JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The ONLY way anything will change in salem is if the Republicans get voted in during future elections. With one exception, brian boquist is not a honest , reliable republican. Obviously he cannot be trusted. Lets face it, we are headed down the california road, making up laws/bills just like california is the new norm in oreogon. We have no vote, they use the ''emergency'' clause to decide things. And, the end result, we get it shoveled down our throats. It is a very, very, seriously sad state of affairs in the state of oregon.

This is truly a sad day for the American tax-paying voting citizens of Oregon. We have a diabolical and sinister back-door gun confiscation law; a law that mandates that our tax dollars are used to pay for abortions for "immigrants" in addition to paying their obstetric expenses to squirt out more anchor babies; a huge new medical tax to pay for it; and a new law that enables the Dems to side-step voter inclusion in the imposition of new taxes. I'd say our humble lawmaker public servants have had a great day of it. Glad I threw down for the property in a still free state. What they did today makes me ill. I believe it is wrong for the government to force the public to pay for abortions.

Seems like the Democrat super majority is fulfilling Michael Bloomberg and George Soros wet dreams...

Oregonians rights are sold off to the highest bidder while our elected officials forge forward with their political aspirations...

One day they are indeed going to spark a reaction from the conservatives in this state, hopefully it's sooner rather than later...

Lord knows they are not honoring their sworn oath...

I got the OFF E-mail. Only wondering here out loud to myself how the Demos got got to? What were they promised? What was threatened? Logic and sanity does not seem to apply here.

About the only thing that comes to my failed feeble mind right now is that there may be afoot very evil forces indeed. Consider the means and methodology. Unbelievable but there you have it.

What they're getting is two things: campaign contributions in the next election cycle from bloomberg, like brownshirt got, and fuel for their fire when this blows up in their faces. When someone who's suicidal, or prone to violence is given a "24 hour notice to surrender deadly weapons," they're going to see it as an ultimatum. Plain and simple. Then the violent acts commited after an order is signed will champion their cause of digging deeper, and restricting further.

Passed. Going to Guv. OFF E-mail.

As long as they sit in their offices, they're goong to ignore us, and erode our rights. They must be VOTED out. All three of my representatives failed me today.

Stupid people will assume this new bill is just for husbands threatening their wives with guns. Which isn't common... thing is though, it's a foot in the door for more restrictions and rules. Nearly any diagnoses can be labeled unfit to own firearms, where does it begin and where does it end? If you drink, take any kind of medication, having a revoked driver's license, owing child support, diagnosed with PTSD from war, on social security, piss off a cop, will any of these put you on a no fly list? Who knows. Pretty slimey how they did this around the 4th knowing Americans are busy celebrating.

Last Edited:
We have no power over the majority in Salem. They have the numbers, we do not. Until that changes, we get whatever they give us. Many of us have written and called these folks - we are igonored, every time. They do not care about our rights, they only care about their agenda and pleasing those that line their pockets and get them re-elected.

Until such time enough Oregon voters find it in themselves to work to get more of these folks out of office, this is exactly what will happen. There is no pro-gun organization that has enough influence to stop them - clearly, they're not affraid of us. We have no big money backers like they have with Bloomberg. Are there no rich people that care about these rights? If so, why don't they get involved and fight back against them?

Short of taking the route of physically stopping them, a route I don't think any but a very small number have an interest in, this is where we are stuck. I don't see that happening, ever.

What gets me are pro-gun people that support stuff like this. And don't be naive about this fact - there are plenty of pro-gun folks that are just fine with bills like these, fine with mandatory BGC's that lead to registration, fine with magazine restrictions, fine with eliminating concealed carry, fine with bans on guns like AR's and AK's. To think that all pro-gun folks are going to support our side, to vote against these people, is a naive view. I've spoken to far too many gun owners that are in complete agreement with bills like this. And how can we win if our own won't even fight alongside us to prevent this from happening? How do we convince those that are all too happy to let the government walk over our rights that they need to stop, when they themselves are not bothered in the least that it's happening?

I don't have an answer or the solution, but I don't see one coming anytime soon. I am truly disappointed in the leadership in Oregon, my home state, a state I've spent my entire life in, a state I thought actually cared about my rights. It is clear, they do not. This is another sad day in Oregon.

What makes you think they CARE if it's Constitutional?

I swear, these people almost make ya think George III had returned...

It's after the Fourth, so...

God save our gracious King.
Long live our noble King
God save the King
Send him victorious
Happy and glorious
Long to reign over us
God save the King.

Hooray for King George!
(He doesn't look all that bad now...)

I am so incredibly pizzed right now, just absolutely red in the face can't even believe what just unfolded kind of pizzed off. :mad::mad::mad:
Looks like I chose a bad week to quit smoking...

Last Edited:
How can this be Constitutional?

tac

So I suppose before this new law can be seen as unconstitutional. Somebody will need to be affected by it.
At that point a judge can weigh it on it's constitutional merits.

It's not enough to claim it could affect you.
You need a person or persons that have been affected [Lost there rights] due to this law.

Depending on implementation. We should have such people soon.

Last Edited:
I have been getting regular email notices from the NRA about this abomination of a bill. I think they are involved and actively working to fight this type of BS
Excellent let's see what they do. Lets see if they pick up the legal challenge.
Having anti-2nd Amendment credentials seems to be a litmus test for democrats to qualify to run for office!!!!!!!!

Sheldon
Blanket statements and stereotypes are not supporting the cause. Grouping everyone into one bucket is not going to work. Use the help where you find it.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top