JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I like how people are allowed to comment in the Classifieds threads here unlike Arfcom were it's a violation but you are right, people need to keep their comments positive

I just had a discussion with another member about this. This is how I look at it:

If you stood in a gun store and told customers that prices are too high, the guns are junk, the owner is a crook, etc. - you'd be asked to leave the store. The classified ads here are analogous to that gun store - we ask you not to make disparaging remarks about the items people are trying to sell.

If an item is priced too high or the item is junk or whatever - it's probably not going to sell and the person will have to lower their price at some point.

I've been warned for that on arfcom too.

Some guy was asking $6000 for a used AR10 and all I said was "does that come with lube? :)"

I've seen someone here try and sell a $100 Ithaca as a rare $450 Winchester and a bunch of folks commented and a mod got involved and the guy still insisted it was a Winchester.
That thread disappeared and now the same gun is for sale as an Ithaca!
Sometimes comments are necessary.

I agree with keeping the bad comments to yourself. If someone wants to sell something at a hight price then let them. Its not their fault if someone wants to buy it. I have willingly paid too much for something I wanted before. its all what the buyer and the seller wants. Not what others think it should be.

If you dont like the price or have a problem even a question then pm the person. Leaving a comment makes yourself look like a donkey and makes the seller think of you as a broke eyeballer. Theres no part that says you have to buy so if your not happy with price or item then dont buy but the name calling and the trying to make sellers out to be donkeys in comments on THIER thread is about the lowest form of life out there. I could go on and on about this but i wont. THIS IS WHERE COMMENTS BELONG on threads started for chitchat, but on the WTS/WTT threads zip the lips no need to even post "I'll take it" unless advised.

If you dont like the price or have a problem even a question then pm the person. Leaving a comment makes yourself look like a donkey and makes the seller think of you as a broke eyeballer. Theres no part that says you have to buy so if your not happy with price or item then dont buy but the name calling and the trying to make sellers out to be donkeys in comments on THIER thread is about the lowest form of life out there. I could go on and on about this but i wont. THIS IS WHERE COMMENTS BELONG on threads started for chitchat, but on the WTS/WTT threads zip the lips no need to even post "I'll take it" unless advised.

I agree with this. If you think the person is too high or not right for some reason, then shoot them a PM to comment about it.

I know there have been times that I wasnt exactly sure of the value of something I was offering, and I appreciate other members opinions so I can decide if I should adjust my value or not.

But I certainly dont need it discussed on my ad where it immeadiately devalues my item or brings it into question. People can ask whatever they want for their stuff, and its the buyers decision to purchase it or not, not to declair the seller a scammer on their ad.

I cant believe this is even something we have to discuss, since it seems like common courtesy to me.

I agree with most of what you all are saying bout the bashing.. buttt it kinda gets old seeing the same thing being sold only to return a week later for more $$. this happens alot. and while were on it. there seems to be no consideration to a order of "who say it first". but i guess this kind of stuff happens every day everywhere... .02

I agree with this. If you think the person is too high or not right for some reason, then shoot them a PM to comment about it.

I know there have been times that I wasnt exactly sure of the value of something I was offering, and I appreciate other members opinions so I can decide if I should adjust my value or not.

But I certainly dont need it discussed on my ad where it immeadiately devalues my item or brings it into question. People can ask whatever they want for their stuff, and its the buyers decision to purchase it or not, not to declair the seller a scammer on their ad.

I cant believe this is even something we have to discuss, since it seems like common courtesy to me.

I total agree with the both of you! I've sold some stuff board and others and when my prices where out line I've been PM and informed of what other store\internet price was currently.

i like the fact that this board is not as uptight as other boards in the sence you can ask questions and make comments without getting locked but bashing is just bad if you don't like the price don't buy it . If the seller is still trying to sell it over a couple weeks he should catch on,

I agree with the PM thang. What burns my hide is the jerks who try to screw people.:( The people who BUY need to really do there home work before buying.:confused: Most I have seen here have been honest but not all. DO YOUR HOMEWORK. PLEASE :)

I'll play devil's advocate for a second.

Here's the situation.
I just purchased a large sum of ammo from a local retailer for a real price. Not an over inflated price. Now say I decide to sell the ammo for around a 100% mark up. In doing so I have removed the ability for other people to buy the ammo for a real price with the sole purpose of gouging others.

What if someone commented to me about the gouging? Would it be out of line for someone to question my price? I don't think it would be. It's pretty obvious to see the people that are intentionally trying to make a quick buck. Conveniently I've noticed its the same people who have been trying to sell stripped lowers for $400, LPKs for $150, primers for <$50/1000, and 9mm for $20/50.

i dont have a problem with that at all. If someone wants to try and sell it at high prices let them. If someone wants to pay that price then that is their own stupidity or they may even know that the price is out of line but need the ammo. I bought some ammo at a very high price not long ago because I needed it badly and I didn't have days to shop.
That was my own choice

My $0.02....

Ok i understand that with everthing that is going on items are hard to come by if not nearly imposable.. But i have noticed that there have been a a few people that seem to be after one thing.. $$$$$

We all on here have been imposed with the problems that the new administration has come to bare on us all as gun owners and gun sportsmen. But for what seems to be a few pepole joining this forum because of the topic and its name just to try and sell some items that for the most part is ( PRICE GOUGING ) .. for a quick $. If at the store 1k of primers is normaly $25 to $35, you should controle your impules for the oll mighty $. We are all in this together..

Ok I do understnd supply and demand. but give it a break when it comes to 3 or 4 times the normal price.. and when you offer to trade for like items, say brass, bullets, powder and primers.. To request 3 to 1 trade on brass or a brick of a 1000 for your 500 primers.. well I think you all know where im getting at.

I may not like whats going on and refuse to be taken to the cleaners. I will continue to wait for the orders that I have made, and continue to make even when having to wait 3 to 8 weeks for said items. Its like Christmas everytime i come home. In the past 3 weeks I have received 3 shipments of primers (15000) 6 weeks from order date and only $128 per 5000.. 2 in bullets and powder, and brass..

......................................OK RANT OVER.............................................

And before I get a few or ton of messages.. I would be willing to share, once I am cought up in my reloading. I reload for a few friends and for myself... and as for the cost of primers or powder if I sell any just to say.. I will only charge cost plus part of the hazmat the i incured.. $26 per 1k + $4. ($130 for 1 case of 5 -1k brinks and $20 haz per case)

I got banned from arfcom for commenting on someone's extreme price gouging.

But we do have a policy of no thread crapping here. But if you're like me, and see a friend thinking of paying $20 for a box of 9mm, or $50 for a brick of primers (I'm sure many people know how much I hate expensive primers :D), tell them not to, and either sell them some for a good price, or find someone else that is willing to hook this friend up with a good deal.

That's the benefit of a large social network like this place, you can make friends that can help out, and you can let people know what prices they should be paying for something. But just do it privately, so not to offend sellers, because in all fairness, it is their ad.

As a new buyer I like the comments both positive and negative. It gives people an idea of what a fair deal would be. If a seller wants to overcharge then that is their choice but it doesn't seem out of line to call somebody out.

I got banned from arfcom for commenting on someone's extreme price gouging.

But we do have a policy of no thread crapping here. But if you're like me, and see a friend thinking of paying $20 for a box of 9mm, or $50 for a brick of primers (I'm sure many people know how much I hate expensive primers :D), tell them not to, and either sell them some for a good price, or find someone else that is willing to hook this friend up with a good deal.

That's the benefit of a large social network like this place, you can make friends that can help out, and you can let people know what prices they should be paying for something. But just do it privately, so not to offend sellers, because in all fairness, it is their ad.
I take all the credit!

As a new buyer I like the comments both positive and negative. It gives people an idea of what a fair deal would be. If a seller wants to overcharge then that is their choice but it doesn't seem out of line to call somebody out.

A good idea if you are new to the industry, and don't know fair prices, ask around to a few people here who look like they know what they're talking about.

So in other words, don't ask me! :s0114:

Or another good idea that might work, if you see something and are unsure of if its a good price or not. Post in the appropriate discussion section "I found X item for X price, is this a good deal?", but leave all details of where you found the item at so that it doesn't point to any sellers, if you keep it vague and don't point fingers, then I'm sure it won't offend any sellers. Just a thought of something that I wouldn't see as a problem, Idk what the other mods would think.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top