JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Why the hell cant gun owners get a couple thousand signatures? Say for a pro second amendment bill to be put on the ballet?
A thousand signatures only gets you a ballot title. To qualify an initiative for the ballot you need to collect over 100,000 signatures:

The number of valid signatures required to qualify an initiative for the ballot is based on a percentage of the total votes cast for governor at the last election:
  • For a constitutional initiative, 8% of valid signatures is required.
  • For a statutory initiative, 6% of valid signatures is required.

The process is described here.

A thousand signatures only gets you a ballot title. To qualify an initiative for the ballot you need to collect over 100,000 signatures:

The process is described here.
I know, I was being facetious.

It happens, we just don't get the media attention.

Seems just another push by the left to counter Darwin's theory of evolution and national selection. As callous as it may sound, dumb people do dumb things and lose their lives because of it. Our DNA is genetically designed to mutate based on the successful variants that live longer. If the left continues to create laws and rules to save the dumb people from killing themselves, we will eventually devolve back into cavemen..... ;)

You mean more pro second amendment than the second amendment? It's not my fault morons can't comprehend "shall not be infringed."
You know, the Fed says that pot is illegal, yet here we have states legalizing it as a challenge.

I say we put legalizing suppressors on the ballet.

Or how about a chl taking the place of a fingerprint card on every damn purchase?

Seems just another push by the left to counter Darwin's theory of evolution and national selection. As callous as it may sound, dumb people do dumb things and lose their lives because of it. Our DNA is genetically designed to mutate based on the successful variants that live longer. If the left continues to create laws and rules to save the dumb people from killing themselves, we will eventually devolve back into cavemen..... ;)

I don't think you're being callous. It's basic, natural law, that the fittest survive in the animal kingdom. When you look at what humans are breeding profusely I believe you will see that in the last 50 years, with the help of welfare and all kinds of other forms of assistance programs, more and more people that never developed the means to support themselves are reproducing larger numbers than ever before. I figure we're at roughly three generations now that get the majority of their support from the government. Almost every day I see people, raising kids, that wouldn't be able to blow their noses if their brains were dynamite. People that walk out at an intersection when the walk signal comes on without looking to make sure it's clear first. Walking out in a cross walk, (because it's a crosswalk), without looking. Walking into the road because they HEARD/read that they have the right-of-way, without looking. The list goes on and on.

Hell, the way it looks to me is, we don't have to worry about the human race because of global climate change! The human race, in America at least, is going to "Stupid" themselves from the face of the earth.

I'm curious does this initiative define exactly what a locked container is?

For instance if I have a LARGE Safe made from say 16 ga steel with a dead bolt lock on it. Would that qualify as a locked container? If I have a small room with no windows and a dead bolt on the door does that qualify as a locked container? What if I have it in a Bedroom with security windows and a regular door lock on the door does that qualify? HOW about a House with secure windows and locks on the door? Now what if I have the firearm in a Harbor Freight plastic locking hard case with a two bit padlock on it? Am I covered if this is laying on the coffee table and my front door is unlocked?

This crap is stupid written by stupid people

For instance if I have a LARGE Safe made from say 16 ga steel with a dead bolt lock on it. Would that qualify as a locked container? If I have a small room with no windows and a dead bolt on the door does that qualify as a locked container? What if I have it in a Bedroom with security windows and a regular door lock on the door does that qualify? HOW about a House with secure windows and locks on the door? Now what if I have the firearm in a Harbor Freight plastic locking hard case with a two bit padlock on it? Am I covered if this is laying on the coffee table and my front door is unlocked?

One of the previous bills considered a locked room a sufficient storage container. I have not looked through the language on this one yet but that is a good question.

What about a storage law

I browsed through the language of IP 40 and it does not consider a room, building, vehicle or separated area of vehicle a legal storage "container". See screenshot of IP 40 Section 7 (2)(b):

Screenshot (43).png

House Bill 2505 which they are going to try and pass in the short legislative session also does not consider a room a storage container:

(b) "Container" does not include a building, room or vehicle or a space within a vehicle.

So her son blows his brains out with a gun and it becmes everyone elses problem. I am sorry he did it but he did it not the gun. These are the kinds of individual who assign responsibity to everyone else and fail to place it where it belongs and that is on the individual who performed the deed.

Kids messing with guns without permission or supervision? They simply need something more immediate, less abstract and unbelievable than, "you'll kill yourself or someone else".

My Dad's flawless solution: "You touch that, I'll break your arm."

I don't think you're being callous. It's basic, natural law, that the fittest survive in the animal kingdom. When you look at what humans are breeding profusely I believe you will see that in the last 50 years, with the help of welfare and all kinds of other forms of assistance programs, more and more people that never developed the means to support themselves are reproducing larger numbers than ever before. I figure we're at roughly three generations now that get the majority of their support from the government. Almost every day I see people, raising kids, that wouldn't be able to blow their noses if their brains were dynamite. People that walk out at an intersection when the walk signal comes on without looking to make sure it's clear first. Walking out in a cross walk, (because it's a crosswalk), without looking. Walking into the road because they HEARD/read that they have the right-of-way, without looking. The list goes on and on.

Hell, the way it looks to me is, we don't have to worry about the human race because of global climate change! The human race, in America at least, is going to "Stupid" themselves from the face of the earth.
I read a study a few years ago saying that the average iq was dropping due to the " smarter " people not having children and the " dumber " ones breeding like rabbits.:eek:

House Bill 2505 Fallicies
I'll forego the "whereas" lies being peddled in the bill and review the rest of it for 'worthy' content.

14 (1)(a) "Container" means a box, case, chest, locker, safe or other similar receptacle.
Box… 1578531043890.png or Case 1578531055152.png
or Case 1578531064431.png or Chest 1578531075606.png

or Chest 1578531089255.png or Chest 1578531098840.png or Chest 1578531107029.png
or Chest 1578531115889.png

or Locker 1578531123192.png or Locker 1578531130048.png or Locker 1578531137322.png
or Locker 1578531148181.png

or Safe 1578531167618.png or Safe 1578531175648.png
or Safe 1578531183252.png or Safe 1578531190729.png

or other similar receptacle… (b) "Container" does not include a building, room or vehicle or a space within a vehicle.

so these are out.. 1578531206861.png or 1578531216492.png or my choice… 1578531224310.png

WHEW! I'm plum tuckered out… This research is killin me.. I hope this clarifies at least one part of the bill..

Dan

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads