JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Someone on our site put up a thread about how his storage unit was robbed of alot of guns.
He put up a partial list.
I don't remember who,, maybe 1.5, 2 months ago.
I wouldn't want my firearms in a remote storage unit - I've had a lot of antiques stolen from storage
I want to wake up in the middle of the night and be able to see and touch my firearm

I have a safe in the Barn, but it weighs 1500 lbs and is monitored by motion sensors

I once thought the weight alone was enough, but my son and I moved a 72 Dodge van with flat tires, sunk in the dirt, that weighs 4000 lbs, with ropes and pullies last week

only 11 states require this, Oregon and Washington are not among them

unless some new law has been passed since this article came out
Can't speak to Oregon, but 'pears you missed all the discussion about Washington's I-1639. IF a WA gun-owner does not report a stolen firearm within 5 days (of the time the owner should have known about the theft), the owner can be held liable for the firearm's misuse. Also, the "safe storage" provision provides that a gun-owner can be charged with a gross misdemeanor or even a felony if his/her firearm is accessed and misused by some else...

Can't speak to Oregon, but 'pears you missed all the discussion about Washington's I-1639. IF a WA gun-owner does not report a stolen firearm within 5 days (of the time the owner should have known about the theft), the owner can be held liable for the firearm's misuse. Also, the "safe storage" provision provides that a gun-owner can be charged with a gross misdemeanor or even a felony if his/her firearm is accessed and misused by some else...
yup, that's news to me -

but you state if " his/her firearm is accessed"

there is a possibility that most of mine were acquired back in the day and there is NO paperwork proving who they belong to - it wasn't required back then

I'll read I-1639 - does it require I go down and register all the firearms I've acquired over the last 55 years? I don't think so

I think by Washington state records, my wife owns a revolver and I own a Mossberg Shockwave - nothing more

how many others in rural areas are in the same situation - if a firearm or collection of such is handed down for generations, there is no paperwork or proof of ownership

I just contacted a friend in Utah, they can sell firearms out of their trunk with no paperwork

Of course they have to spread them all out and take pictures so the press can get some good "on narrative evidence" and do their anti-gun magic in the slanted anti-gun propaganda media machine...

I liked the headlines that were on my facebook feed from the local tv station, 350 illegal guns, thousands of rounds of ammo and HIGH CAP mags, oh my. In the comment section I pointed out the guns I could see were all perfectly legal, that ammunition and high cap mags are also legal. The media evidently doesn't understand that some people are prohibited from owning guns, that doesn't make firearms illegal. I also liked the quote from the sheriff or under sheriff, that these illegal guns are contributing to the epidemic of gun violence.

What part of the investigation involved wrapping the belts around the barrel shroud of the Browning? Excellent production. Maybe moonlighting for tic-tok.

"We are seeing an epidemic of guns and drugs on the streets, including residential neighborhoods, of Multnomah County that we have not seen in recent memory," Sgt. Matt Ferguson, a member of the sheriff's office's Dangerous Drug Team, said in a statement.

Well I wonder what could have happened in the last decade or so that could have lead to this???? That one must really have them stumped. Damn, if only we could figure out why this is getting so bad. We must need a new law, that will fix it.

Maybe I'm blind, but where are the deadly assault rifles?
57AD4C2D-DD5B-41FE-B6FB-F31CC267088C.jpeg

I'm confused.

It is legal to buy and own guns.

AND….

They made it legal to buy and own drugs in Multinomah County.

So, where is the problem?

So guns, (legal), ammunition (legal), hi/standard capacity magazines (legal), drugs (aren't those legal now too thank to the people who don't like guns)? Okay, two (depending on the accuracy of the reporting) NFA firearms (unknown status). I'm guessing they could "raid" houses of many on this forum (who will never commit a crime with any of their firearms) and find larger caches. Now about the horrible reporting...

Why?

Oh, likely because they were felon drug dealers. Just an educated guess. Don't know because there is no mention of the "why." Just another article to make it looks like guns are bad, not bad people who are using, selling drugs and unlawfully possessing and selling guns. Again, just a guess.

So Catalina Gaitan (article author) here is a suggestion for your next piece, be a journalist. Retyping a press release is the job for a 7th grader. If your publication won't let you, suggest getting your career to a point where you can go somewhere that lets you be a journalist.

rant /off. Sorry, just beyond sick of this type of propaganda. Won't give it the dignity of calling it an article. Sorry, rant key slipped back on.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews