JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
EXCLUDING Northern Ireland, which is why I stressed 'Mainland'

Legal ownership of regular-looking handguns in Northern Ireland is a simple matter of having the correct set of conditions fulfilled - full membership of a gun club, and the relevant entry on your Firearms Certificate. Northern Ireland has a great history in IPSC shooting, BTW.

It's a different story on the big island - Great Britain [England, Scotland and Wales]. Callum Long-Collins has put this video together to let you know the skinny on handgun ownership of guns that look just like yours do - well, within reason - and NOT like my poor old Ruger Super Redhawk.
1622475711263.png
So here is probably the best explanation so far about how an ordinary Joe like me, a law-abiding citizen who has had a UK firearms certificate since 1968, an ex-soldier and officer, and an erstwhile Crown Expert Witness on firearms-related offences on CCTV and other imagery. Please note that this is how it is - I neither have any input into the law, nor any recourse to getting it changed, that is because it is an Act of Parliament, and the common herd, like me, cannot influence it in any way. So PLEASE don't flame me or call me a sheeple/panty-waist/coward et al. I do NOT subscribe to this method of handgun ownership, so I put up with what I CAN have, and do all my handgun shooting in the USA with guns just like the ones I used to have.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top