JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Dave Workman has come to the attention of virulent anti-gun rights and Joyce Foundation lackey Josh Sugarmann, head of the "Violence Policy Center" (VPC), a tiny but annoying anti-gun rights lobbying group.

Another day, another mass shooting committed by a private citizen legally allowed to carry a concealed, loaded handgun in public.

This time it was 40-year-old Ian Stawicki, who entered a Seattle cafe on Wednesday and opened fire, killing four people. He then left Cafe Racer, killing another person during a carjacking before taking his own life.

The pro-gun reaction to this most recent slaughter by a concealed handgun permit holder? That's life.

As pro-gun advocate Dave Workman, a loyal foot soldier in the pro-gun publishing and lobbying empire of convicted felon Alan Gottlieb explained to local NPR affiliate KUOW:

"I don't know that there's anything you can do in these situations. We can't treat him like a child, he's got his own life to live and he can make his own mistakes no matter how horrific those mistakes turn out to be."

Josh Sugarmann: Seattle Mass Shooting Latest by a Concealed Handgun Permit Holder

Sugarmann is an agenda-driven tool; probably thumped himself in the face while limp-wristing his father's .357 and - after his family was done laughing at him - vowed to have firearms banned from everyone after that.

^That last sentence is probably wrong, but it's not much different than the content of his article. "This is my opinion, so prove me wrong!"

The comments on the piece are worth the read.

Ok, ok, I know it's Wikipedia but I found this funny (even if it isn't true....and if it is, we should all contact Josh and ask him to do firearm transfers for us.)

Josh Sugarmann - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In spite of his anti-gun activism, Josh Sugarmann is a licensed firearm dealer and current holder of a Federal Firearms License (License Number: 1-54-XXX-XX-XX-00725; Expires: 03/01/2014) which is registered at the Violence Policy Center headquarters in Washington D.C.[1] (cf. ATF's FFLeZCheck web site).

Well, if you pay enough attention to his Wikipedia page, you'll also see that the term "assaulut weapon" is from the Nazi's. the NAZI's! How could they not be evil? It's funny that, when d-bags like this bring up school shootings, they fail to thank god that guns were used. Has anyone heard of the Bath School Disaster in Michigan in 1927? If you have. or if you look into it, you will see that when sick folk put down their guns and pick up explosives it gets alot nastier and ALOT more people die. Harris and Kliebold got 13, I believe. Kinkle killed 4 and even Huberty only got 21 in the McDonalds while they sat there, being shot systematically. And thank God for the gun that killed Huberty. The point is, all of this blame on the gun. When explosives, airplanes and cars are used as vicious tools of murder. Do any of you other rational folk ever get hit with the argument, "I have to register my car, why shouldn't you register your gun?"? Once there is constitutional protection of your right to own and bear automotive's, that argument will hold water.

It's important to remember that gun ownership is rising and it is one of the few markets that have serious growth(Has anyone paid attention to Ruger stock over the last 3 years?). The "gun-grabbers" can cry all they want. They won't get my guns and my boy is well on his way to being a proud, gun toting American voter(we have another 10 years before he votes, but the proud, gun toting American part is already there). We need to teach our young right and wrong and pass on our tradition's and our freedom's.

Keep up the good work, Dave! My only request is that you don't write articles about guns that have been out for quite some time(in reference to your Springfield EMP article in a recent Gun Digest) and give us new info. Kip.

"Because most states don't release detailed information on crimes committed by concealed handgun permit holders, the incidents listed above are from news reports. The actual number of lethal non-self defense incidents involving private citizens legally allowed to carry concealed handguns is most likely far, far higher."

And yet, according to concealed carry advocate Dave Workman, concealed handgun permit holder and mass shooter Ian Stawicki had "his own life to live." What about his victims and their families?

"Because most states don't release detailed information on crimes committed by concealed handgun permit holders, the incidents listed above are from news reports. The actual number of lethal non-self defense incidents involving private citizens legally allowed to carry concealed handguns is most likely far, far higher."

And yet, according to concealed carry advocate Dave Workman, concealed handgun permit holder and mass shooter Ian Stawicki had "his own life to live." What about his victims and their families?
Generally speaking, taking a single sentence from an interview totally out of context is not going to give you an accurate picture of what was really said. Here is the whole thing.

<broken link removed>

Amy Radil
KUOW News
05/31/2012​

Wednesday afternoon, as shootings unfolded in two locations in Seattle, a panel at the Republican party convention in Tacoma addressed "Defending the Second Amendment," the right to bear arms. It seems that Seattle officials and gun rights supporters will be facing off in Olympia next year on the issue of gun violence.

TRANSCRIPT

Seattle Police have recovered two semiautomatic handguns that they believe were used by Ian Stawicki in the shooting deaths of five people Wednesday. Stawicki later shot himself as police closed in.

