JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
FWIW there is still snow on the local hills here at about 2800'. It was a heavy snow year and keeps coming down.

Looks like you have a good rig. Might have a good story when you get back too. :)
Spoke with odfw out of enterprise on friday and the guy just happened to be in Troy on Thursday. He said the roads are doable in a 4x4 so I should habe pretty good luck in the ranger...or a really good story.

What road do you take to get there? Twas a post on Facebook that said the bridge is washed out at Bogan's. You take Promise Rd, or you coming in from the north?

Last Edited:
What road do you take to get there? Twas a post on Facebook that said the bridge is washed out at Bogan's. You take Promise Rd, or you coming in from the north?

Called the enterprise ODFW office and sounds like there still might be a fair amount of snow up high. We probably will camp at Rondowa the first night since we will be coming into town late and figure it out from there

Called the enterprise ODFW office and sounds like there still might be a fair amount of snow up high. We probably will camp at Rondowa the first night since we will be coming into town late and figure it out from there

You mean Minam State Park? Rondowa is for sure not near Promise Rd.

I don't hunt,and I know yiu guys are referring to Oregon,but I saw several fresh bear tracks in the mud on a piece of property I looked at today.
5 miles up the BZ Corner-Glenwood Rd.
(Somewhat near White Salmon, Washington:))

You mean Minam State Park? Rondowa is for sure not near Promise Rd.
We changed up the plans a little. We are meeting a couple buddies where the Grande ronde and the wallowa come together so promise rd is out. I've floated this area but haven't spent much time up top. Looking forward to a new area.
Any issues or road hazards that you know of?

We changed up the plans a little. We are meeting a couple buddies where the Grande ronde and the wallowa come together so promise rd is out. I've floated this area but haven't spent much time up top. Looking forward to a new area.
Any issues or road hazards that you know of?

I'm not aware of any. I hear the east side of the river at Rondowa is pretty rough. I've been down to it from the west side but haven't really gone north from there. You bringing a chain saw?

I've floated the Grande Ronde dozens of times. Sure miss my drift boat.

I'm not aware of any. I hear the east side of the river at Rondowa is pretty rough. I've been down to it from the west side but haven't really gone north from there. You bringing a chain saw?

I've floated the Grande Ronde dozens of times. Sure miss my drift boat.

I am bringing my chainsaw, hopefully won't need to use it.

This thread has been going since February, I'm surprised more people haven't chimed in that drew any eastern tags. Oh well, more bears for me!

I don't hunt,and I know yiu guys are referring to Oregon,but I saw several fresh bear tracks in the mud on a piece of property I looked at today.
My grammie had a cabin up near there before the dam was blown and we have a good friend up there with some land. Maybe WA bear next year...

Spent three day in the nothern part of unit 21 last weekend. Saw one bear, not a lot of tracks ir scat. Lots of elk and deer and unfortunately a skink who decided to get upset. I had trouble zeroing in on an area that i liked. I think i spent a little to much time higher up and needed to get down lower in the wet stuff. The area we hunted was thick and not a ton of good grass that was not right on the edge of the road.

I have seen quite a number of bear and tracks up that way. Saw cubs about 10 times last year. (May have been the same set a number of times). As soon as light snow hits, tracks are numerous.
Similar situation on the slopes between Parkdale and Mt. Hood. I always seet tracks and/or bear up in that neck of the woods.

Look at this Oregon bruiser... apparently from a private hunt where they passed on the first 24 bears they glassed...

IMG_1975.PNG

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads