JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm sick of it......

Politicians who think that they KNOW...…. how you should be running your own home. And while they are at it, they'll tax more of your hard earned money...…. to spend on to some stupid pet project idea of theirs.

Aloha, Mark
The politicians know exactly how stupid their constituents are.

We're going to get that strict storage law. Not enough comments on IP 60. :( Not that it would make any difference to the antis. OFF and NRA comments start on page 111 of this pdf:

http://oregonvotes.org/irr/2020/060cmts.pdf

Can @Joe Link do an email blast to all 40K members here to comment on IP 61 and 62 (semi-auto and large magazine restrictions) with comments to copy/paste along with the state email address for comments? Note, based on comments in link above, it appears that a physical address is not required and if you provide your comments on a pdf, only the pdf is shown, and not your email address.;) (comments due Friday Jan 31, 5pm)
IP60 comments are not as bad as you think. Pro and anti mixed together and a quick look shows me that the anti-IP60 way outnumber the pro. I wish t could have been over 1,000, but there was good representation, other then the so called hunter that thought it should be stricter.

What a shame. Looks like the anti-gun IP-40 (and hopefully IP-60) has fallen victim to the Wuhan virus:
One measure calling for tougher firearms storage requirements just recently received a final ballot title, clearing the way for signature-gathering. But Jake Weigler, a spokesman for State of Safety Action, said the group has decided to pull the plug.

"With the delays in getting the ballot title finalized and the challenge of gathering signatures in the current pandemic environment," Weigler said, "we've just decided it's not a viable strategy of trying to go forward to put this on the 2020 ballot."

Mark Knutson, a Lutheran minister who is a leader of Lift Every Voice Oregon, acknowledged that his group may also have to abandon its quest to qualify a measure putting new restrictions on semiautomatic firearms.

Oh, the humanity! I'm weeping ...................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................... with joy!!! :s0115::s0133::s0132::s0124::s0121:

Let's see - answer the following questions with Urban or Rural:
  • Where do the people who have been pushing for gun control live?
  • Where is all the COVID-19 panicking happening?
  • Where are most of the job losses located?
  • Where are the areas most of the inmates being released due to space and COVID-19 issues?
  • Where is it most likely for riots, looting, and other violence to occur if the need for a lock down continues?
  • Where is most of the panic buying for firearms happening?
  • Where so most of the people who just woke the eff up regarding the ability of their government to protect them live?
  • Where are the areas that are most likely to vote blue?
Maybe gun control isn't the band wagon politicians and activists just don't want to ride on right about now.

Part of a conversation with my long time liberal friend who just bought her first gun. This is your newly woke blue voter speaking:

"...Bought a gun today to keep me safe in case all goes to 5hi7. It's only for protection. My right.​
But it's weird how the world really 5hi7 down for this one Virus. I get it. But how long . And I just don't trust anyone to look out for me in case mayhem occurs. And while we have a right to protect ourselves from government, people losing it . All sorts of crap. And my gut is like protect your family if you have a fighting chance. ..."​
Edit: I'm damn proud of her ability to grasp the situation and come to terms with a shift in thinking. No denial, just recognition, decision made and then move forward.

Last Edited:
Even worse than the IP, there's at least one legislator that's going to persue this in the 2020 legislative session, ya know the one that's supposed to be addressing budgetary issues, now new, prohibiting legislation....

Be prepared for a show of force, yet once again, in Salem...

I sure hope he does not get a bad case of the virus ;)

Let's see - answer the following questions with Urban or Rural:
  • Where do the people who have been pushing for gun control live?
  • Where is all the COVID-19 panicking happening?
  • Where are most of the job losses located?
  • Where are the areas most of the inmates being released due to space and COVID-19 issues?
  • Where is it most likely for riots, looting, and other violence to occur if the need for a lock down continues?
  • Where is most of the panic buying for firearms happening?
  • Where so most of the people who just woke the eff up regarding the ability of their government to protect them live?
  • Where are the areas that are most likely to vote blue?
Maybe gun control isn't the band wagon politicians and activists just don't want to ride on right about now.

Part of a conversation with my long time liberal friend who just bought her first gun. This is your newly woke blue voter speaking:

"...Bought a gun today to keep me safe in case all goes to 5hi7. It's only for protection. My right.​
But it's weird how the world really 5hi7 down for this one Virus. I get it. But how long . And I just don't trust anyone to look out for me in case mayhem occurs. And while we have a right to protect ourselves from government, people losing it . All sorts of crap. And my gut is like protect your family if you have a fighting chance. ..."​
Edit: I'm damn proud of her ability to grasp the situation and come to terms with a shift in thinking. No denial, just recognition, decision made and then move forward.

Ive noticed even tho alot of these types might own now they still point the finger at others :s0136: . And probably always have with many things not just firearms.

Rrrrright.....

The stupids in CA have anti-freedom laws. So.....OR needs to top the CA stupidness, with more anti-freedom measures of their own. Next, it'll probably mean that the WA stupids will want in on the act too.

"LEFT COAST"

Aloha, Mark

It seems even some libs are starting to become interested in gun ownership. Hopefully, whether they actually buy firearms or not, they will finally consider how monumentally stupidity (and dangerous) it would be to pass a law requiring that self-defense weapons should be locked away and possibly inaccessible until a potential threat has become a tragedy.

Last Edited:
We live in times of division, and though most free thought individuals are self sufficient, we need each others help to stand, together we are strong, divided we fall.
Question is, can we even trust the voting system, so many Oregonians say they don't agree with these laws, yet we can't get any traction, and the MSM provides cover for these George Soros paid activist types, and the Police are employed as Policy Revenue Collectors, not Peace officers or Law officers.
A good exercise for you, do a Dunn and Bradstreet review of your local courts and police and see what you find, it isn't pretty. Many instances in the US, the highest ranking Judge, is the owner of the court, not the municipality. What does that say for where their loyalties lay.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top