JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
A good idea if you are new to the industry, and don't know fair prices, ask around to a few people here who look like they know what they're talking about.

So in other words, don't ask me! :s0114:

Or another good idea that might work, if you see something and are unsure of if its a good price or not. Post in the appropriate discussion section "I found X item for X price, is this a good deal?", but leave all details of where you found the item at so that it doesn't point to any sellers, if you keep it vague and don't point fingers, then I'm sure it won't offend any sellers. Just a thought of something that I wouldn't see as a problem, Idk what the other mods would think.
I can agree with part of what you're saying ... ask around if you want to know fair prices. However, there should be no reason to offend a seller if the seller has done nothing wrong. If the seller doesn't like what is being said, click off the thread.

If you guys don't like the price of something being sold, that's fine. But PLEASE do not bash on the thread. Keep your opinions to yourself. This is starting to get old! :angry:

Absolutely.
I don't mind comments like:
"I used to have one of those, they are awesome"
"Wish I had the funds"
"Sweet rifle!!!"
"Trade offers?"

What is not allowed:
"Bi-Mart has them for $20 less"
"Those are jam-o-matics"
"$1000??? Are you serious???"

If anyone sees this thread-crapping, hit the "report" button.
Violations will be issued, and if it keeps happening, the member will be shown the door.

Also, this is a community of friends. Try to keep that in mind when selling or buying.

A person you give a good deal to today may have something you really want tomorrow. Burning bridges will only make it so YOU lose out on a good deal in the future.

I agree 100%.

Personally if somebody is stupid enough to grossly overpay for something why is it my problem? Would I stop them from overpaying for a car/house/motorcycle/etc? nope.

Stupid people overpaying for stuff is a fact of life, some of us are just smarter with our money.

The only problem I've had with a seller on here(who I PM'ed- which he then posted a copy of in his ad) was a guy who raised the price on his ammo by $300 in a span of one week. Price gouging at it's finest, he tried to capitalize on a "obama fear" market which is fine on gunbroker but not here on a local gun enthusiast forum.

for the record his ammo didn't sell.

Yes, but price gouging artificially inflates the prices for the rest of us, even if it doesn't sell at said price. Aside from the rudeness and perhaps the tactfulness, I see nothing wrong with mentioning that you can get a new gun at a retailer for less than someone is selling one used. That's just a despicable seller.

The next guy ready to sell a similar item will look around and see what a recent listing price is. Example..... the housing market. Just be tactful, I say.

It does make a person wonder why some people do ask the same or more for a gun than they can buy new @ bimart, Big5, walmart, or even a gun show. Which leads to the next and should I say more important question.. Why would anyone actually pay more than retail??? I can only think of a couple of reasons, and neither are good. Just remember, the only one you can be sure of is yourself. 60 minutes did another BS story last sunday about us gun lovin people, and in case you didnt watch it, you should look it up on youtube. They have us all selling guns out of the trunk of our cars to illegal aliens taking them back to mexico. I know this isnt true, but how well do you really know the person buying or selling stuff here, or anywhere? BE CAREFULL!!! btw I DO have a OCHL

It does make a person wonder why some people do ask the same or more for a gun than they can buy new @ bimart, Big5, walmart, or even a gun show. Which leads to the next and should I say more important question.. Why would anyone actually pay more than retail??? I can only think of a couple of reasons, and neither are good. Just remember, the only one you can be sure of is yourself. 60 minutes did another BS story last sunday about us gun lovin people, and in case you didnt watch it, you should look it up on youtube. They have us all selling guns out of the trunk of our cars to illegal aliens taking them back to mexico. I know this isnt true, but how well do you really know the person buying or selling stuff here, or anywhere? BE CAREFULL!!! btw I DO have a OCHL

well one legitimate reason I see for sellers having prices above bimart or big 5 is because they bought something like a 10/22 or moss 500 at an actual gun shop and paid $50 or more than the retail stores, then they don't want to take a huge loss when reselling it. A lot of those cheaper guns can be found at bimart and big 5 because they buy and sell so many of them, they usually are cheaper retail than even what a dealer pays for them. But I prefer to support local dealers, so if I want something like a 10/22, I get a davidson's only gun that bimart can't get.

