JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
1663701502101.png

"If you look close at that ammo by the way they are green-tipped, that means they have a steel core. The ATF pulled these off the shelves, they are trying to outlaw them,"
said Sheriff Bill Waybourn Tarrant County, Texas.

Oh, and this is also why CHL holders should be allowed to carry at High School football games.

You have to actually hit something with it, and there are no sights on the gun. Demonizing the gun or the ammo is not typical of a Sherriff but I guess it takes all kinds.

Between the no sights, anti-walk roll pins and some weird looking aftermarket bolt release, I'm going to guess it was stolen.

Also, about any rifle round will penetrate steel, genius.

Last Edited:
I could not get the picture to expand on my phone. I couldn't see if there was a brace attached. Also, most center fire rifle ammo goes through most metals in general use. The dreaded green tip once again being over hyped.

I'm happy these degenerates were caught. I could guess what their issues for shooting was but that's their father's job. If they are actually prosecuted, no criminal record and all, the defense will be anything but their own fault 🙄. My problem here is intent to harm innocent people.

"If you look close at that ammo by the way they are green-tipped, that means they have a steel core. The ATF pulled these off the shelves, they are trying to outlaw them," said Sheriff Waybourn.

Nice of the sheriff to announce himself as "not a gun guy." Apparently, he does not keep up on developments in the guns and ammo arena as well.

Alas, 'tis disappointing -- though expected these days -- every time the head of a department adds editorial comments during press conferences that serve only to sensationalize an event while doing exactly zero to provide constructive information.

View attachment 1279405

"If you look close at that ammo by the way they are green-tipped, that means they have a steel core. The ATF pulled these off the shelves, they are trying to outlaw them," said Sheriff Bill Waybourn Tarrant County, Texas.

Oh, and this is also why CHL holders should be allowed to carry at High School football games.
Concealed is concealed.

Perhaps that particular sheriff should look at the actual ammo construction... M855, the 62gr green tip, AKA SS109 from FN... is actually not steel cored unlike the M855A1 and other steel cored or tungsten cored M955 blacktips
Click to enlarge. From Firearm Blog

GreenM85541215-002_zpscvot6dyb.jpg

"If you look close at that ammo by the way they are green-tipped, that means they have a steel core. The ATF pulled these off the shelves, they are trying to outlaw them," said Sheriff Waybourn.

Nice of the sheriff to announce himself as "not a gun guy." Apparently, he does not keep up on developments in the guns and ammo arena as well.

Alas, 'tis disappointing -- though expected these days -- every time the head of a department adds editorial comments during press conferences that serve only to sensationalize an event while doing exactly zero to provide constructive information.
I remember 0bama tried to outlaw them but failed. I'm not aware of any agency pulling them from shelves, ever.

I remember 0bama tried to outlaw them but failed. I'm not aware of any agency pulling them from shelves, ever.
It was the M855A1s that they tried to outlaw. These had the mild steel tips but weren't actually armor piercing. Why the military did not just give these ammo a whole new designation, I don't know. They are different from the older 62gr M855/SS109 rounds that have been around since the 70s.

It was the M855A1s that they tried to outlaw. These had the mild steel tips but weren't actually armor piercing.
All I know is folks used to buy M855 cheap for plinking because it shot a little tighter past 100 yards than M193. 62 gr vs 55 gr if I recall correctly. It was 3 or 4 cents cheaper than regular .223 which, before the panic, I think I bought the last few cases for 18 cents per round.

All I know is folks used to buy M855 cheap for plinking because it shot a little tighter past 100 yards than M193. 62 gr vs 55 gr if I recall correctly. It was 3 or 4 cents cheaper than regular .223 which, before the panic, I think I bought the last few cases for 18 cents per round.
Yeah, I have some of those 62gr SS109s/M855s too, and a lot of 55gr M193s. The M193s came from either Federal or Winchester. The green tips mostly came from PMC I think.

0149C0BE-42C8-4C16-A40E-F506D37FBD23.jpeg

"Let's go Brandon" Gipson on the left, with his sweaty necks folds…. and the other dope "Eyesack" Cooper on the right who looks like Sideshow Bob from The Simpsons….

:rolleyes:

On a good note, they're both 18 so no pat on the arse in juvie court for them….. it'll be a poundin' IN the arse at the State pen.

Say, "ahhhh"! :s0066:

I bought a few 420 round cases of Federal M855, Denex SS109, PMC X-Tac M855, and some 62gr Green Tips from IMI as well when Obama wanted to ban these rounds. The Denex SS109 rounds which were made in Denmark are not painted green either. I have shot green tip when I took an AR class back in 2018.

Boy, I bet the Dems are pissed off that they didn't shoot a bunch of people, you know, they can never let a good tragedy go to waste …
Sounds like an excuse to ban more ammo….

View attachment 1279405

"If you look close at that ammo by the way they are green-tipped, that means they have a steel core. The ATF pulled these off the shelves, they are trying to outlaw them," said Sheriff Bill Waybourn Tarrant County, Texas.

Texas is an interesting state. They have the freedom most Americans dream of! Did you know Texas has its own suppressor law that they can manufacture suppressors in the state of Texas and as long as it stays in Texas you do not have to pay the tax stamp or notify the ATF.

Texas is an interesting state. They have the freedom most Americans dream of! Did you know Texas has its own suppressor law that they can manufacture suppressors in the state of Texas and as long as it stays in Texas you do not have to pay the tax stamp or notify the ATF.
I think Kansas had something similar but some body was still convicted. Have to look it up. Where ever it was, like drugs, still federally illegal if they want to push it. Same with other conflicts. Depends on who controls the white house.

I think Kansas had something similar but some body was still convicted. Have to look it up. Where ever it was, like drugs, still federally illegal if they want to push it. Same with other conflicts. Depends on who controls the white house.
If a case like that makes it to the Supreme Court, it will be an opportunity for them to smack down gross abuse and possible unconstitutionality of the Interstate Commerce Clause.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top