JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
In the Army we had these to dunk the whole AR into ! Well three one soapy the second not so soapy and the third was clean water ?

3a%2f%2fwaynesthisandthat.com%2fimages%2fm67+water.jpg

When I traded for my 1899 Winchester Mod 94 a few years ago it was determined by a couple Winchester collectors it had probably never been entirely disassembled and cleaned since new. Maybe 'cursory' cleaning but never a complete teardown. The condition of the screws was the determining factor. They looked new and never touched since sold.

I did not perform a complete tear down until a couple years after owning it as it didn't look too bad inside and so I just gave it a basic cleaning when I got it. It cycled OK so I just kept shooting it.

A complete teardown revealed 'gunk' had built up and hardened to the point it had dried hard in the corners, nooks and crannies inside and required 'scraping' with dental tools to remove it as most of it was clay hard.

Anyway this was an 'extreme' case of a long term, uncleaned gun and luckily there were only a few spots of some surface rust on the internals which polished off easily. After cleaning, lube and reassembly it is 'depressingly' (tongue in cheek) vastly smoother than my other two Winchesters, and any other original Winchesters I have owned or cycled.

Don't make patches out of that old black shirt as I did.
I use black rags all the time, keeps me happy and assured that my guns are clean (look - didn't change color!).

All the gun ones are garbage. You want a good ultrasonic cleaner, look at the industry ones.
So true.
That's it. 24 years owning guns and I've not had one fail due to being dirty yet.
24 boxes of ammo later.... :D:rolleyes:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top