Stawicki also had a permit to carry a concealed weapon. While Stawicki's family members say he was mentally ill, mental illness only precludes gun ownership if the person has been civilly committed for 14 days or more. Stawicki had had some brushes with the law but no criminal convictions that also would have ruled out a legal gun purchase.

Seattle officials say recent shootings have given them renewed interest in seeking tighter gun regulations. To do that, Seattle Mayor Mike McGinn says they need to get rid of the state "preemption" law.

McGinn: "We do believe that state law should be changed and we should have the authority to have our own regulations."

Regulations that would let Seattle restrict access to guns. Seattle's recent attempt to ban guns in public parks was ruled invalid by the courts.

Dave Workman is an editor at GunMag.com, at the Bellevue&#8211;based Second Amendment Foundation. He disagrees with McGinn. Workman says having a uniform state law makes sense.

Workman: "Quite frankly the only beef that seems to be made anymore about that comes from the city of Seattle. They want to set themselves up as a city&#8211;state over there where citizens living in the rest of Washington state driving through Seattle might find themselves facing a whole different set of rules."

Workman says his heart goes out to the families of the victims, but he doesn't think Stawicki's actions could have been prevented.

Workman: "I don't know that there's anything you can do in these situations. We can't treat him like a child, he's got his own life to live and he can make his own mistakes no matter how horrific those mistakes turn out to be."

But Washington Ceasefire says changing gun laws can make a difference. Ralph Fascitelli is the board president.

Fascitelli: "Too often we see all this energy and angst and then the cycle blows over and the politicians sit on their hands and do nothing. Now we don't fault the politicians in Seattle because they don't have the power."

Fascitelli says it's the governor and state legislators who do have the power to change state law and to close the "gun show loophole."

Fascitelli: "So at these gun shows there are federally licensed regular dealers and they follow the protocol. And then there's these so&#8211;called private sellers that can sell whatever they want."

In Washington state those private sellers don't have to perform background checks. Seattle officials say they'll lobby to change that at the state Legislature.

There is one point of harmony between the Second Amendment Foundation and Washington Ceasefire. Both groups dismiss Seattle officials' proposal to create a safe drop&#8211;off site for firearms. Workman says this would allow criminals to dispose of their guns. Ceasefire's Fascitelli says the drop&#8211;off would be symbolic and yield few results.

I'm Amy Radil, KUOW News.

What I don't understand is that these people believe guns actually DRIVE people to murder. Like you are sitting there, your gun tells you to kill, so you go outside and start shooting people. Once you decide you are going to go on a murder spree, having a gun or not is not going to be the deciding factor. Like, "Yep, I'm crazy, I should kill people...damn no gun, well I guess I'll just go watch the Simpsons."

I also feel just because they don't have a gun or legally able to posses a gun is not going to stop someone from killing someone. They will go and steal or otherwise illegally get access to what they want for their own "plan of action". If the courts and justice system did a good job and held people accountable for their actions someone along the way may think twice about killing someone. Or maybe the death penalty needs to be enacted for multiple murders.

Dave, watch your arse out there... the hot new dirty trick for Violent Radical Leftists (by which I mean the Brett Kimberlin/Bill Ayers wing, not all liberals) is something called "SWATting"... finding an opponent's personal info, spoofing their phone number on a VOIP call to their local 911 and claiming something to get the SWAT team deployed in Shoot First Question Later mode.

I also feel just because they don't have a gun or legally able to posses a gun is not going to stop someone from killing someone. They will go and steal or otherwise illegally get access to what they want for their own "plan of action". If the courts and justice system did a good job and held people accountable for their actions someone along the way may think twice about killing someone. Or maybe the death penalty needs to be enacted for multiple murders.

Yep anytime I find someone who likes to commit multiple murders I always like to threaten him with the death penalty, really shakes him up something fierce

I guess I'm just a masochist

Before blaming loose gun laws for Seattle, check Toronto

Canada has far more strict gun laws than just about anywhere in the United States, yet Saturday night in Toronto — where there are no concealed carry provisions and handgun ownership is highly regulated — there was a shooting in a shopping mall leaving one person dead and several others wounded.

<broken link removed>

Thank you, fd15k, for pointing out my error. I would also like to point out that my point was the attempt to liken gun owners to Nazi's. The term "assault weapon" is credited to Mr. Sugarmann. This coined term is derived from the Nazi "assault rifle" in an attempt to liken us to Nazi's, further vilifying firearms in general. Your semantics(while correct, no argument there) stray from the point. Kip.

District of Columbia FFL gun dealers directory of shops
FFL license holders in District of Columbia

List by zip code
Search within these results:
<< < [1] > >> Results 1 - 9 of 9
Shakespeare Theatre Inc
450 7th St Nw
Washington, DC 20004
K S Supply Co
Heng, Harry Fook Suan
2800 Woodley Rd Nw #317
Washington, DC 20008R