JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I love that there will be one in January and also one in February. Keep hammering the point home. But leave your hammers at home, they killed more people in 2011 than black murder rifles...

Anyway, I got in contact with Kevin at OFF, and he seemed a little concerned about the organization of this event. Meaning, if it's not well organized it could do more harm than good.

Hopefully the police have been notified about this protest. I can just imagine what Salem PD will do when they get a call about an armed march on the capitol. They have one of the few SWAT teams in OR, and they love to deploy.

I'm not sure if Salem city code requires a permit for a gathering this size, but it would be good to know ahead of time.

Anyway, just my .02

I don't mean to be rude but I really think we need to be mature and intelligent here. If you're talking about Senator Feinstein, then say so and cite the bill so we can talk and act like mature and intelligent adults.

Sorry if this sounds harsh but I don't know how else to express this. I have a hard time with someones credibility when they resort to name calling and I suspect that the group will be held to the same standard. I believe there will be considerable attention drawn to this forum so we should act accordingly.

I will be going but can someone answer me a question- in detail - not guessing, hear say or might be - exactly what is Feinstein submitting as a bill - where are the actual details and exactly what in hard cold fact is she planning to do? Her website is too generic and lacking detail in my opinion? I dont want to hear anything that is a best guess or a might be, please.

Respectfully

James Ruby

I love that there will be one in January and also one in February. Keep hammering the point home. But leave your hammers at home, they killed more people in 2011 than black murder rifles...

Anyway, I got in contact with Kevin at OFF, and he seemed a little concerned about the organization of this event. Meaning, if it's not well organized it could do more harm than good.

Hopefully the police have been notified about this protest. I can just imagine what Salem PD will do when they get a call about an armed march on the capitol. They have one of the few SWAT teams in OR, and they love to deploy.

I'm not sure if Salem city code requires a permit for a gathering this size, but it would be good to know ahead of time.

Anyway, just my .02

If its held on the Capitol grounds, its technically Oregon State Police jurisdiction, who would then request help from Salem Police if needed.

Anyway, just my .02

A very valid arguement. I'm willing to bet such a permit has a fee, a processing period, and possibly insurance requirements. Has anyone gotten confirmation of such?

Not sure who picked this date but, have you considered doing it on a weekday and asking Lars to broadcast live from the event?

Update: A little digging in the City of Salem website and presto: <broken link removed>

Half a million dollar insurance policy. Also, you are required to pay the city for any city services it decides to use in relation with your "parade." Redpaw, you might call someone in Salem and verify if this is the correct permit. Are you the one organizing this?

I hope every Orgonian that believes in thier rights, The second admendment, and the constitution show up in a peaceful demand of our rights. I am hoping this is very organized as it could blow up in our face if some left winger wanted to make us look bad. I would like to know how the other protesters in other states plan on handling the with or without rifles question. However we Americans handle this is should be done as a whole and not as an individual in my opinion. I see the point of bringing the rifles they want to ban but I also know that it may make for a black eye instead of a peaceful show of arms. On the other hand if every protest acoss America shows up in a peaceful show of arms that could be hard to deny. What ever is done it needs to be very organized and not just a bunch of hot heads wielding duel rifles. Imagine if everyone lifted a hammer at the same time.

I'm excited to see the plans coming together. My schedule may allow me to fly in for the event, in which case I'll be there. Definitely important that proper permits are in place. Perhaps I'm wrong, but it would seem wise for organizers to ensure adequate legal consultation has been received prior to the event. Always good to make sure every T is crossed so people aren't sent home last minute.

Quite the contrary. What better way to rub the statists noses in it than to show hundreds of people that demand their rights be honored with the actual implement? Epecially a gathering of that many guns that amazingly dont jump out and kill people.

I disagree. We don't want to "rub anyone's nose", nor do we want to call anyone silly names like "statist". We should simply present a cognizant and convincing argument in a calm and composed manner.

Anyone planning on open carry, check the statutes. Specifically, ORS 166.360, definitions that includes state grounds as areas where firearms are prohibited. Don't want to feed the trolls who will either be observing or commenting on the news.

Anyone planning on open carry, check the statutes. Specifically, ORS 166.360, definitions that includes state grounds as areas where firearms are prohibited. Don't want to feed the trolls who will either be observing or commenting on the news.

Also

Salem Revised Code...Salem Revised Code

95.095. Loaded Firearms.
(a) It shall be unlawful for any person to possess a loaded firearm, whether the shell or cartridge is
a blank or is live ammunition, while in a public place as defined in ORS 161.015.
(b) Nothing in subsection (a) shall apply to:
(1) A law enforcement officer in the performance of official duty.
(2) A member of the military in the performance of official duty.
(3) A person licensed to carry a concealed handgun.
(4) A person authorized to possess a loaded firearm while in or on a public building under
ORS 166.370.
(5) A government employee or contractor of the City of Salem engaged in flight safety
hazard abatement to comply with Chapter 14 of the Code of Federal Regulations, Part 139.337
at McNary Field. (Ord No. 29-96; Ord No. 54-05)

95.100. Concealed Weapons.
(a) It shall be unlawful for any person to carry concealed upon the person any knife having a
blade that projects or swings into position by force of a spring or by centrifugal force and
commonly known as a switchblade knife, any dirk, dagger, ice pick, sling shot, metal knuckles or
any other similar instrument by the use of which injury could be inflicted upon the person or
property of another person.
(b) Nothing in subsection (a) of this section shall apply to any peace officer as defined in ORS
133.005, whose duty it is to serve process or make arrests. (Ord No. 3389; Ord No. 27-70; Ord
No. 48-76; Ord No. 181-79; Ord No. 24-89; Ord No. 33-90; Ord No. 96-91; Ord No. 29-96)

and something to consider.

95.120. Disorderly Conduct.
It shall be unlawful for any person, with intent to cause public
inconvenience, annoyance or alarm, or recklessly creating a risk thereof, to:
(a) Engage in fighting or in violent, tumultuous, or threatening behavior; or
(b) Disturb any lawful assembly of persons without lawful authority; or
(c) Disobey, except while passively resisting an arrest, an order of a peace officer present at an
assembly of three or more persons, to disperse or abandon any weapon. For the purposes of this
subsection an order of an officer is lawful if two or more persons present:
(1) Are threatening bodily harm to another or damage to property, with immediate power to
carry out that threat, or
(2) Have committed an unlawful act of violence during the course of the assembly.
(d) Initiate or circulate a report, knowing it to be false, concerning an alleged or impending fire,
explosion, crime, catastrophe, or other emergency, which report reasonably would be expected to
cause alarm; or
(e) Obstruct with his person vehicular or pedestrian traffic on a public street or way. (Ord No.
3389; Ord No. 192-71; Ord No. 72-82; Ord No. 56-84; Ord No. 88-95; Ord No. 69-99)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top