JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Is it a common thing for folks to just toss their Christmas tree off the side of the freeways here?

I feel like I'm missing something?

Is this some sort of tradition here?

In the 8 years I've lived here, I've seen it every single year.

I don't get it.

Is it an Oregonian past time to drive around at night and just toss your Christmas tree off the back of your truck?

:s0137:

Is it a common thing for folks to just toss their Christmas tree off the side of the freeways here?

I feel like I'm missing something?

Is this some sort of tradition here?

In the 8 years I've lived here, I've seen it every single year.

I don't get it.

Is it an Oregonian past time to drive around at night and just toss your Christmas tree off the back of your truck?

:s0137:
Sadly this is one place where OR does not have this to themselves. Most places now to legally dump its either pricey or a good drive. Many places will let you take a tree to a "yard waste" site free of course but, not always close by. So what many do is toss it down on the road or such. They end up ALL over. Roads, behind strip malls, ect. You shoot outdoors don't you? You have been part of the clean up of sites where people shoot I think? Look at the mess several of the people who do this make. The tree no longer used is something even more people have no problem just tossing down for "someone else" to clean up. 🤬

Not too lazy to drive to a lot for a hundred dollar tree, way too lazy to dispose of right. Heck, if I chopped it up, I could get rid of it piece by piece in my yard debris bucket for free every other week. Or pay the boyscouts or whomever $10 to come to your home and take it away

Not where I live. At least, not enough to notice. Don't think I've ever seen it.
Sadly this is one place where OR does not have this to themselves. Most places now to legally dump its either pricey or a good drive. Many places will let you take a tree to a "yard waste" site free of course but, not always close by. So what many do is toss it down on the road or such. They end up ALL over. Roads, behind strip malls, ect.
Maybe it's a Portland thing. Multnomah County seems to be the source of most of the ills that afflict this state.
Heck, if I chopped it up, I could get rid of it piece by piece in my yard debris bucket for free every other week.
That's what I do. A pair of pruning shears and the yard waste bucket and it's gone in 1 week. The stem gets dried and used for kindling wood.
Or pay the boyscouts or whomever $10 to come to your home and take it away
Around here the Boy Scouts set up collection sites where they can be dropped off for free.

I'm sorry. I had to laugh. This state, (Country?), is going absolutely CRAZY!

I throw my tree in the front yard and toss bird seed in it. The birds like to play in it.

Not too lazy to drive to a lot for a hundred dollar tree, way too lazy to dispose of right. ...
This sounds a little like me. Well I don't use live (or fake) trees anymore but when I did, I learned that any part of your yard can be a fire pit if the hose reaches.

:D

I still remember the smell of burning pine and cigarettes with the taste of a cold beer. And that's another thing; Any part of your yard is a beer cooler when you're drinking outside in the winter.

:)

Just down 26 alone on my stretch, there are 2. I've seen at least 4 on the freeways I drive on. My bubble isn't big. Either it's this side of town thing or some weird joke I'm not privy to.

In Nevada, each year at multiple locations, usually local sports fields and parks, waste management would hold free (donations accepted) tree removal.

I haven't seen that here, but here we all have yard debris bins. Most allow a cut up tree to be placed in them, if not all.

Seeing trees just thrown to the side of the road just seems weird to me. I thought it might be something known to those who lived here their whole lives.

Sort of a weird question, but I simply had to ask.

Just down 26 alone on my stretch, there are 2. I've seen at least 4 on the freeways I drive on. My bubble isn't big. Either it's this side of town thing or some weird joke I'm not privy to.

In Nevada, each year at multiple locations, usually local sports fields and parks, waste management would hold free (donations accepted) tree removal.

I haven't seen that here, but here we all have yard debris bins. Most allow a cut up tree to be placed in them, if not all.

Seeing trees just thrown to the side of the road just seems weird to me. I thought it might be something known to those who lived here their whole lives.

Sort of a weird question, but I simply had to ask.
Sad to say, but it sounds like the effed uppedness of potland has it tentacles reaching farther to the West.
:(

Sad to say, but it sounds like the effed uppedness of potland has it tentacles reaching farther to the West.
:(
It's still Oregon! Those tentacles have spread all over!

Besides, we got our own kinks out this way that likely equal that of Portland.

Well you sure have a beautiful view out over that deck of yours! But for all that is holy, get a cover over that poor B-B-Q! :D

I should ad. I have a feeling you don't come INTO potland where I am much in the last two years. Your "kinks" probably don't compare to what's happened here in the last two years. For instance, that latest shooting in NE? Nearly 100 shots. That was right in front of our nice dive bar & grill we frequented once a week or so before the rona hit.
https://www.kptv.com/news/nearly-10...cle_1dfeb280-68e6-11ec-8dff-2ffcab786c7b.html

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top