JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Cant offer proof,

But if you are one of the people who get delayed on a purchase. If you dont buy a gun every 5 years, you have to go though the whole process again.

I had a guy who in the late 70's committed a crime, court appointed lawyer advised him to plead guilty. Before he was sentenced, the law was repealed. So he technically never broke the law, as it isn't a law. He got delayed for the full time allowed. He went through the same thing 6 1/2 years ago. The state police had no record of him buying a gun 6+ years ago. So they had to investigate the whole matter again. If he buys a gun from me tomorrow he would be approved in minutes.

Definitely not proof, but an example of at least not everyone still has access to the files.

I think the whole BG check thing is bogus. If I'm a criminal I'm just going to buy FTF or steal a gun. I'm sure not walking into a dealer's store.

I buy about 1/2 my guns from dealers and I'm approved in minutes. What good did that do?

It's hard to say if the records are actually purged or not. I'm sure that there is a federal databank somewhere holding every gun purchase since the stone age "secure" against hackers, terrorists, and other threats to Homeland Security blah blah blah.
It's all just a big freakin' joke! I'm going to get on the soap box for a quick second and just say that we've let our government have too much freedom with our personal and private information. And keep in mind that they're data mining sites like Facebook, Myspace, and have easy access to whatever information we so freely and blindly provide.
Sure the OSP may purge records in order to save hard drive space, but it's already too late I'm quite positive. Satellites have linked up in outer space to beam our info direct to Mr. B.O.'s desk, so that he can enforce strict policies not to let the bad guys get guns. I guess he's creating jobs for the BATFE... more cushy fed jobs with paid holidays, our tax dollars funding salaries of folks that can't give you an honest or correct answer to any questions regarding FFLs, records, and more.
/end soap box rant

<broken link removed>

OREGON: State Police to Hold Meeting to Assess Background Check Fees The Oregon State Police (OSP) will be holding a series of regional meetings to review fees charged for services provided by the agency's Identification Services Section, which include background checks on firearm purchasers within the state. In many states, the FBI conducts background checks on gun buyers through the National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS) at no charge and, by law, they may not maintain data on lawful purchasers. In Oregon, the law mandates that the buyer must pay $10 for this service, and the OSP maintains records on individuals cleared for purchases. NRA-ILA strongly opposes any fee hike, as well as the continued registration of legal firearm purchasers. NRA members are encouraged to attend the nearest meeting and voice their objections to increasing the gun tax on lawful gun buyers. (Because this is a widespread review of all OSP services, fingerprint processing of Concealed Handgun License applicants may also be examined.) Please click on the following link for information about meeting dates, times and locations: <broken link removed>

IMHO, the purpose of the Firearms Background Checks was to create another Government bureaucracy.
Government is full of wasteful programs which are only designed to take our money away from us. The Vehicle Emissions Check program in Portland and Medford are another example of Government Fraud.
Another of my pet peeves is the way that there are always parts of the I-5 Freeway being rebuilt. I have been traveling over it since day one and there has never been a time when the freeway was not torn up somewhere. They will build a new bridge and a few years later tear it down and replace it.
All of the above amounts to JOB SECURITY for a bunch of unproductive government drones (and there are lots more drones sapping our productivity). In a beehive, the workers toss out the drones when times get tough but we Americans allow the drones to run the hive! The drones get richer and we get poorer! And there are a lot more Federal, State, County, City and School bleeding our productivity for their personal wealth.
I hope I didn't hijack your thread! If, so, I apologize!
Just, DON'T get me started on these bureauRATS!!

They will continue to find minority groups such as smokers and gun buyers and then find ways to increase taxes on them. This is a tax.

There is no end to it unless we change governments at the polls.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top