JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
One thing I will say about Ore. is your roads are so much better! I used to travel a lot for work and at that time CA had the better roads.
You are absolutely correct with this observation. I travel and drive all around the country and Oregon has the best roads of anywhere I go. Sure, there are places anywhere with some bad roads, but overall I haven't visited anywhere with roads in better overall shape. Want to see really bad roads? Memphis leads my list but there are MANY places with pretty poor roads overall.

You have one gotcha location where you're planning on visiting: Ashland. Ashland has a prohibition on loaded guns and magazines. I-5 goes through Ashland, so don't load the gun until you reach the northern city limits.
Tried briefly looking for an Ashland ordnance, couldn't find one. It does look like they tried to get one, however it was not successful.

Have a link to anything?

-Jackson County residents. More out of curiosity, as we're CHL holders. Our gun club is Ashland Gun & Archery. Pretty nice range.

Tried briefly looking for an Ashland ordnance, couldn't find one. It does look like they tried to get one, however it was not successful.

Have a link to anything?

-Jackson County residents. More out of curiosity, as we're CHL holders. Our gun club is Ashland Gun & Archery. Pretty nice range.
It looks like I need to retract that.
Oregon Firearms - Ashland

I may have pulled a mental flub when I saw Astoria.

It looks like I need to retract that.
Oregon Firearms - Ashland

I may have pulled a mental flub when I saw Astoria.
No worries.

On face one would think Ashland would be like up North.

However most seem to get along reasonably well, on all extremes, without forcing any extremes. And there are plenty on all sides there. Yet all get along, generally. As it should be.

Drugs are a problem, just as in anywhere in the state tho. Sadly….

The So Oregon area has a lot of folks that were involved in the weed business. They all pack because the business is all conducted in cash. Anytime you have people that have lots of weed, or lots of cash or both, you'll find folks that are prepared to take care of themselves. There are also gold miners and they naturally need to be able to protect what they have worked so hard for.
There are still ranches and folks with stock to protect down here. SW Oregon is very much open carry.

Last Edited:
Didn't really read the whole thread and do check your local regulations, but I'm pretty sure ore trucks must be covered, not open, while traveling on a public road.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top