JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Opinions do not belong in classified adds. Joey has rules against this. Thread crapping is rude and has no place here. I joined this forum to find a better place to hang out and discuss guns. It is very, very simple: if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.

KNOCK IT OFF OR JOEY WILL LOCK THE CLASSIFIEDS LIKE HE DID A COUPLE MONTHS BACK AND THAT WAS NO FUN!!!! :s0155:

This is the biggest problem with having a forum style site. There is no way to keep the trolls from causing problems. They start out causing little problems and next thing you know, all the rules have to be changed, or certain areas get locked temporarily if not taking away all together. I wish people would just think before their fingers start hitting the keyboard. If people want to act like morons, go over to the other web-sites with the rest of the turds. It would be nice to have at least one site like this one not to be ruined by some dum*ss who has nothing better to do than to cause issues. I hope this gets better before Joey says, "screw it" and scraps the whole thing.

I like the conversation as well. Also it lets a seller know as well as the rest of us how much interest there is in an item, and lets buyers know if others are interested in it as well. It can be a usefull tool

fine line between crapping/ and say asking ledgit questions. case in point. someone is trying to sell or trade but is not willing to either put a value on said item or even what they might be willing to except in trade.(which by the way would give everone a idea on the value they are willing to accecpt) makes it kinda difficult and quite a pain in the butt to deal with. yet noone is suppose to say anything negative. "just my little rant" "don't want to be a crapper" ;)

fine line between crapping/ and say asking ledgit questions. case in point. someone is trying to sell or trade but is not willing to either put a value on said item or even what they might be willing to except in trade.(which by the way would give everone a idea on the value they are willing to accecpt) makes it kinda difficult and quite a pain in the butt to deal with. yet noone is suppose to say anything negative. "just my little rant" "don't want to be a crapper" ;)

I agree, but I think there is a proper way to do it. There is a difference between "That thing looks like a POS to me! What's the value?! I won't pay that much!" And "Would you mind giving me a est value on that? Alright, not in the range I was looking for in this weapon, thanks anyways"

Also, someone gave an example on the first page or two of this thread that someone was selling a gun, advertising it as one weapon, but it was really another. I have a huge problem with that. As a relatively new firearm person, how would I have known? If I've never seen the advertised gun before, and look for prices on what this guy says it was called and that price seems right for the name it's going by, I very well might buy it, never knowing otherwise. Not necessarily due to ignorance of researching whether or not this guy is ripping me off for the gun he is advertising it as. But do to my personal lack of knowledge of what that particular weapon is supposed to look like!

I agree, but I think there is a proper way to do it. There is a difference between "That thing looks like a POS to me! What's the value?! I won't pay that much!" And "Would you mind giving me a est value on that? Alright, not in the range I was looking for in this weapon, thanks anyways"

Also, someone gave an example on the first page or two of this thread that someone was selling a gun, advertising it as one weapon, but it was really another. I have a huge problem with that. As a relatively new firearm person, how would I have known? If I've never seen the advertised gun before, and look for prices on what this guy says it was called and that price seems right for the name it's going by, I very well might buy it, never knowing otherwise. Not necessarily due to ignorance of researching whether or not this guy is ripping me off for the gun he is advertising it as. But do to my personal lack of knowledge of what that particular weapon is supposed to look like!

Asking what a person is looking for in trade is not thread crapping.

The trade value on ANY firearm may be found by looking on Gunbroker and the EE on AR15.com.
If I have a used Mini-14 up for trade and I put a trade value on it of $1,000..........that means nothing.........you know its worth $400 with a little research.

As for false advertising, use the report button, or politely point out that the Colt Mustang is indeed an Officer's ACP.
Knowing what you are purchasing is partially the buyers responsibility as well.

shouldn't this all be done in PM

Yes, that would be even better.
I wouldn't consider a legitimate correction in a thread a violation.

If the seller gets pissed and flames back, then there is a problem.

So, ya.......an IM would be better. It would also keep the seller from looking like he doesn't know what he is doing.

You know how us gun guys like to pretend we know everything:s0114::s0114::s0114:

Yes, that would be even better.
I wouldn't consider a legitimate correction in a thread a violation.

If the seller gets pissed and flames back, then there is a problem.

So, ya.......an IM would be better. It would also keep the seller from looking like he doesn't know what he is doing.

You know how us gun guys like to pretend we know everything:s0114::s0114::s0114:
Not just better, but I was under the assumption it was the way it was getting done now. :confused: So, are we adding to the thread or are we NOT adding to the thread???? Also, can we use another word besides pissed.... its not happy! :)

Ya know its ok its just folks thoughts on what they think there stuff is worth within budget. same just happened to me and i'm not going to stress if you think your getting stroked move on. you don't need to comment, people know this stuff.

I am so freakin glad o see his thread. Someone brought up what i think is the most valid point on here. People get on the internet and say all kinds of crap theyd never say in person. I recently had some choice comments on a post of mine and the pm's were even more choice. I'd love to see the crap i got told on here get said to my face.

Also... im extremely glad to see that this kind of crap is being monitored now, i sure wish that woud have been the case for my post.

I kinda miss the way this site used to be a while back, when good deals were the norm. It's fun to get a good deal, and it makes you compelled to give a good deal when selling it. It seems to me that the people complaining the most about the threadcrapping (and not just normal threadcrapping, but a specific kind, which is classifieds-truth threadcrapping) are the ones trying to sell their used stuff for higher than retail value. I really don't have a problem with this, but remember that this site has a fair share of gun-newbies. So if a newbie sees an ad for used X gun for X dollars, like a common gun that can be found at alot of places for less than what they're asking, but they don't know that this is the case, and they buy it, aren't we, as a forum, allowing a newbie to get taken advantage of by not allowing these kinds of posts in the thread? I know that membership might die down a bit if this was allowed, but I think that might produce a more quality membership than a quantity one. I'm sure some will get mad at my post, but I'm just being honest and giving my opinion on the matter, which everyone else has done so far, and I have not insulted anyone personally, so I feel my post is well within the rules.

I kinda miss the way this site used to be a while back, when good deals were the norm. It's fun to get a good deal, and it makes you compelled to give a good deal when selling it. It seems to me that the people complaining the most about the threadcrapping (and not just normal threadcrapping, but a specific kind, which is classifieds-truth threadcrapping) are the ones trying to sell their used stuff for higher than retail value. I really don't have a problem with this, but remember that this site has a fair share of gun-newbies. So if a newbie sees an ad for used X gun for X dollars, like a common gun that can be found at alot of places for less than what they're asking, but they don't know that this is the case, and they buy it, aren't we, as a forum, allowing a newbie to get taken advantage of by not allowing these kinds of posts in the thread? I know that membership might die down a bit if this was allowed, but I think that might produce a more quality membership than a quantity one. I'm sure some will get mad at my post, but I'm just being honest and giving my opinion on the matter, which everyone else has done so far, and I have not insulted anyone personally, so I feel my post is well within the rules.

The buyer must take some responsibility.

I have grossly over-paid for things I bought on a whim also. After researching the item, I fount them available everywhere for less money.

I didn't feel bad or robbed, but I do research now on items I don't know much about....or I will accept that I may be over-paying, but I want the item enough that it doesn't bother me.

I have to agree. I like the input I see. But don't flame an add. Just send a PM, tell them you think they are a tool and be done with it. Don't ruin the joy of reading the posts all day for me!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top