JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
C4gyazdVYAAglNM.jpg

:eek::eek: That is crazy!!! From what I read it is the back up spillway due to the fact the main one is damaged and can't be used. Why in god's name wouldn't you make sure the back up spill way is in working order. o_O

Looking at the picture with all the cars lined up trying to get out with a relatively small poulation. Makes me think if we had any situation here in Portland area, where evacuation was necessary, nobody is going anywhere.

Last Edited:
Looking at the picture with all the cars lined up trying to get out with a relatively small poulation. Makes me think if we had any situation here in Portland area, where evacuation was necessary nobody is going anywhere.

Are you kidding? 2" of ice immobilized Portland ..... 30 cars crash on icy I-5 in Portland ............ no one is going anywhere in a real emergency. Better figure out how to survive where you are.

The tallest dam in the US. Built in 1957. The main spill way has already failed and cut away massive chunk of hillside below the main dam, the emergency spillway is causing liquefaction of the hill to the west of the main spillway. This thing might go at some point tonight.

:eek::eek: That is crazy!!! From what I read it is the back up spillway due to the fact the main one is damaged and can't be used. Why in god's name wouldn't you make sure the back up spill way is in working order. o_O
From what I heard they have not used the back up spill way in over 20 or more years

Are you kidding? 2" of ice immobilized Portland ..... 30 cars crash on icy I-5 in Portland ............ no one is going anywhere in a real emergency. Better figure out how to survive where you are.
Staying where you are is not a option in this case because you're house might be under 30 feet of water depends on how close you are to the dam so drive as far as you can to the top of the closest mountains and set up camp lol

Last Edited:
Live news feed: <broken link removed>
Once the sun comes up, should see the National Guard start to shore up the espillway via helicopter. They only have a few days to get repairs completed. More rain and snow melt is on the way.

About half way down the spillway a sink hole formed and tore the entire hillside from their down away into the river below. The spillway is not repairable with over 130,000 a hr rushing down it.
From what I read and heard the emergency spill way has never been used.
Fact is someone messed up big because they have had more water coming in then going out for months, they should have been releasing much more water then they were, but its drought stricken Cali so people were trying to maintain more water in the reservoir. Everything from Oroville down to Gridley along the river is in danger.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews