JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
US economy probable outcomes in the next two years and why you should have PMs:

1) an economic miracle recovery with increasing GDP growth, a steady drop in unemployment, and mild inflation.
2) a total collapse of the rule of law with no place safe.
3) we muddle along as we are today with stubbornly high unemployment, anemic GDP growth and stiff inflation.
4) #3 with more violence and terrible inflation.
I doubt if #1 and #2 will happen. #3 and #4 are likely.

US economy probable outcomes in the next two years and why you should have PMs:

1) an economic miracle recovery with increasing GDP growth, a steady drop in unemployment, and mild inflation.
2) a total collapse of the rule of law with no place safe.
3) we muddle along as we are today with stubbornly high unemployment, anemic GDP growth and stiff inflation.
4) #3 with more violence and terrible inflation.
I doubt if #1 and #2 will happen. #3 and #4 are likely.

I see #5 as more likely outcome (sort of a combination of 1 and 3)
we muddle along as we are today with high unemployment, no real GDP growth and moderate inflation.

If Obama gets re-elected then I see negative GDP growth, higher inflation and much higher firearms related prices.
If Obama gets re-elected and regains veto-proof majority in the Senate and majority in the House, you will see some very restrictive gun laws being passed.

yeah, I bought 10 oz last weekend at just under $31.

wish I had more cash on hand I would buy more more more more more!

The way I've got it figured the composite price I've paid for all my silver since I started buying about 2 years ago is right around $31 an ounce...so anytime it dips below that it seems like a good idea to buy more and further drive down my average price paid....doesn't really matter to anyone but me in the long haul...but it makes me feel better to know I'm getting some kind of a deal....

Something no one has told you; Gold is only worth that much to people who want gold.

I, don't want gold. I don't need gold. I can't do anything with gold.

Your gold won't buy my food, ammo, or weapons. Your Top Ramen packet might be worth a box of ammo some day.

But, I suppose some people will want gold, and will trade for it.

Guess my post is meaningless. :D

my philosophy is diversification. I've got the food, ammo, guns, clothing and medical bases relatively covered. Silver may help me pay my property tax post SHTF or may help my family to cross an important checkpoint or border.

By the way, the REASON I don't have any spare cash to buy silver this weekend is because instead I took $300 to buy a used ratchet style grape/apple/fruit press.

I figured since we have an orchard this would be a pretty useful tool to have whether or not TSHTF....:D

diversification....don't have all your eggs in one basket...

Something no one has told you; Gold is only worth that much to people who want gold.

Your gold won't buy my food, ammo, or weapons. Your Top Ramen packet might be worth a box of ammo some day.

That is true for any item or service.
Cocaine is is worth a lot of money on the street, but I would not give you 1 cent for a ton of it. I have no use for it.

my philosophy is diversification. I've got the food, ammo, guns, clothing and medical bases relatively covered. Silver may help me pay my property tax post SHTF or may help my family to cross an important checkpoint or border.

By the way, the REASON I don't have any spare cash to buy silver this weekend is because instead I took $300 to buy a used ratchet style grape/apple/fruit press.

I figured since we have an orchard this would be a pretty useful tool to have whether or not TSHTF....:D

diversification....don't have all your eggs in one basket...

Where did you find your fruit press? Sounds cool.

Where did you find your fruit press? Sounds cool.
img0426e.jpg

I've been looking literally for MONTHS to buy one used. You can get them from the local winemaking/beermaking shops,but brand new they are about $500-$700 depending on size, brand and store markup.

I jumped on the opportunity to buy this...didn't try to haggle with the guy or anything...he asked $300 and I said "Where can I meet you?"

I'm excited.

I've been renting these for the last 6 winemaking seasons....no renting this year!

this is the funniest quote of all time, as Mark Twain once said, it is better to walk through life with your mouth shut, and let people assume you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

Please please please, anyone who reads this. name a time in history when Gold and Silver did not command value, when Gold or Silver where turned away as worthless, for 5,000 years at least, they have been in demand, without silver you can not make a mirror, silver is the best electrical conductor bar none, Gold, any dentist will tell you it is the best for filling cavities, every circuit board, of every telephone, computer, electronic device has gold in it, Gold and Silver are for Political, and monetary uncertain times, for any of you who are ignorant to history, please read the Creature from Jekyll Island, by G. Edward Griffin,

