JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
South of Florence Ada on the Siltcoos lake and that road going over the bridge from there to forest road 49 all the way over to the top of Gardner Or. It can get swampy and recently logged so very open in places.
We ran dogs back there and no matter how many bear we killed we could never kill them all. That is the hottest bear country I have ever had a chance to hunt.
Silver Hand
Aaaaaand screenshotted!

Ok, Look south to forest road 49 all the way to Gardner, Or It is just as good driving in from the top of Gardner hill and heading North.
Seriously this area was our top hunting area for bear. We always had more than one race going and within forty five minutes of putting the lead dogs on top of the truck.
Silver Hand

Google Maps
So the clearcut by the ADA fishing resort? You might need to tag it on maps. I am terrible at following directions.

Took my new rifle out to get a rough zero and break it in. I was more than pleased with my first rifle chambered in a magnum cartridge.

IMG_3510-1.JPG IMG_3513-2.JPG

Browning X-bolt 7mm rem mag and a Leupold VX3i 3.5-10X with a game reaper one piece mount. That group was with cheap standard federal soft point 150 grain. I have a couple boxes of federal trophy copper 150 grain that I will zero it with at a KD range Sunday. this is my first magnum rifle and I was nervous about the recoil but between the stock and brake it shoots nice and easy. 15 rounds was no big deal honestly at 8.5 pounds or so with scope and a loaded mag you could carry it all day and shoot it the whole next day.

Browning X-bolt 7mm rem mag and a Leupold VX3i 3.5-10X with a game reaper one piece mount. That group was with cheap standard federal soft point 150 grain. I have a couple boxes of federal trophy copper 150 grain that I will zero it with at a KD range Sunday. this is my first magnum rifle and I was nervous about the recoil but between the stock and brake it shoots nice and easy. 15 rounds was no big deal honestly at 8.5 pounds or so with scope and a loaded mag you could carry it all day and shoot it the whole next day.

Very nice setup!

Does anybody have any weather updates in the wenaha unit? Really concerned with snow pack? Trying to figure out if the SxS will be able to navigate the areas without having to deal with massive snow drifts.
Any info would be greatly appreciated

Drawn 4 times with 4 filled tags. Very familiar with the area, curious as to how much snow. My previous snow reports came from a buddy in Elgin who recently moved.

We will have good weather in Boise this weekend. Expect decent weather there
Thanks.

2 years ago we drove 17 miles threw a couple feet of snow to get to the breaks we wanted to hunt, we both tagged out opening morning and shed hunt for the next couple days.
Haven't been able to make it over there yet and want to make the most of the trip and hopefully bring home some meat and other treasures.
I have hunted out of drift boats a couple times which is a lot of fun except for your hiking to the top everyday just to get a good vantage point.

FWIW there is still snow on the local hills here at about 2800'. It was a heavy snow year and keeps coming down.

Looks like you have a good rig. Might have a good story when you get back too. :)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top