JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
From the "You're not gonna believe this" file.....
:eek: :rolleyes:
Thousands sign petition for Open Carry at GOP convention

As of this morning, more than 11,000 people have signed a petition at Change.org demanding that openly-carried firearms be allowed inside the Quicken Loans Arena during the Republican National Convention this summer, as noted this morning by WKYC in Cleveland, Ohio, out of concerns over a potential terrorist attack.

<broken link removed>

Haha yeah right, it'll never happen. The Repubs are shaking in their boots over Trump and riots associated with him.

They may play the role of the pro-gun party, but they don't want us to have guns any more than any of the other establishment powers.

Haha yeah right, it'll never happen. The Repubs are shaking in their boots over Trump and riots associated with him.

They may play the role of the pro-gun party, but they don't want us to have guns any more than any of the other establishment powers.

I know people on both sides of the aisle who are solid pro-gunners, though we may see quite a bit of difference on social issues. I know more people on the "R" side who are pro-gun, so I would not suggest the GOP doesn't believe in RKBA. It's been part of the platform for too long.

From the "You're not gonna believe this" file.....
:eek: :rolleyes:
Thousands sign petition for Open Carry at GOP convention

As of this morning, more than 11,000 people have signed a petition at Change.org demanding that openly-carried firearms be allowed inside the Quicken Loans Arena during the Republican National Convention this summer, as noted this morning by WKYC in Cleveland, Ohio, out of concerns over a potential terrorist attack.

<broken link removed>
As much of a fan as I am of OCing.. I know full well the crazies that come only to disrupt and protest GOP events and make the events look bad. Because of that, I would not condone OCing at a GOP rally. I can see folks slipping by security and opening fire..

Edit. BUT at the same time, like with a gun show the more firearms there are, the safer I bet it WOULD be.. Considering it'd be hard working, law abiding, family oriented patriotic folks that make up the bulk of the OCers there.

I know people on both sides of the aisle who are solid pro-gunners, though we may see quite a bit of difference on social issues. I know more people on the "R" side who are pro-gun, so I would not suggest the GOP doesn't believe in RKBA. It's been part of the platform for too long.

You misunderstand me. The Republican party does stand for gun rights. That does not mean that they want us to have guns. They are assigned the role of promoting gun rights in our political stage show, the Democrat party is assigned the role of anti-gun, and thus they pit us citizens against each other to keep us from voting for anti-establishment people like Sanders and Trump.

The stage directors aren't idiots, they know that if the citizens actually wake up to what's going on there would be a revolt and their heads would be on the block. You can be damn sure they don't want us to have guns, but it's a great tool to keep us distracted.

You misunderstand me. The Republican party does stand for gun rights. That does not mean that they want us to have guns. They are assigned the role of promoting gun rights in our political stage show, the Democrat party is assigned the role of anti-gun, and thus they pit us citizens against each other to keep us from voting for anti-establishment people like Sanders and Trump.

The stage directors aren't idiots, they know that if the citizens actually wake up to what's going on there would be a revolt and their heads would be on the block. You can be damn sure they don't want us to have guns, but it's a great tool to keep us distracted.

Is that a genuine Alcoa hat, or some off-brand? ;):rolleyes:

It seems that no matter what we as gun owners say and do , most of the media lives for and loves to paint us with the crazy brush.
Even though most of those who would open carry at GOP convention would carry safely and respectfully, the media will only focus on those who don't.
Why give the media more to run with against us ?

In my opinion , showing up at any non firearm related crowded event while open carrying is a bad idea.
Too many people are nervous around guns or for whatever reason do like guns.
Whatever message you want to send out, can be lost in the headline : "Armed gun owners show up at said event ..."
That is all people will see and talk about.
Not that no one was hurt , not that guns can be carried safely , Not that gun owners are whatever positive message you want to send out etc ...
All the folks you want to reach will see the wrong message.
Which is:" Gun owners are crazy , they can't leave the house without their guns , these people are unsafe."
Just because you can do something , dosen't mean you should. Or that it is a good idea.

We do need to spread the word that open carry and gun ownership is safe and sane.
I'm just not sure going to the GOP convention while open carrying is the way to do it.
Andy

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top