JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Seriously considering an ultrasonic cleaner…and wishing a gun company would come out with one that's long enough to fit a barrel but still short so as to be cheaper.

I do use the ultra-sonic works well with the Mk series Rugers and all that pesky carbon from shooting suppressed. It also makes cleaning the suppressor a breeze plus it makes it smell great . I just fill it with this from the dollar store the apple smells good as well . main-qimg-bc285b2e41238e8dce40c55c7a38f852.png

Last Edited:
Seriously considering an ultrasonic cleaner…and wishing a gun company would come out with one that's long enough to fit a barrel but still short so as to be cheaper.
All the gun ones are garbage. You want a good ultrasonic cleaner, look at the industry ones.

I do. I love the smell of Hoppes in the morning. It smells like... my garage.
I don't even go that far. WD-40 and a quick patch or two. That's it. 24 years owning guns and I've not had one fail due to being dirty yet.

More I think about it, I've had so few failures in general that I can't even remember any at the moment. A random FTF and a couple FTEs of course but it's been a while. .22lr notwithstanding.

All the gun ones are garbage. You want a good ultrasonic cleaner, look at the industry ones.

Yea, read that across forums and reviews. Problem is, I can't seem to find a unit that fits the dimensions that I want. They seem to get larger in both width and depth at the same time...so by the time you get 24" long, you're looking at a floor unit for $$$. Perfect size for a hobbyist gun owner, IMO, would be wide enough to handle a barrel but only have enough length and depth to do 2 AR's worth of parts at a time...and sell for less than a grand.

Hey, maybe there's a market opportunity here.

Sharing my lived experience and you're literally doing harm to me with your posts! :D

But really I think I've only had one 'fail' due to not cleaning. A revolver cylinder so gunked up (reloads) it wouldn't spin.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top