JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Well it came down to wire, 8:15 on May 31st and we came across our first bear of the season. 168 yards straight down into a very ugly clear cut. I could not get sights on the bear, but my buddy had a clean shot, pulled the trigger and the bear did a back flip down the hill and bolted into the tree line, as it was running he fired off two more rounds. We were pretty ecstatic, as I watched it go into the tree line and go down. Got all the gear together and headed down to the tree line which was about 280 yds down and in. By the time the tree line was reached it was nearly 11:00 pm and PITCH dark. Searched and searched and no bear. Went back this morning and searched for a couple hours, no blood trail and no signs of the bear, looked where I thought it went down and it turned out that was the den that was empty.
So overall excited we saw an actual bear and somewhat dissapointed we missed our opportunity. Oh well at least we know where to look this fall...

^ Sounds like my first bear shot 3 times..hit him 3 times watched him drop at 120yds no blood no hair, couldnt find anything, came back the next day looked for 12hrs straight no vultures or ravens so i figured he sucked up lead and kept walking..

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews