JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I really don't understand the logic behind these gun free zones. Why would I go through the fingerprinting, background check, safety class, pay the fee etc... for a legal permit if I wanted to do something to cause harm to others? It makes zero sense.
Because they don't want to hurt the criminals feelings since they can't pass these things. Also, you know, privilege.

Maybe it's supposed to feed on itself. More gun-free zones means more opportunities for mass shootings, which means more opportunities for new anti-gun legislation. If they passed a bunch of laws that worked, they'd have to stop at some point. Where's the fun in that?

We already have first hand knowledge of what happens in gay night clubs and schools located in gun free zones. I guess Oregon will be a target rich environment for mass shootings now. :(

It should be interesting at the next gun rally in Salem.

Will the ban be applied to rest stops?

How are you suppose to bring your firearm in checked luggage?

Will the signs read "Easy Targets Here"

Will somebody tell that bubblegumming bubblegum Ginny Burdick that more gun-free zones make us all less safe. The rise in mass shootings in recent years has a direct correlation to ever expanding gun-free zones.

Didn't the supermarket in Colorado that was just mass-murdered have signs up proudly declaring itself as a "gun-free zone"? How'd that work out for them?

Not trying to come off as callous or insensitive in any way towards the innocent victims of that tragedy, but ol' Burdick needs to put out to pasture.

Will the state even have the money to hang up signs or even make them?
I'm sure there will be no standard. Much like the popular hand written Safe Zone signs businesses were putting up a while back. Claiming a space to be safe should legally come with a guarantee and penalties if not supplied.

Making a space safe without a pesky gun is difficult. The proof is government never clears an unsafe space until people with guns show up.

King Soopers grocery store in Boulder Colorado had a "gun free zone" sign, it did not save 10 people.

These people live in a fantasy world. These signs are as effective as putting salt around entryways to ward off evil spirits. Don't work, does it?!

Last Edited:
What I find even more sad than this stupid legislation, is that the same elected idiots that enacted
and passed this can and likely will do even more damage. It's the old "bend over" concept. Bend over
the first time and the second time becomes easier and so on and so on. And it isn't just gun
legislation I'm concerned about. Proven stupidity will be demonstrated in every action they take. What
ever happened to logic and common sense?

King Soopers grocery store in Boulder Colorado had a "gun free zone" sign, it did not save 10 people.

These people live in a fantasy world. These signs are as effective as putting salt around entryways to ward off evil spirits. Don't work, does it?!
But it will keep the slugs out!

Do they plan on putting up metal detectors and security screening at all of these places? Otherwise, they just made themselves and the public less safe and sitting ducks.

Last time I checked, actual criminals have magical powers that allow them to bypass those signs.

What a world we live in, when politicians care more about gang bangers with illegal guns killing each other, than lawful responsible citizens only trying to protect themselves.

Last Edited:
What bubblegums. I'm sure that all of the bad guys will be deterred by the posting of a sign.

Exactly. Look at rheinhole, the guy who murdered a trump supporter in cold blood in Portland in 2020.

1) He was previous caught carrying a firearm illegally in the La Grande area
2) some time later he was arrested at a Portland protest and was carrying a firearm illegally and where guns were already not permitted. But prosecutor did not prosecute.
3) a month or so later he attempted to steal a gun from a legal carrier near a Portland protest. He was shot in the arm during the altercation and was admitted to a Portland hospital. Police did not arrest him.
4) about a month or so after that he killed a trump supporter in Portland. Of course again he was carrying illegally.
5) US Marshall's got him some weeks later in WA

He broke laws already on the books numerous times but the prosecutor did nothing. What is the point of passing more laws? All it will do is restrict legal carriers who are one of the first lines of defense against criminals with weapons. Idiotic!

Last Edited:
waiting for gun-free signs at state forests, national forests, parks, city line / county line....

effectively it seems to me the words "to keep and bear arms" has now joined the words "shall not be infringed" and has been completely nullified and ignored.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top