JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
You do realize you contradicted yourself?
You say all Democrats are anti-gun. Then say well OFF and the NRA are only voting for individuals .
What or how do you think the Democratic party is formed by horses lol?
Its people that are in the party, and people make the party according to the argument here in this thread.
OFF and the NRA are not mind reader or Gods. They do not have some clairvoyance abilities to tell
any better then a private gun owner who will be honest and truthful as all politician lie.
You cant have it both ways. IF all Democrats are anti-gun then OFF and the NRA cant donate to any Democrat. I say they can, but if the premise is OFF and the NRA don't have to play by the rules then they are hypocrites or liars as they cant have it both ways. But again I say they can have it both ways seems many here want to 100% ignore OFF and NRA compromise big time why knocking Democrats yet having a few close pals they can trust LOL. And as your last line make clear OFF and NRA can not make any better choices in unity then we can. Not unsulting you by the way, but in this thread lots of contradictions.

Nope. Please read what I posted thoroughly, as I don't believe you so did the first time:

I did not say "all Democrats are anti-gun", I said that the party does have an anti-gun agenda (as the majority subscribe/agree with the party platform, or it wouldn't have been put out), but there are individuals in the party that are pro-gun and the NRA and OFF donate to those individuals "in the hope that the individual will vote pro-gun, no matter the party". Then a little later I also said that the Republican party is generally pro-gun, but there are individuals that belong to said party that are anti's, like Boquist (who should give back the money he received from the NRA).

The point I was trying to make, is that the parties can and do have certain agendas, but not all individuals belonging to the party subscribe to said agendas.

Ray

IIRC the Democrat party of old pretty much shied away from gun control, maybe because they kept getting beat on legislation since GCA. It seemed to be the third rail for them. But I do seem to remember that during the last election, at least at the Demo convention, they adopted gun control based on Newtown CT and the increasing #s voicing their desire for it.

I don't know what the split in the party used to be, but I sure knew a lot of pro-gun democrats. Somewhere along the way, the leadership changed tacts and I think some Democrats are stuck with it just like Repubs are stuck with the good ol boys seeing as how the Tea Party collapsed. IMO Trump is a symptom of people being fed up with Washington in toto.

I don't support everything my party does. But I do understand that by registering with them, I am giving them a form of support. I do this because with few exceptions third party is a throwaway vote because they will never win. However, I don't send them, my party, money. They have left me and so don't deserve it.

In the same vein, I don't listen to radio, watch tv shows, or go to movies where the actors, announcers, producers, etc, are promoting violation of my rights. I tried to explain this to a friend that wanted me to watch Bloomberg TV... yes, he, Bllomberg is rich and doesn't need my $$ but the ad revenue is directly helping support his dastardly deeds. I'm not a big fan of calling for boycotts but I choose personally not to ad my support by patronizing crap shows.

Last Edited:
It may be a plank of the Democratic party but I would bet that there are some democrats like myself that believe in the 2A. I would also state that because I am a Democrat doesn't mean I vote party line. I am no fan of many democrats, Kathleen Brown is just one of them. I voted primarily republican. I am not a one issue voter and never will be. I will say this however if Trump and his secretaries.are examples of the Republicans I think I will be voting along the lines of a third party for sometime. I vote for who supports my ideas best and frankly feel like I don't have a party I belong to.

As a libertarian leaning conservative I'm not sure I agree with you on many issues but I lament the fact that the Democrat party has left people like you behind. Imagine if the Democrat party was the Democrat party of yesteryear. :(

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top