JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Is that right, OPB headline writer?
What did the cops interviewed for the story have to say...
"I've encountered a lot of people who are concealed weapons permit holders, and they're almost always very good about letting you know about it right away."

Oops... I don't think we like that answer. Let's ask someone else:
"Asked if Oregon's open carry law makes his job more difficult, he said he didn't think so. Like Willadsen, he's more concerned with an individual's demeanor and intent."

Well... there you have it.
Yuuuuuge problem. Thanks for being on top of these things, OPB. It would be a dam shame if you were using our money just to add to the noise of the internet. Glad you're resisting the urge to become a partisan, activist, clickbait bunch of grant-junkies.

Nice integrity... now where's my tote-bag, you monkeys.

Last Edited:
Musta been a slow newspeak day or the wtiter needed a by-line to get his check for the month!

What a misleading headline just so the writer could regurgitate and misconstrue the murder of Jason Washington!

Truly unbelievable!

Surprised they printed the story at all. I don't remember any other freedom being questioned if it makes it harder for police work.

I've seen a video of the shooting and belive I would have behaved differently that night if I was armed. Actually the guy yelling, he got a gun, helped amp everyone up.

The general question was answered. Do law abiding gun owners make policing more difficult. It seems, no. The fact that only a week is dedicated to that make me think the state doesn't belive it's the biggest issue.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top