JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Went out on the town for a lovely evening with my girlfriend to celebrate my birthday. Went shopping at the local gun store, then wine tasting, then out for dinner to a fancy restaurant (well, average of $35 a plate, so not super fancy, but a couple of steps above Applebee's), then walked back to my vehicle to discover some absolutely clueless bubblegum had tried to ruin my evening by parking so far into my space that I had to back out onto the street so my girlfriend could open her door to get in.

WTH is wrong with people?? Made sure to take photos in case I discovered damage later. I wanted to leave a note, but my girlfriend convinced me to just let it go. The vehicle was much closer than it appears in the photo.

IMG_20201215_193524874.jpg

I've done that once or twice to people who deserve it. Such as taking up 4 spaces. I doubt you deserve it, though. That sucks, I know it's annoying.

Just a couple of thoughts here.....

Why have let someone's actions , who you have no control over , take up " free rent" in your head or "make" you upset....?
Yes they parked badly and made it difficult to get in your car and leave....
It appears that no damage or harm was actually done..
Sure grumble a bit...but there was nothing done that did any serious harm or inconvenience.

As for a note...
I am not sure that would have done any good....
As you mentioned "clueless bubblegum"...they probably don't know and wouldn't care about how their actions affected you.
And...it would be your fault in their mind as well...there is no real communication with folks like that.

Granted in that last bit ....I am guessing and perhaps even assuming the actions and thoughts of another....which ain't the best of ideas.
Andy

I'm not saying that the windshield wiper arms usually come off without tools very quickly but, most windshield wipers usually come off very quickly without tools. In the past I've watched someone hit my vehicle door while getting their large rear out of their vehicle and continue to walk away, when confronted they got pissed and denied it. So, on a rainy day I may or may not have popped two wiper arms (the whole assembly) off and tossed it amongst the garbage in their truck bed.

I'm not saying that the windshield wiper arms usually come off without tools very quickly but, most windshield wipers usually come off very quickly without tools. In the past I've watched someone hit my vehicle door while getting their large rear out of their vehicle and continue to walk away, when confronted they got pissed and denied it. So, on a rainy day I may or may not have popped two wiper arms (the whole assembly) off and tossed it amongst the garbage in their truck bed.

I used to do that quite a bit but now that there are cameras everywhere I figure I might get caught. So... I went to Staples and had cards printed that say, "I hope can f*** better than you can park".

Once in a while I'll watch the reactions when the cards are read - some people just start laughing and some have head explosions. All good fun!

Why have let someone's actions , who you have no control over , take up " free rent" in your head or "make" you upset....?
Sure grumble a bit...but there was nothing done that did any serious harm or inconvenience.

Andy is absolutely right.

And just as soon as I retrieve my valve steam removal tool from my glovebox and flatten one of there tires.
I'll never give them another thought. :D

Last Edited:

As for a note...
I am not sure that would have done any good....
As you mentioned "clueless bubblegum"...they probably don't know and wouldn't care about how their actions affected you.
And...it would be your fault in their mind as well...there is no real communication with folks like that.

Granted in that last bit ....I am guessing and perhaps even assuming the actions and thoughts of another....which ain't the best of ideas.
Andy

I think the current situation in our country has myself and others ready to blow at the slightest provocation.

Taking a photo and venting about it online was a much better option than running my pocketknife down the side of their vehicle, I believe.

I think the current situation in our country has myself and others ready to blow at the slightest provocation.

Taking a photo and venting about it online was a much better option than running my pocketknife down the side of their vehicle, I believe.
Yes to the idea of taking a picture.

As for the first part and our current situation in our country....
Speaking only for myself...and understanding that my thoughts are mine and come from my experiences :

I understand the concern...but also know that there ain't much I can do 'bout it.
So to taking out my concern or frustrations upon someone who also can't do much 'bout the current situation...makes no sense....to me.

To be honest here...bad parking and the jerk who does it...
Ain't no big thing to me...again based on my perceptions and experiences from my life.
Andy

Went out on the town for a lovely evening with my girlfriend to celebrate my birthday. Went shopping at the local gun store, then wine tasting, then out for dinner to a fancy restaurant (well, average of $35 a plate, so not super fancy, but a couple of steps above Applebee's), then walked back to my vehicle to discover some absolutely clueless bubblegum had tried to ruin my evening by parking so far into my space that I had to back out onto the street so my girlfriend could open her door to get in.