Gold or Silver, are always in demand. Just about any day of the week, you can walk into a coin shop, jewlery store and get cash, you can burry it, let it sit for a day to 1,000 years more indeed, it will have value, the US dollar will be worth less tommorow than today just as it is worth less today, than it was worth a year ago, Gold has no counter party risk, gold silver in hand, the work has been done, there is no debt, the US dollar is debt, that is why they call it a NOTE, a Federal Reserve Note, Gold , Silver are Money as defined by the U.S. Constitution, just because our corrupt government does not follow the law does not change it. By all means keep the legal tender for day to day living, as you see fit, remember the only reason the dollar has value is because the Federal Government says it does, You must pay your taxes with dollars, that is what gives them value. Lead in the right hands can protect house, Gold, Silver. Gold and Silver in the right hands, protects lead, house and home. all the best you, friends and fools alike.

fred c. dobbs you can not print gold or silver.

I've said this until I'm blue in the face. After you have all of the preps you could possibly need, what are you going to do with a LOT of money you might have left? Gold and silver, but I would buy the preps first. I don't buy gold and silver as an investment such as stocks. I don't really care what the price is from month to month, although I do buy on dips.

I do agree that right after a shtf scenario, gold and silver might not have much value compared to food or ammo etc., so you need extra things for barter. But as for gold and silver, I sure wouldn't have a lot of cash in the bank right now.

this is the funniest quote of all time, as Mark Twain once said, it is better to walk through life with your mouth shut, and let people assume you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

Please please please, anyone who reads this. name a time in history when Gold and Silver did not command value, when Gold or Silver where turned away as worthless, for 5,000 years at least, they have been in demand, without silver you can not make a mirror, silver is the best electrical conductor bar none, Gold, any dentist will tell you it is the best for filling cavities, every circuit board, of every telephone, computer, electronic device has gold in it, Gold and Silver are for Political, and monetary uncertain times, for any of you who are ignorant to history, please read the Creature from Jekyll Island, by G. Edward Griffin,

Gold or Silver, are always in demand. Just about any day of the week, you can walk into a coin shop, jewlery store and get cash, you can burry it, let it sit for a day to 1,000 years more indeed, it will have value, the US dollar will be worth less tommorow than today just as it is worth less today, than it was worth a year ago, Gold has no counter party risk, gold silver in hand, the work has been done, there is no debt, the US dollar is debt, that is why they call it a NOTE, a Federal Reserve Note, Gold , Silver are Money as defined by the U.S. Constitution, just because our corrupt government does not follow the law does not change it. By all means keep the legal tender for day to day living, as you see fit, remember the only reason the dollar has value is because the Federal Government says it does, You must pay your taxes with dollars, that is what gives them value. Lead in the right hands can protect house, Gold, Silver. Gold and Silver in the right hands, protects lead, house and home. all the best you, friends and fools alike.

fred c. dobbs you can not print gold or silver.

I agree with you fred, wholeheartedly....but since you said "name a time in the last 5,000 years" I'll throw one out there...the Oregon trail, especially right before winter hit...covered wagon pioneers wouldn't take a bucket of gold for a bucket of beans.

The Donner party....classic tragic example...the "richer" pioneers were trying to give their gold away to buy frozen horse carcasses....and their travel mates wouldn't sell...eventually it got so bad that gold wouldn't even buy the rawhide wagon covers....the desparate travelers began eating those too...

so I still say food first, guns second, ammo third, medical 4th, then more food, more food more food....then eventually it becomes impractical to store any more food and ammo for a variety of reasons...and you look to precious metals...

As to the industrial uses....absolutely! besides the "precious money value" that humans have agreed about for the last several thousand years...there are functional uses for gold and silver. I work in dentistry....and even though few people choose gold these days due to cosmetics, it still remains the best and strongest tooth restoration material. hands down. not even a question. Though even a gold crown is not 100% gold...it has some silver and palladium and nickel in it.... (gold is too soft)

miss J,

Donner pary, Oregon trail , these two cases where in no way connected to any society at Large, you are talking about excursions that where maifested in proper preperation for travel conditions, of the unknown. It would be like saying, when man walked on the moon gold or silver had no value, compared to a glass of TANG, or on the TITANIC, compared to a life boat, Get REAL, these where barbaric conditions, if it comes to that in America, bulletts , beans, water and sand bags will be of the highest value. I find it interesting that you consider these as equal comparisons.

as for your industrial uses paragraph, you prove my point to a "T" , with all do respect to gold and silver, Palladium is , $ 605 per ounce, not to forget, at the time of the Donner party tragedy, we had the California Gold Rush going on in the northern part of the state, and the War of Los Angeles in the south. Which proves my point that Gold always has had value,

I agree with you fred, wholeheartedly....but since you said "name a time in the last 5,000 years" I'll throw one out there...the Oregon trail, especially right before winter hit...covered wagon pioneers wouldn't take a bucket of gold for a bucket of beans.

