JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
"The acting director of the California Department of Water Resources, Bill Croyle, said he was "not familiar with 2005 documentation or conversation" about spillway concerns."

As usual the people in charge know nothing about what they are supposed to be in charge of. And meanwhile Rome burns or floods in this case..

Jerry "moonbeam" Brown (a.k.a 'Nero the Hero'). ;) :p

"The acting director of the California Department of Water Resources, Bill Croyle, said he was "not familiar with 2005 documentation or conversation" about spillway concerns."

As usual the people in charge know nothing about what they are supposed to be in charge of. And meanwhile Rome burns or floods in this case..

"Not familiar", "I do not recall", "I am not aware".... it all leads to "at this point what difference does it make?!"

Once again the media spins the failure of the people in charge to act responsibly, or to simply "do their job", into a "catastrophic failure" of the piece of equipment we have spent countless dollars paying them to maintain...............I wish I could say it is unbelievable but the people in New Orleans are still living in the mess their "betters" left them..........?

And now in their eminent wisdom they've recalled the evacuation warnings?!?
Would you return right now with your loved ones, givin the condition of the dam as it stands now considering the pending storms due all this week?
Me, I'd keep most of 'em parked in BOL, but while the weather's good go back with a handful of AB's to do more Grab-and-Go of the family's valuables and effects--get what we can safely and get back out, one vehicle-load at a time but ready to drop everything and rabbit at a moment's notice if needed.

Hell, if I were buying in that area I wouldn't even bother with a real house, just an RV with utility hookups. Trouble comes, start engine and ROLL.

Last Edited:
hehe. This is not a real screenshot, but still funny:

View attachment 342853
Yea, Jerry Brownnis looking for federal funds to fix this damn issue, funny they decided to kick the can down the road for the last ten years and now want all of us to pay for it...

Trumps response should be "Sure Jerry, we'll be happy to fund fixing your damn problem, just as soon as you restore your residents Constitutional Rights"

The emergency spillway has never been used since the dam was constructed. I can't find an exact link to anything stating that but everything I have read about it (and not saved the link) stated that about the emergency spillway.
Yes your right I had heard they used it 1 time before but now they say it has never been used in the 50 or so years sense they built the dam

All the Californians talking about succeeding from the union should be paying careful attention. Even with federal funds they still can take care of themselves.

Man I don't know if I would go back quite yet. Maybe just to pick up some more clothes/preps and get outta there. Wait it out till after the storms.
I just don't trust these California politicians as far as I can throw them... and well I'm not a poop flinging primate.

I too would only stay long enough to grab what I forgot the first time I left my home in a hurry.
And, I don't trust ANY POLITICIANS!!!

I too would only stay long enough to grab what I forgot the first time I left my home in a hurry.
And, I don't trust ANY POLITICIANS!!!

Haha. Thanks for fixing it for me caveman. I didn't think my statement thru before posting it. I guess Washington and California politicians equate to "different toilet, same sh!t".
Some just stink more than the others.

Haha. Thanks for fixing it for me caveman. I didn't think my statement thru before posting it. I guess Washington and California politicians equate to "different toilet, same sh!t".
Some just stink more than the others.

EXACTLY. To bad a lot of those bubblegumers moved north to release their anti-gun, anti-common sense, sanctuary city nonsense & anti-constitutional agendas.:mad::mad::mad:

I don't see Hillary rushing in to help the little people in their time of need.
All those campaign promises.
Yes where is the Clinton foundation with all that money that was there to help people lol OH yea they used some of it but Chelsea a house and pay for a wedding and I bet Chelsea's kid has a huge trust fund

Me, I'd keep most of 'em parked in BOL, but while the weather's good go back with a handful of AB's to do more Grab-and-Go of the family's valuables and effects--get what we can safely and get back out, one vehicle-load at a time but ready to drop everything and rabbit at a moment's notice if needed.

Hell, if I were buying in that area I wouldn't even bother with a real house, just an RV with utility hookups. Trouble comes, start engine and ROLL.

