JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It's just me folks but all kinds of disease on those floors around the toilet. You let the butt of your gun or any of your gear get drug through that filth and you will touch it until you clean it. Some guy with an STD pees on the floor and your gun drags though that then you position it when you pull up your pants only to rub your nose later with that filth. Ya you wash your hands but you don't wash your gun.

Or just rock a good shoulder holster.

I carried in a SH for years, decades! I still do, mostly for fun, when I want to carry a horse pistol like a Beretta 92 or my 10 shot Sig .45.
About the outer shirt, I used to sometimes button and tuck an outer shirt! I was young and eminently capable of tearing the buttons off in about a millisecond. I was also super alert and prepared to step behind any cover available, walked toward cover too. I think my head was in a bad place back then. Not crazy but aggressive!
Anyhoo, sholder holster, viable option! Don't forget super comfortable too.

Last Edited:
First things first. I'd rather chew tinfoil than cop a squat in any public stall, anywhere. As a kid at summer camp I'd rationalize... It can wait, I'll be home by Tuesday.

But I have taken a seat at home, en route to/from various concealed carry adventures. Holster easily slides off the loose belt and resides in the handy hammock of my drawers. This I suspend off the floor with a little simple leg tension (just so I know how in an actual SHTW emergency). Like Sgt. Nambu mentions, my clothes will NEVER touch the floor in any public "venue." Ever.

I might be a little anal about this (imply the unintended pun only if you must), but I just don't want to end up like the ATF agent in the building where I used to work who left his 9mm in the Casa de Poopoo. It was found by my co-worker - fortunately a former Benton County Sheriff's Deputy with a conscience. Man, I'd still love to see the relevant comment in that agent's next performance eval.

First things first. I'd rather chew tinfoil than cop a squat in any public stall, anywhere. As a kid at summer camp I'd rationalize... It can wait, I'll be home by Tuesday.

But I have taken a seat at home, en route to/from various concealed carry adventures. Holster easily slides off the loose belt and resides in the handy hammock of my drawers. This I suspend off the floor with a little simple leg tension (just so I know how in an actual SHTW emergency). Like Sgt. Nambu mentions, my clothes will NEVER touch the floor in any public "venue." Ever.

I might be a little anal about this (imply the unintended pun only if you must), but I just don't want to end up like the ATF agent in the building where I used to work who left his 9mm in the Casa de Poopoo. It was found by my co-worker - fortunately a former Benton County Sheriff's Deputy with a conscience. Man, I'd still love to see the relevant comment in that agent's next performance eval.
Easy to say but at some age we'll all say "Never trust a Fart" then it's public restroom or public humiliation...

I carried in a SH for years, decades! I still do, mostly for fun, when I want to carry a horse pistol like a Beretta 92 or my 10 shot Sig .45.
About the outer shirt, I used to sometimes button and tuck an outer shirt! I was young and eminently capable of tearing the buttons off in about a millisecond. I was also super alert and prepared to step behind any cover available, walked toward cover too. I think my head was in a bad place back then. Not crazy but aggressive!
Anyhoo, sholder holster, viable option! Don't forget super comfortable too.
SH may be an option for guys, but the girls kind of get in the way for drawing from a shoulder holster. :p

If you do not use a good belt you can run the belt back through the last belt loop basically tying it in a knot.

I would suggest a belt made for carrying and a holster that will retain the firearm in any position. My boots are the only thing that ever touch the floor and my firearm stays in the holster where it belongs.

Problem solved.

gun-left-in-bathroom.jpg

Here's a simple solution for securing your handgun using a OWB holster in a public restroom. Obviously, you start with a good quality gun belt and a good quality holster.
When you have to use the throne in a public restroom, leave your gun in your holster on your belt and tuck the business end in your front pocket...no worries about your gun and holster slipping off your belt. Like I said, a simple solution.

Must be how you are carrying it, G17 and TLR1 in a Raven concealment OWB holster. 5.11 double sided belt, somewhat rigid. I never have had a problem.

I leave it on my belt and just lean it inside my pants, it stays on pants, still in the holster, it can't be forgotten and it isn't visible if someone started looking at the feet from an angle outside the stall.

If a public restroom looks so terrible I might get someone's leftover pee/poo on myself from how dirty it is, that is when I go find another restroom. There are some lows you just don't stoop to. I keep a roll of TP in the car just for emergencies. The world is your toilet lol

As a female, I always have to sit. I make it a point to use the belt buckle to secure the belt so it can't slide out of the loops and drop the whole rig on the floor. I can guarantee the my holster will not fall off the belt, but I learned quickly to hold onto the belt. Using the first belt hole is convenient and always right there for you.
I do the belt buckle thing too. Or with an IWB I sometimes roll the waistband and holster one turn so that the holster and gun are wrapped in the pants. I don't like any solution that involves removing the gun from the holster. If the gun stays on me it won't stay behind.

I have two thumb break on my OWB holsters so unless I pop the thumb break they stay on my belt. I do have a few OWB without thumb breaks but I use these at home mostly. Sometimes in the wintertime I wear a jacket so you cannot see my OWB holsters without the thumb break. If I need to take off my jacket then I will be in a sweat shirt or a sweater that is long enough to covers my OWB holster.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top