JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
No... A person should have trained for all likely outside encounters before carrying...

7 P's - Prior, Proper, Planning, Prevents, Piss, Poor, Performance...

:eek::D:confused: Just saying...

I draw my weapon, IWB, and hang it on the coat hook of a public restroom before sitting. I'm finicky about letting my clothing be pulled down to the nasty floor by the weight of my filled holster! As I do my business I hum a mantra, "My pistol's on the door!" "My pistols on the door!" "Hi ho a poo we go, my pistols on the door!"

Last Edited:
I draw my weapon, IWB, and hang it on the coat hook of a public restroom before sitting. I'm finicky about letting my clothing be pulled down to the nasty floor by the weight of my filled holster! As I do my business I hum a mantra, "my pistol's on the door!" "My pistols on the door!" "Hi ho a poo we go, my pistols on the door!"

Pants on the ground, pants on the ground...looking like a fool with yer pants on the ground.
download.jpg

I've never used one. So are you always wearing a coat or overshirt?
Everybody will have their own opinion on what holster/configuration works best. It's subjective to the individual.
For IWB, I use a Versacarry. I use it for my compact and full size 45's. My shoulder holster is what was issued to me back in the day for my 1911. When I wear it, it's usually jeans/t-shirt/shoulder holster/over shirt with a couple of buttons done. In warm weather it's usually just the IWB.

Shoulder holsters.jpg

Yeah, how do you expect to do rolls without a thumb break?

Rolls? Not certain if your being sarcastic.

Tried to edit my post but didnt in time, im not certain if the OP is referring to the gun falling out of the holster or the whole holster and gun sliding off the belt....
?

I'm not being sarcastic if you think you are Spetznaz...
I also like thumb breaks on leather holsters.

I think they are referring to the holster sliding off the belt tho.

I'm not being sarcastic if you think you are Spetznaz...
I also like thumb breaks on leather holsters.

I think they are referring to the holster sliding off the belt tho.

Yeah, i think so too now...

If your taken to the ground the only way you can prevent your gun falling out is with a thumb break.

Most open top holsters dont have enough retention to properly hold the gun if the holster is upside down (like if it flips over when loosening your belt when using the toilet) and thats a bad open top holster and should be thrown out.

Last Edited:
As a female, I always have to sit. I make it a point to use the belt buckle to secure the belt so it can't slide out of the loops and drop the whole rig on the floor. I can guarantee the my holster will not fall off the belt, but I learned quickly to hold onto the belt. Using the first belt hole is convenient and always right there for you.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top