This is me & the wife when she retires!!! Build a big shop, build an apartment type living quarters w/bathroom & heavily insulate it.Have the RV ready at a moments notice to get the HEII out in an emergency.

I use to kid my little sister for living in an RV trailer and not buying a house like I did.
She and her husband are now parked somewhere in New Mexico all dry and warm and not paying county taxes that go up annually, but do a lot less for me and my neighbors.
When the weather turns warm again, she'll be back up to the the NW all tanned and smiling.

Surprising we put so much trust/reliance on the government to maintain our infrastructure, etc. Whether on the county, state or federal level, incompetence and flat out ignoring of problems seems to be common. Seems many government agencies would rather spend the $$ available on pet projects such as big art installations, rather than keep their constituents safe.

A few that come to mind, outside of this Oroville Dam issue:

* 2007 Collapse of the I-35 bridge in Minneapolis
* 2015 EPA release of toxic pollutants into waterways that affected Colorado, New Mexico, Utah and the Navajo Nation - EPA admitted they were at fault but claimed immunity from paying any damages
* 2014 - current Flint Michigan water crisis - lead poisoning - still not resolved
* 2013 I-5 bridge collapse near Mt Vernon, WA

Our infrastructure is failing at a rapid pace and it seems little is being done to prevent it. I know a guy that works for Clackamas County, part of the bridge crews that maintain the bridges all over the county. He has confided in me that they are in a generally sorry state of repair and all they are doing is minimal patching of bigger issues.

What bugs me the most is any time the politicians are pressed on these issues, they always cite lack of funds, yet their pet projects seem to be overflowing with all the money they need.

I use to kid my little sister for living in an RV trailer and not buying a house like I did.
She and her husband are now parked somewhere in New Mexico all dry and warm and not paying county taxes that go up annually, but do a lot less for me and my neighbors.
When the weather turns warm again, she'll be back up to the the NW all tanned and smiling.
My neighbors have house in AZ and WA and every year they leave AZ and take there small trailer and travel two or three weeks or more and take the long way or what ever and end up in ANACORTES WA for the summer for 3 or 4 months then they leave and take another few weeks driving a different route but end up in AZ for the winter LOL MUST BE NICE

Surprising we put so much trust/reliance on the government to maintain our infrastructure, etc. Whether on the county, state or federal level, incompetence and flat out ignoring of problems seems to be common. Seems many government agencies would rather spend the $$ available on pet projects such as big art installations, rather than keep their constituents safe.

A few that come to mind, outside of this Oroville Dam issue:

* 2007 Collapse of the I-35 bridge in Minneapolis
* 2015 EPA release of toxic pollutants into waterways that affected Colorado, New Mexico, Utah and the Navajo Nation - EPA admitted they were at fault but claimed immunity from paying any damages
* 2014 - current Flint Michigan water crisis - lead poisoning - still not resolved
* 2013 I-5 bridge collapse near Mt Vernon, WA

Our infrastructure is failing at a rapid pace and it seems little is being done to prevent it. I know a guy that works for Clackamas County, part of the bridge crews that maintain the bridges all over the county. He has confided in me that they are in a generally sorry state of repair and all they are doing is minimal patching of bigger issues.

What bugs me the most is any time the politicians are pressed on these issues, they always cite lack of funds, yet their pet projects seem to be overflowing with all the money they need.
This is true then there is snoqumie pass I90 here in WA it's not a disaster but they have been working on this part of I90 for as long as I can remember and have only made it worse every winter there are avalanche that close the road for day 's at a time this year has been very bad so far they been lucky that nobody has been killed in the snow mess they have created

I got another comment lol I just remembered this I didn't think bout it because I been doing it for so long that I didn't think to say it earlier but my uncle told me year's ago never let you car or truck get below half a tank so if something like this happens you can just go and are not fighting a line of people at a gas stations and not only that if it is a Power out situation the gas pumps won't work any way

The Carter years were a joy.
Gas rationing didn't bring out the best in people.

th?id=OIP.63w5pPC9aKsM_YnBlVTx_QEsDr&pid=15.1&P=0&w=214&h=168.jpg

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads