Most places have been burglarized for their product alone because it is a Federally prohibited product and is very difficult lt to trace to trace to its source and return to its owner. Once it is gone, it is generally gone for good.

Last Edited:
Dress it up any way you like, but if the Feds come down on it hard, you'll lose.

Period.

And yet, they haven't.......

BTW, I don't use it. Not my thing. But I don't believe that law abiding citizens, state OR federal, should be hog tied just because of their legal profession.

Yep, and yet it's legal here in Oregon.You won't find a local LEO anywhere in Oregon trying to enforce a federal law.

The feds aren't going to stop states from ridiculous firearm laws either. It's not rocket science, but putting all your faith in a federal law is like pissing in the wind.
The only thing that restricts the states from passing more restrictive gun laws is the second ammendment and the supremes reading of the law. Otherwise, states can pass and enforce more restrictive laws any time they want. They can't make there laws less restrictive than federal law. That is what they are trying to do with the drug laws......it will catch up to them whenever the fed (and courts) gets enough and force a crackdown like the Feds did on bootleggers in the 20's. State laws didn't make alcohol illegal, that was all the Fed.

And yet, they haven't.......

BTW, I don't use it. Not my thing. But I don't believe that law abiding citizens, state OR federal, should be hog tied just because of their legal profession.

But it is illegal on a Federal level. Until that changes, they will be vulnerable to Federal DEA raids at the discretion of the President and/or the Federal Bureau Of Investigation/Drug Enforcement Administration and Coast Guard, or any number of Federal Law Enforcement Agencies. (Yes, the DEA has often used the Coast Guard to hold raids on riverfront properties).

But it is illegal on a Federal level. Until that changes, they will be vulnerable to Federal DEA raids at the discretion of the President and/or the Federal Bureau Of Investigation/Drug Enforcement Administration and Coast Guard, or any number of Federal Law Enforcement Agencies. (Yes, the DEA has often used the Coast Guard to hold raids on riverfront properties).

You are correct sir. But I haven't seen any news of any raid in any state that has passed a law deeming it legal.

I just see the costs of the drug on minds and hearts. I much prefer to fight my "demons" as a sober person. If I can accomplish my goals, I'll be happier than any drug can make or mask it. I want to make myself happy without the use of any drugs.

It is less expensive and I'll be healthier.

State laws didn't make alcohol illegal, that was all the Fed.

Many states had prohibition prior to the federal passage of the 18th amendment including Oregon and Washington. Many states held onto prohibition after the passage of the 21st amendment. In many southern states its still common to find fully dry or partially dry counties.

It didnt work either.

I just see the costs of the drug on minds and hearts. I much prefer to fight my "demons" as a sober person. If I can accomplish my goals, I'll be happier than any drug can make or mask it. I want to make myself happy without the use of any drugs.

It is less expensive and I'll be healthier.

Yes, and you'll fall in to the minority of folks that aren't as strong willed.

Many states had prohibition prior to the federal passage of the 18th amendment including Oregon and Washington. Many states held onto prohibition after the passage of the 21st amendment. In many southern states its still common to find fully dry or partially dry counties.

It didnt work either.

Monmouth, Oregon was that way. Prohibition ended there in 2002.

From the few thousand people Ive known the people who were most opposed to drug and or alcohol use were the most vulnerable ( and many times they knew it ) as in one drink away from being an alcoholic.

Monmouth, Oregon was that way. Prohibition ended there in 2002.

You see all sorts of weird variations throughout the south. half dry, full dry, no liquor by the drink in bars, you have to bring your own liquor, mini bottles only etc.

Ive still got the hydrometer my grandmother used to make beer during prohibition.

I'm not judging anyone, but I am fighting depression and don't want to fall victim to the vortex of drug use, depression, more drug use, enhanced depression, more drug use, ad infinitum, and ultimately ending in death.

I want to find my way out without antidepressants, without psychotherapy, without expensive help. Having seen enough death and sadness in my time has made me more determined than ever to make myself happy and to strive to improve my life as well as the lives of other veterans.

If I can do it without the help of drugs I want to share that with other veterans and help them do it too!

Heck, I regularly have nightmares that would have many grown men running to either the bar or to the medicine cabinet for tranquilizers.

I use Melatonin for sleep. That's more than enough drugs for me.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top