JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
A little off topic...
I own some sliver, I would like to have gold but it's too expensive for me to purchase at this point in time. I do try to stock up on lead, copper, and steel lol (ammo). I was listening to coast to coast radio and this guy was talking about stocking up on nickels. My first impression was WTF? foo you trippin lol. So I started to do some research and I found a few sites and did some reading. I for one am going to start getting some nickels and I am gonna use an ammo can to keep them in. If you wanna know more, here is one of the sites where it explains why you should look into the nickel before it's taken over by the new nickel.
<broken link removed>

I prefer 95% copper cents as they are more of a pure bullion than the nickels and automatically OVER DOUBLE your investment(2.2 cent value today, 1909-1982 Lincoln Copper Penny Melt Value - Coinflation), where as the nickel only gives you little immediate return, .0512$(1946-2011 Jefferson Nickel Melt Value - Coinflation). This is a GREAT way to sort your cents easily! Silver coin & Copper Penny Sorter half quarter dime bar | eBay and no, I have ZERO investment in this company, but can attest to the fact that it is very accurate. If ya have ALOT of copper cents it seems to be less accurate than when it's a more even mix(zinc to copper)...? Check it out. It's DEFINITELY more profitable than the nickels AND the nickel, being larger, has 3.3g copper and a copper penny 3.1. It takes MUCH more space to store the copper bullion in the nickels than copper pennies take... good luck!

I have been saving my copper pennies for about a year now. I have a small electronic scale which makes it very easy. The copper pennies are heavier than the newer alloy ones. Alloy ones weigh about 2.5 when the copper are over 3 grams. I just take all the pennies that i have a throw them one by one onto the scale and then push them off either to the right or the left side of the scale.
I don't do it because I need to, but because I hate to give away something that I already have for less than half its real value.

I don't get it. Pennies haven't been pure copper since the mid 1800's. From 1962 to 1982 they were 95% copper and 5% zinc. before that they also had tin in them. It would cost more than a penny to refine the copper out of a penny. Also, a pound of those pennies has a face value of around $1.75 - $1.80, meaning you'd need a thousand pounds of pennies to have any real money - about the same as an ounce of gold.

Time is money too. I just don't see making any real money sorting out pennies made before 1983 (1982 and earlier.) unless maybe they were pure copper.

Anyone with .999 coins in 100+ quantity, generic/melt who has decided that they would like to put faith in debt notes instead, please PM me. The stock market has been raging, don't miss out on all the wonderful paper opportunities out there right now. Or you can buy silver ETFs and not have to worry about storage. Don't be concerned that there are 300x+ paper certs than there is real physical silver. It really isn't a ponzi. I am here to help.

I will happily take that useless silver off your hands.

I am really not surprised that more people don't trade gold/silver for guns/misc here because most people are chasing their own tails in debt. Selling real things to get ahold of monopoly notes. Step off the wheel. Get rid of your debt. Not being a debt slave is AWESOME.

It's not about "making" money to me so much as asset preservation and diversification. Similar to silver, I believe that copper is also undervalued and will increase exponentially in the years to come, then it will be profitable to melt them. Don't do it now tho 'cause it's still illegal. I also love coin collecting so I will have plenty of stock to sort if I'm ever holed up(I found a $400 1972 DD already). I want my safe to be soo heavy that it is "impossible" to move. A ammo can of copper cents is about 80# so it's heavier than an equal volume of ammo, lead shot, etc.

Cool! I can get with that. :) I was at my Dad's a few days ago (he's 94) and he was showing me a whole bunch of change he had at one time saved for no real reason. It was in smallish boxes and we dumped them out on the bed. About half the dimes, quarters, half's and dollars were real silver, and he had a bunch of buffalo nickels and wheat and Indian head pennies. He probably has at least 20 pounds of it in the bottom of a file drawer including a gallon jug full on a closet shelf.

One of these days when they are mine, (along with his guns, yum yum) I'll get a book and go online and go through them. I think he stopped saving them like that about 40 years ago or so. Just glancing, I didn't see anything as new as 1970, but he did have some 65 and newer sandwich coins.

For now though, I want my Dad as long as possible. He and I went to the firing range last Sat. and he can still really shoot! (He's a vet of Normandy, through France and into Belgium where he was wounded. He has a bronze star and a purple heart.)

Anyway, I see what you mean about the coins, so have fun. :)

Dad2010.jpg

I am really not surprised that more people don't trade gold/silver for guns/misc here because most people are chasing their own tails in debt. Selling real things to get ahold of monopoly notes. Step off the wheel. Get rid of your debt. Not being a debt slave is AWESOME.

I won't trade my PMs. I'd rather give you my paper ponzi scheme money, LOL. +1 on being out of debt.

Cool! I can get with that. :) I was at my Dad's a few days ago (he's 94) and he was showing me a whole bunch of change he had at one time saved for no real reason. It was in smallish boxes and we dumped them out on the bed. About half the dimes, quarters, half's and dollars were real silver, and he had a bunch of buffalo nickels and wheat and Indian head pennies. He probably has at least 20 pounds of it in the bottom of a file drawer including a gallon jug full on a closet shelf.

One of these days when they are mine, (along with his guns, yum yum) I'll get a book and go online and go through them. I think he stopped saving them like that about 40 years ago or so. Just glancing, I didn't see anything as new as 1970, but he did have some 65 and newer sandwich coins.

For now though, I want my Dad as long as possible. He and I went to the firing range last Sat. and he can still really shoot! (He's a vet of Normandy, through France and into Belgium where he was wounded. He has a bronze star and a purple heart.)

Anyway, I see what you mean about the coins, so have fun. :)

Dad2010.jpg

Gunner
Tell your dad I lost 11 uncles in WW2, I know and respect the fact that his generation saved the free world from a terrible fate, at a terrible price and that there are plenty of men left in this country to save it again. I started saving my lunch money (35 cents a day) when the country converted away from silver coins, nobody told me to do this, it was just common sense,why ould I trade silver for an egg salad sandwitch?
(This was the end game of going off the gold standard, no PMs in private hands at all). In less than a year there were no silver coins left in circulation, no gold or silver notes either.
With no PM in private hands the US population was reduced to goverment controled fiat money. America became enslaved.

+1

Unfortunately, in our quest to try and retain the Petro dollar's monopoly on world oil/other trade, we will most likely soon be staging another false flag. This time it is Iran's turn. Got to get that good 'ol RC central bank in there.

WWIII will most likely be the cost to keep the Ponzi scheme going forward. The loss of millions of lives all based on protecting a currency. One seriously messed up matrix we live in that is for sure.

Silver/PMs are more than just a hedge. It is a statement that you don't want to be part of the ongoing Ponzi scheme of endless printing of fiat currency.

Unfortunately for TPTB they are stuck in a catch 22. They must stop Iraq (done), Lybia (done), Syria, Iran and others from trading in currencies other than the dollar, hence the bombs and death. But war with Iran will make oil skyrocket, bring China and Russia into play war-wise, and really putting the dagger into our frail and fake money-printing, consumer/service US economy.

Very interesting and treacherous times ahead indeed. All because an elite few want more and more power at the cost of the many. Oh well. I didn't want to die in an old folks home in 20-30 years anyway.

Quantitative Easing Did Not Work For The Weimar Republic Either

http://www.thedailysheeple.com/a-culture-of-delusion_092012

Last edited by a moderator:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads