JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
About one in five women ages 40 to 59 and nearly one in four women ages 60 and over used antidepressants in the last 30 days during 2015 to 2018, according to the latest data from the National Center for Health Statistics. Among women ages 18 to 39, the figure was about one in 10. Among men, 8.4% of those ages 40 to 59 and 12.8% of those 60 and older used antidepressants in the last 30 days, according to the NCHS data.

About one in five women ages 40 to 59 and nearly one in four women ages 60 and over used antidepressants in the last 30 days during 2015 to 2018, according to the latest data from the National Center for Health Statistics. Among women ages 18 to 39, the figure was about one in 10. Among men, 8.4% of those ages 40 to 59 and 12.8% of those 60 and older used antidepressants in the last 30 days, according to the NCHS data.

But I bet they are not taking into account the use of Trazadone which is a antidepressant but is widely prescribed a sleep aid! just like with gun deaths, they just lump all of them into one pile and never take into consideration how many of the deaths were due to suicides. Nothing more then blanket studies to push a particular political or social ideal.

But I bet they are not taking into account the use of Trazadone which is a antidepressant but is widely prescribed a sleep aid! just like with gun deaths, they just lump all of them into one pile and never take into consideration how many of the deaths were due to suicides. Nothing more then blanket studies to push a particular political or social ideal.
The story is more about a lack of nuance in treating depression in older women. If there is a political angle it is drug companies having too much influence over doctors' prescription pads.

Last Edited:
Alcohol is the "king" of drugs; cheap, easily accessible and socially acceptable. It is easy to make at home with common ingredients and as powerful as many opioids when used at full strength...
I may have to consider adding a still or a brewing setup as part of my SHTF prepping. I imagine alcohol will always have trade value.

So…. I'm now supposed to prep for staving off roving hordes of depressed post-menopausal wimmens? 😳
What do I need to stock-up on now?.… …. 5 gallon buckets of wrinkle cream, bulk chocolate, bales of warm socks, and boxes of trashy romance novels?

…. Really… I'd prefer Zombies 😱

Living with a woman who takes antidepressants, all I can say it's the one drug she takes that I keep track of. It only took a couple of times that she ran short to convince me it was in my best interest to keep on top of them.

Orange traffic cones will not offer you any protection, my friend, as they only protect to the level of a drive by gang shooting or a Russian tank. They are worthless here.

I suspect that culture and attitude plays a role.
1649041931500.png

Aloha, Mark
PS........Thailand will be re-opening in a couple of months.
1649042368605.png

Last Edited:
So…. I'm now supposed to prep for staving off roving hordes of depressed post-menopausal wimmens? 😳
What do I need to stock-up on now?.… …. 5 gallon buckets of wrinkle cream, bulk chocolate, bales of warm socks, and boxes of trashy romance novels?

Boxed wine.

Living with a woman who takes antidepressants, all I can say it's the one drug she takes that I keep track of. It only took a couple of times that she ran short to convince me it was in my best interest to keep on top of them.

Orange traffic cones will not offer you any protection, my friend, as they only protect to the level of a drive by gang shooting or a Russian tank. They are worthless here.
This.

Also, there are many people legitimately helped by their meds. That being said, withdrawals are no joke.

If my mother is any indication what a person is like when they go off of antidepressant meds, there will be a lot of people shot during an extended SHTF because they've gone rabid once off their drugs.
<sarc>
They need to overprescribe zoloft and other SSRIs to Californians before the next San Andreas shake-n-bake. Hopefully China will try to restrict pharma supply....
Eugenics died before its time. We need some voting age population control....

</sarc>

The story is more about a lack of nuance in treating depression in older women. If there is a political angle it is drug companies having too much influence over doctors' prescription pads.
Thing about all drugs though, unless they are forcibly put into someone, they are all voluntary. Blaming drug companies ignores personal responsibility/autonomy of the patients. Taking anti-depressants is a choice. Vast majority of people wouldn't really need them if they ditched electronics, ate right and exercised a bit. Very few people have a natural chemical imbalance that consistently afflicts them with depression. Most people are just unhappy with their life because of their chosen attitude.

Don't forget to stockpile BiMart boxed wine to go with those bodice ripper novels. You'll be a modern day King Solomon.

Thing about all drugs though, unless they are forcibly put into someone, they are all voluntary. Blaming drug companies ignores personal responsibility/autonomy of the patients. Taking anti-depressants is a choice. Vast majority of people wouldn't really need them if they ditched electronics, ate right and exercised a bit. Very few people have a natural chemical imbalance that consistently afflicts them with depression. Most people are just unhappy with their life because of their chosen attitude.
Did you read the article? Do you believe that women later in life can regulate their own hormones through acts of personal responsibility? Do you expect that laypersons can understand the underlying biological mechanisms which make them feel terrible, and be able to distinguish a doctor's incorrect decision to prescribe antidepressants, from the hormone therapy which should be chosen, particulaly when many physicians, GPs in particular, lack the abilty themselves?

Did you read the article? Do you believe that women later in life can regulate their own hormones through acts of personal responsibility? Do you expect that laypersons can understand the underlying biological mechanisms which make them feel terrible, and be able to distinguish a doctor's incorrect decision to prescribe antidepressants, from the hormone therapy which should be chosen, particulaly when many physicians, GPs in particular, lack the abilty themselves?
There was an interesting study done on the effects of menopause on women worldwide. They found that cultures who view aging as bad also experience the worst symptoms. Cultures who see age as a good thing did not see the symptoms. For instance, there is actually no word in the Japanese language that describes hot flashes. The study also found that cultures which ate a better diet also experienced far less dramatic symptoms, especially if foods contained higher estrogen (soy).

"If menopausal symptoms were due solely to hormone changes, symptoms would be homogeneous".

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top