JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Interesting one. Went shooting this morning as is often my start to a Monday. As I am shooting away I look down and see a very small spring on the bench. First thought was WTF now. Start going over every gun I had with me. Had been shooting 3 of them. Could not find anything missing. Put the spring in my pocket of course to bring home just in case. I was the only shooter there at the time and was the first of the morning. Possible it was laying there when I got there of course. When I got home I went over all 3 guns again to make sure. Still going to bother me for a while wondering where the hell it came from :)

I lost a front sight off my G26 over at Wolf Creek a while back. I was shooting and saw it go flying. Never found it. If anyone sees it, let me know. Lol.

A spring out of a GI ball point pen once made a Rifle I had built come to life. And, after loosing the first sight from a 1911A1 I went on to Win the Match. Just goes to show that some things are important and others not so!

If you really want to have fun, leave a small flange Colt SP-1 AR15 firing pin on the bench. Do not ask how I know this to be true. Embarrassing! Yikes! :)

Hundreds of builds. (One shipped without a firing pin.)

I've found all kinds of stuff like gun parts at the range over the years. I found a scope ring part one time that had me checking my rifles.

Reminds me a little of a non-firearm story from when I was maybe 13 or 14. We had set up a plywood ramp and were jumping our bikes over it. I had pedaled hard and was in the air as I saw a bicycle wheel rolling down the gravel driveway. "Hmm," I thought, in that slow motion split second, "I wonder where that came from?" I found out momentarily as I landed with my front forks (and elbows and face) digging into the gravel.

I've found all kinds of stuff like gun parts at the range over the years. I found a scope ring part one time that had me checking my rifles.

Reminds me a little of a non-firearm story from when I was maybe 13 or 14. We had set up a plywood ramp and were jumping our bikes over it. I had pedaled hard and was in the air as I saw a bicycle wheel rolling down the gravel driveway. "Hmm," I thought, in that slow motion split second, "I wonder where that came from?" I found out momentarily as I landed with my front forks (and elbows and face) digging into the gravel.

Been there, lol. ......somehow we all lived thru, now days the worse thing to happen to a kid is get a smartphone burn, or poop soap from tide pods LOL

At one time my friend Dave and I scattered Arrowheads that we made , so the kids at the Rendezvous could go and find 'em ...kinda like a "Easter Egg Hunt"....

On second thought ,that wasn't the best of ideas...I'd hate to see that sight closed down , due to "archaeological" finds...that we made...:eek::D
Andy

Oh, dude, you just gave me some EEEEVIL range prank ideas... scatter a bunch of springs from dead pens and watch the reactions.

Remind my not to invite any of you over when I have a gun project out on the bench or an engine being assembled! Some one did that to my brother, he spent days and a bunch of money to find out the "spair part" wasn't spair when he didn' have spair money for that engine rebuild, it cost him a full gasket set!:(

Remind my not to invite any of you over when I have a gun project out on the bench or an engine being assembled! Some one did that to my brother, he spent days and a bunch of money to find out the "spair part" wasn't spair when he didn' have spair money for that engine rebuild, it cost him a full gasket set!:(
Workbenches are sacred, brother. :)

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top