WTH is wrong with people?? Made sure to take photos in case I discovered damage later. I wanted to leave a note, but my girlfriend convinced me to just let it go. The vehicle was much closer than it appears in the photo.

View attachment 793088

Hey I remember you saying you won't take your $40K offroad rig into places it may get damaged on that other thread! You should have known better than to let it leave your driveway at home!:p
This is exactly why I love my old 4x4 truck so much, I give absolutely ZERO effs about how someone parks next to it.
However, I did have a nice 2016 GTI and my wife has a new 2020 Toyota that yes, we do stress when people park like this. And it sucks, that low-credit-score jeep is parked WAY over the line. I would be mad too.

One time I was sitting in my wife's last car, when a Hyundai parked right next to her, over it's own line, and opened a door into her car. That car, not her new one, was old and I wasn't particularly concerned for the car. However, I took great offense to how people disregard other people's property, so I proceeded to "return the favor" about 20 times with the door of our car, holy cow that FELT SO GOOD. Totally raped the door skin of the other car. Am I a jerk? Don't care. Felt good, almost had to smoke a cigarette after that release.

My wife hates having a nice car now, at her work (she works for a major aircraft manufacturer here, not gonna say who) she'll park her previous car, and come back to it to find a bumper knocked loose, a side-swipe, or the cream-de-le-creme, a big truck that backed-in parked onto the nose of her car leaving the receiver hitch buried in the plastic bumper of her car. Her work went to "work-from-home" shortly after I bought her a new car, she was really stressing the idea of parking her new car at work.

BTW, all vehicles, no matter how nice they seem today, will end up recycled into a can of beans. It's better to not care too much about your "can-of-beans" saves the aggravation

This is something I am very careful with, I have always driven smaller cars as it is basically just wife and I with no kids. Our trap shooting shotguns, ammo and gear don't take up too much space so we didn't need a larger vehicle. Plus, I had 2 grocery stores within walking distance from our place in CA so there was no need to buy too much stuff in a single trip.

Things changed earlier this year when we bought a 2nd home in WA and we loved it here so much we decided to make this our primary residence, having no State income tax didn't hurt either. ;)

It can potentially snow in winter and roads are a lot wetter than CA, plus the house is many times larger with grocery stores just a tad further away. So we bought a SUV and for the first time we're dealing with a larger vehicle. I find myself constantly using the front/back/360 degrees camera to check and make sure I'm parked perfectly in the parking spot because I don't want to park too close to the other vehicle.

I want to add, holy crap the parking spaces in WA state (at least west of Cascades) ARE FREAKING WAY TOO SMALL!

Except for Costco, parking spots here a tight, even for a compact car. Sometimes people "park too close" but when I check their position in their spot, they are only slightly off.

I want to add, holy crap the parking spaces in WA state (at least west of Cascades) ARE FREAKING WAY TOO SMALL!

Except for Costco, parking spots here a tight, even for a compact car. Sometimes people "park too close" but when I check their position in their spot, they are only slightly off.
Especially if you drive different sizes of vehicles. I have often gotten out of The Behemoth only to get right back in and move it over half a foot.

Especially if you drive different sizes of vehicles. I have often gotten out of The Behemoth only to get right back in and move it over half a foot.

Personally, I have a FS 4x4 truck with "tow mirrors" and my wife has a new Corolla Hatchback. Both vehicles seem "tight", but of course I love cramming the truck into a tight spot. Centered up between the lines I would bet I only have 6" on either side, and the tow mirrors are over that. Every spot is that way here, so......good thing I don't care if the truck gets dinged.
I think it's an attempt at social engineering. I bet they don't get very many more parking spots this way. So many times I see totally unusable spots when another vehicle is over the line, you can't park in the spot at all, with any car.

Personally, I have a FS 4x4 truck with "tow mirrors" and my wife has a new Corolla Hatchback. Both vehicles seem "tight", but of course I love cramming the truck into a tight spot. Centered up between the lines I would bet I only have 6" on either side, and the tow mirrors are over that. Every spot is that way here, so......good thing I don't care if the truck gets dinged.
I think it's an attempt at social engineering. I bet they don't get very many more parking spots this way. So many times I see totally unusable spots when another vehicle is over the line, you can't park in the spot at all, with any car.
I'm with you. I try to be nice but everything inside the lines is my space.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top