Very Good Point.. I agree with you there. I am fairly new here, and have been around and into guns for years, and have noticed that there are alot of new members joining. I personally feel that if I get a good deal on a rifle and want to sell it, I pass the good deal on... I make a little extra and also give the buyer something to feel good about. I really hate dealers at gun shows that pay $150.00 for a used gun then mark $600.00 on it, when I can go to a store and get it new for $585.00. The ones that do this pack the same stuff around for years. Really my original point was that we need to be careful. I have some friends that got into a little hot water over guns that changed hands that were hot. They just got caught in the middle, but it all worked out fine. We dont always know the people or were the guns came from or where there going. Thats why I like to deal with local friends. BE CAREFUL ALL:s0155:

Yes, but price gouging artificially inflates the prices for the rest of us, even if it doesn't sell at said price. Aside from the rudeness and perhaps the tactfulness, I see nothing wrong with mentioning that you can get a new gun at a retailer for less than someone is selling one used. That's just a despicable seller.

The next guy ready to sell a similar item will look around and see what a recent listing price is. Example..... the housing market. Just be tactful, I say.

Use the report button and explain to us, or explain it to the seller via IM

Violations will be issued, and people will be removed from the site.

There is a discussion in the mod forum right now. If the no-threadcrapping rule keeps getting ignored, Joey will have to make it so the classifieds cannot be replied to.

So, in an effort to prevent that we are going to be more strict.

If you are replying to a classified ad, It better be to say "I'll take it" or at least be a positive comment or question.

The real problem here is people will say things in an anonymous forum they would never say to someone in person, let alone with 200 people watching him or her. Most wouldn't feel comfortable speaking at all in front of that large of a group.

If you have to say it, whatever it is, thinking about it first would be a good idea.

Maybe we need the five minue rule that gmail put in place? <grin>

Bob

If we are talking about threadcrapping, that happens all the time. It seems mods don't give a hoot if money isn't involved... look in the legal section.... if its not threadcrapping, its thread sharting:s0114:

In general discussion, anyone is allowed to say their opinion as long as they follow the rules, it doesn't matter if its for or against the topic, that's the point of a forum discussion.

When it comes to the classifieds, they are not topics open for discussion, hence why negative opinions should be kept to ones self. There is a difference.

As moderators, we don't always have the chance to read every single post, so if you see something that is off topic in a discussion, violates the rules, or is otherwise threadcrapping, feel free to hit the "report post" button, it emails all of the moderators to alert us of a problem.

Sorry.. I learned german in the late 80's its a little rusty, however I also know two other languages fluently, so it get difficult to keep up on them all.. Of course, I've seen people here that can't keep up with their first language, so I'm not too disappointed :)

If you don't like the price of something, then keep shopping around. People who are dumb enough to buy a terrible product or something that is grossly overpriced aren't going to benefit much from a "champion" who's out to save them from their own stupidity. And everyone else is smart enough to do a little research or price-comparing before dropping any cash and, therefore, doesn't need a "champion" to begin with.

The only acceptable reasons to get involved in a Sale/Trade thread are:
1. To ask legitimate questions about the item(s)
2. To challenge a legitimate inaccuracy
3. To make positive comments (i.e., "envious drool") about the item, which basically amounts to a free bump

Anything else should be handled through a PM to either the seller or a Mod depending on the nature of your comment/question.

Nearly all the Sale/Trade threadcrapping I've read (across several forums) is nothing more than an exercise in vanity by the poster: "Look how witty/well-informed I am." and posted in the guise of being "helpful" to others.

Although I have to admit, that "does it come with lube" remark was pretty danged funny.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top