The Donner party....classic tragic example...the "richer" pioneers were trying to give their gold away to buy frozen horse carcasses....and their travel mates wouldn't sell...eventually it got so bad that gold wouldn't even buy the rawhide wagon covers....the desparate travelers began eating those too...

so I still say food first, guns second, ammo third, medical 4th, then more food, more food more food....then eventually it becomes impractical to store any more food and ammo for a variety of reasons...and you look to precious metals...

As to the industrial uses....absolutely! besides the "precious money value" that humans have agreed about for the last several thousand years...there are functional uses for gold and silver. I work in dentistry....and even though few people choose gold these days due to cosmetics, it still remains the best and strongest tooth restoration material. hands down. not even a question. Though even a gold crown is not 100% gold...it has some silver and palladium and nickel in it.... (gold is too soft)

miss J,

Donner pary, Oregon trail , these two cases where in no way connected to any society at Large, you are talking about excursions that where maifested in proper preperation for travel conditions, of the unknown. It would be like saying, when man walked on the moon gold or silver had no value, compared to a glass of TANG, or on the TITANIC, compared to a life boat, Get REAL, these where barbaric conditions, if it comes to that in America, bulletts , beans, water and sand bags will be of the highest value. I find it interesting that you consider these as equal comparisons.

as for your industrial uses paragraph, you prove my point to a "T" , with all do respect to gold and silver, Palladium is , $ 605 per ounce, not to forget, at the time of the Donner party tragedy, we had the California Gold Rush going on in the northern part of the state, and the War of Los Angeles in the south. Which proves my point that Gold always has had value,

yeah, the moon, the west, Oregon, the Frontier whatever you want to call it represents the same basic idea or even more generically you could just say: "uncharted territory" which is an abstract term that could still apply to a future world you and I have never even considered. Point being that in any "uncharted territory" supplies are king. And a pound of gold won't buy you an ounce of supplies in uncharted territory.

We're on the same side of this debate...just like to encourage everyone to keep our thinking caps on!!!!!!!!

yeah, the moon, the west, Oregon, the Frontier whatever you want to call it represents the same basic idea or even more generically you could just say: "uncharted territory" which is an abstract term that could still apply to a future world you and I have never even considered. Point being that in any "uncharted territory" supplies are king. And a pound of gold won't buy you an ounce of supplies in uncharted territory.

We're on the same side of this debate...just like to encourage everyone to keep our thinking caps on!!!!!!!!

Let put it into perspective. How much will Federal Reserve Paper Notes be worth in "uncharted territory"?

Like Gunner keeps saying - once you have your reserves taken care off, how do you store whatever wealth you might have?

Let put it into perspective. How much will Federal Reserve Paper Notes be worth in "uncharted territory"?

Like Gunner keeps saying - once you have your reserves taken care off, how do you store whatever wealth you might have?

ha! touche! yeah, well one thing's for sure; federal reserve paper notes will be worth LESS than gold and silver in uncharted territory....(except you COULD burn them as tinder....)

I'm on your side. I just bought 10 ounces silver last weekend....

At that time, gold and silver still had value, just not to those particular individuals. You could also name thousands of times when food, water and guns and ammo had absolutely no value to individuals.

You might not, but do you really matter? There are three billion plus people (aka US creditors) in China & India that want gold/silver.

img0426e.jpg

I've been looking literally for MONTHS to buy one used. You can get them from the local winemaking/beermaking shops,but brand new they are about $500-$700 depending on size, brand and store markup.

I jumped on the opportunity to buy this...didn't try to haggle with the guy or anything...he asked $300 and I said "Where can I meet you?"

I'm excited.

I've been renting these for the last 6 winemaking seasons....no renting this year!

Thanks, great pic!

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads