JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
There's absolutely no need to carry anything at this event. Its the numbers of people and the carefully written signs that are suitable for viewing by anyone at anytime on TV that will make the impression. Can you imagine what would happen if there was a negligent discharge during TV filming. You might as well leave you gun on the steps as you walk home.

NUMBER OF VOTING AGED PEOPLE IS WHAT IT IMPORTANT not waggling your toy at the politicians.

I'll show up but I'm not going to stay if its a screaming mass of idiots trying to get arrested.

there I said my piece now act like a grown up pull up your big boy pants and show up with a tasteful easy to understand sign and your GUN in your pants and your rifle in your rack.

Do you mean no need to "open carry" anything? I will be CCW, and I tend to agree with your statement of showing well written and easy to understand signs, and not waggling our "toys" at the politicians. The media would slaughter the cause. Anyone remember Chris Mathews carrying on about carrying a "goddamned gun" at a Tea Prty protest in close proximity to a Presidential appearance/function?

I'm not a puss (by any means), and I don't give a squat about others' irrational fear of an inanimate object, but like Mark said, we can do this without giving "ammo" to the MSM by carving us up in the editing room and putting everything into a completely different context from the truth of the matter.

Just something to consider...

GOA Rally

Bring your guns if you like and don't let others sway you. That's what this rally is about, protecting your 2nd amendment and your right to bear arms.

If you are concerned about a negligent or accidental discharge, may I suggest that you bring your firearm unloaded.

Signs may help so it can be visualized what the people are saying, but really, how many signs do you remember after any event you have seen on tv in the past? Did they have an impact or did you just get a glimpse from camera angle and move on?

I believe that there will be no bigger impact than to see the people exercising their constitutional right and fighting to protect it.

And for those who are agreeing with the quote "waggling our "toys". Since when are firearms considered toys"? Have you heard responsible gun owners referring to their guns as toys? Do they have an orange tip on the end? I think not.

GOA Rally

Bring your guns if you like and don't let others sway you. That's what this rally is about, protecting your 2nd amendment and your right to bear arms.

If you are concerned about a negligent or accidental discharge, may I suggest that you bring your firearm unloaded.

Signs may help so it can be visualized what the people are saying, but really, how many signs do you remember after any event you have seen on tv in the past? Did they have an impact or did you just get a glimpse from camera angle and move on?

I believe that there will be no bigger impact than to see the people exercising their constitutional right and fighting to protect it.

And for those who are agreeing with the quote "waggling our "toys". Since when are firearms considered toys"? Have you heard responsible gun owners referring to their guns as toys? Do they have an orange tip on the end? I think not.

Thank you Leather! This is the point I was trying to get across!

If the rest of the world saw firearms the way that responsible gun owners do, we would not have a problem. Know your audience; perception IS important.

Hey everyone is entitled to their opinion but this internal squabbling is what will undo the entire thing ......there will be open carry, conceal carry and no carry.
We will all be there for the same reason and we will all need to support each other.

I won't be open carrying, but if you are I will get your back and support you decision to do so, stand by your side while we express our concerns together....

I have no problem with any carry method, I just feel more comfortable concealed because I have no idea what the environment will be like at this event ....that's just me.

even if you're not going on the 19th I still support your 2a right even if you want to criticize the ones who will be putting it out there on the 19th.....don't ride the pine on this man, if you can't put your opinion to one side for the greater cause then you will look back on it knowing inside you did nothing on that day

Last Edited:
Redpaw, you might call someone in Salem and verify if this is the correct permit. Are you the one organizing this?

On the original post, you can find TOM. He is leading a great charge forward in organizing this event.
Here is a valuable link for more info: Patriot Party

I'm trying to catch up and will update the original post as news comes in later today. Does anyone have info about Biden & NRA meeting today?

I may go even if Lars Larson is there, but it's a general discouragement, you see having a lying sack of cronically irresponsible poo representing my side of an issue just don't sit well with me.

Why is this thing on a Friday Feb 8? Parking will suck and I fear the turnout will be much lower than on a weekend. Maybe I'm FOS?

Why is this thing on a Friday Feb 8? Parking will suck and I fear the turnout will be much lower than on a weekend. Maybe I'm FOS?

Because the building will actually have someone in it, like the Governor.....parking? Park a couple miles out and walk your *** in if you have to......parking ....wow

Because the building will actually have someone in it, like the Governor.....parking? Park a couple miles out and walk your *** in if you have to......parking ....wow

he will be there because he is working, like the rest of us. Saturday obviously went well, I expect this will be a low head count. I'm not going.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews