JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Found out today our group drew our Spring Bear tags. Went ahead and bought the spring Turkey tags while I was at it as there are usually a ton of turkeys hanging out where we hunt. Hope the snow is gone during the season so we don't get blocked like we have several times...

Hoping for a color phase bear this time around. Took a big chocolate boar a few years ago and a couple turkeys but saw several blonde bears and a couple cinnamon bears. Drew for Wenaha unit, but the last few times we drew up there the snow wasn't gone before seasons closed so hunting was pretty slim- we couldn't get into our favorite spots...

Ive never applied for spring bear before, and on a whim I put in and got it for where I turkey hunt.

The problem is Im there to turkey hunt. I'll have to think about this a bit... :)

Ive never applied for spring bear before, and on a whim I put in and got it for where I turkey hunt.

The problem is Im there to turkey hunt. I'll have to think about this a bit... :)
Stick with the turkey hunt! Bears are gross and stink! I've gutted a couple hundred of them and I could go the rest of.my life not gutting another one

Found out today our group drew our Spring Bear tags. Went ahead and bought the spring Turkey tags while I was at it as there are usually a ton of turkeys hanging out where we hunt. Hope the snow is gone during the season so we don't get blocked like we have several times...
Might want to grab a cougar tag as well.
There should be tracking snow on Wednesday.

Stick with the turkey hunt! Bears are gross and stink! I've gutted a couple hundred of them and I could go the rest of.my life not gutting another one
Oh man, I beg to differ. Okay, so I've only gutted Spring bears. Never shot one in the Fall. They didn't stink anywhere near as much as a turkey. I took my son turkey hunting when he was younger, and those things were disgusting and hardly worth the trouble considering they don't have nearly the meat of the Butterballs at Albertsons. :p I will say, when I took a bull elk into the nearest processor over east a couple of years ago, I got an earful from one of the gals cutting meat about how they were getting so many bears to cut up and she didn't like it.

I drew my southwest tag that used to be over the counter first come first served. I still thought it was pretty much of a lock until I didn't get drawn last year. Due to that, I was pretty confident I would draw with my one preference point this year.

Oh man, I beg to differ. Okay, so I've only gutted Spring bears. Never shot one in the Fall. They didn't stink anywhere near as much as a turkey. I took my son turkey hunting when he was younger, and those things were disgusting and hardly worth the trouble considering they don't have nearly the meat of the Butterballs at Albertsons. :p I will say, when I took a bull elk into the nearest processor over east a couple of years ago, I got an earful from one of the gals cutting meat about how they were getting so many bears to cut up and she didn't like it.

I drew my southwest tag that used to be over the counter first come first served. I still thought it was pretty much of a lock until I didn't get drawn last year. Due to that, I was pretty confident I would draw with my one preference point this year.
Your right turkeys our fowl if you open up there guts!(pun intended)

The only bear tag I filled was years ago, I thought the meat tasted great until we took the rest to a butcher what we got back I swear wasnt ours or they screwed up . Been butchering my own game ever since but Im not really a bear hunter so I havent went for them until the last year I decided to get one if I see one.

Im sticking with turkey but maybe if I see a bear I can grab a spare rifle and see if I can find it again.

Same. So caught up in work, forgot to put in for spring bear, or even make time go to the range.
If you didn't know, you can still put in for a point saver at the end of the year. I totally forgot to put in for spring bear last year but was pleasantly surprised I could still put in for a point saver.

We always carry a Cougar tag in that area. Lots of cats up there and somebody seems to see one almost every year we are there. Even got pictures of some moose in the unit a few years ago... Also ran into a few irritable rattle snakes while out hiking around.
Beautiful country, especially in the spring.

We always carry a Cougar tag in that area. Lots of cats up there and somebody seems to see one almost every year we are there. Even got pictures of some moose in the unit a few years ago... Also ran into a few irritable rattle snakes while out hiking around.
Beautiful country, especially in the spring.
Don't forget to get your wolf tag!

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads