JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
True that. People always seem to have a disconnect when it comes to what is Christianity and what is the Bible.

Extremely simplified explanation:

Old testament = pre Christ = not Christianity

New testament = Christ and Post Christ = Christianity

Christianity, and Islam are branches off the old testament, Judaism for simplicities sake is the old testament.

The Bible = Combination of Old and New testaments.

I don't know wtf you're smoking Komrade . Like I said before, you have no idea of my dealings with muslims . I know what their ultimate goal is and even Ray Charles can see what their objectives are. You don't have a clue as to what my beliefs are so don't patronize me about christianity, judaism, islam.

I don't know wtf you're smoking Komrade but I sure hope that you back away from that hookah. Like I said before, you have no idea of my dealings with muslims so stfu with your drivel. I know what their ultimate goal is and even Ray Charles can see what their objectives are. You don't have a clue as to what my beliefs are so don't patronize me about christianity, judaism, islam.

Dont mind "Komrad",he is what the "higher learning" institutions are cranking out these days. Taught by the fugitives from the sixties burkely wannabe's that have spewed their cumebyah,feel good,lets all get along drudge. Just reading some of his spew tells me he would be better off going to Iraq,Pakastan, or russia as he is the first to defend their way's of life and religion. I'm sure that they would be very appreciative to recieve such a staunch supporter to their causes and give him the same freedom of speach in their prospective countries that he enjoys here in the US. I feel sorry for the guy as obviously he doesnt like the same freedom of speach as some others do in this country and is so stuck in his dillusional world that he must attack anyone that disagrees with his personal views. I will pray for him.

Muslims have been trying to kill or convert infidels for centuries. That is a fact that can't be denied. It is obviouse Komrad you are not dead so I ask have you been converted to Islam?

jj

Typical sheeple response from someone who has never actually taken the time to speak to a muslim

Wrong

and has let themselves be brainwashed by the likes of Rush Limbaugh

Wrong

and the rest of the racio-ethno-religious elitists who love to spread fear and disinformation only to advance their own agendas.

Wrong

Wow KomradRazvan you've out done yourself this morning three strikes and no balls. -3 for KomradRazvan, but hey who counting?

See now there you go casting aspersions with zero knowledge, I do know Muslims and have known many in my life time, likely more than you have, and I can't stand Rush Limbaugh nor do I listen to Beck.

You really need to stop the labeling, it makes you look reactionary and ignorant.

Everything I said about Islam is true.

Dont mind "Komrad",he is what the "higher learning" institutions are cranking out these days. Taught by the fugitives from the sixties burkely wannabe's that have spewed their cumebyah,feel good,lets all get along drudge. Just reading some of his spew tells me he would be better off going to Iraq,Pakastan, or russia as he is the first to defend their way's of life and religion. I'm sure that they would be very appreciative to recieve such a staunch supporter to their causes and give him the same freedom of speach in their prospective countries that he enjoys here in the US. I feel sorry for the guy as obviously he doesnt like the same freedom of speach as some others do in this country and is so stuck in his dillusional world that he must attack anyone that disagrees with his personal views. I will pray for him.

Has he had any higher learning as in a state college? I've seen no actual proof of that but maybe he can answer that himself I don't wish to make judgment on what he's capable of stating on his own if asked.

Has he had any higher learning as in a state college? I've seen no actual proof of that but maybe he can answer that himself I don't wish to make judgment on what he's capable of stating on his own if asked.

just assumed he was a student per his other posting.

<broken link removed>

Women are also not equal to a man in Judaism and in Christianity. All three religions make that distinction that a man is different from a woman. In Christianity, non-christians are also not equal to Christians. Same applies in Judaism. It is actually a common theme amongst the majority of religions that humans have had since we invented it.

Women not being allowed to be pastors in some sects of Christianity is significantly different than women being stoned to death for an extra-marital affair. True, in the Bible, it says "Wives submit to your husbands" (Ephesians 5:22-23). To put that into context, look at the next verse. "Husbands, love your wives..." (Ephesians 5:25). That seems to be a different level of difference than a woman being required to be covered from head to toe in robes (from what I have seen, this varies from full coverage to faces exposed, based on the geographic region it seems), while their husbands are not required to do the same.

In Christianity, we are taught to love our neighbors as ourselves. No where I can think of offhand does it speak about the "infidels" in a derogatory manner. It even says to love your enemies. Perhaps most of us feel that Islam doesn't feel that way. They seem to hate us. And if that's not the case, as you claim, then where is the overt, absolute outrage when innocent people are attacked by someone representing the faith? A one sentence statement of rebuke does not seem to be enough if they are really against the extremists as much as you say. There is no action. Conspicuously quiet seems to be a proper term.

Religious debates open a very large can of worms, Komrad. You seem to be passionate about your position, however, your arguments seem to suggest a lack of understanding. Please understand, I am not attacking you personally, but rather your arguments. Even though I disagree with them, I still love you as a fellow human being (that's the pesky Christian thing again, sorry).:s0155:

well this was productive. :(

I can hardly believe you let Komrad troll you like this. He is all grumpy over the shooting picks thread. He trolls this thread baits the hook and ends up with a bunch of....fish on the line.

I am willing to bet he does not believe 9 tenths of the crap he is spouting, or at the most he believes it at that moment.

Well put Mt.Bear

One can only sit on the sideline while your core beliefs are being misunderstood then twisted to suit ones agenda for so long. I guess it depends how "open" the other parties are to really learn and possibly understand the what and why.

With all due respect though, I'm not Muslim. When I see my religion being misrepresented, I actually care enough to engage in conversation to, at the very least, let him know how I was taught. And also to let him know that despite our differences in opinion, my religion does not teach me to hate him. I may disagree with his life choices and opinions, but there is no hatred of the man.

Romans 13:9 For this, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Thou shalt not covet; and if there be any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

100&#37; into a relationship with JC as well.

I love to openly discuss differences and keep a level head I just wish others could do the same. That's human pride though, intolerance at it's finest (<--sarcasm).

There will never be a perfect world. Only a perfect eternity.

The question lies in this: will you see people you converted out of love our out of fear?

[/thread]

First of all, I am not defending their way of life, but i am not attacking it either. It is THEIR way of life, and who are we to say it is wrong? You are quick to preach about the freedom of speech, but what about the freedom of religion? I have not attacked anyone on here. I have only tried to engage in rational conversation. It appears that some of you are incapable of that. Mountain Bear on the other hand, can. he also has the ability to cite, where as i can't say the same about the rest of you.

Komrad R;
they may have been trying, but christians have succeeded. How many wars have the christians launched on the muslims? look at christian missionaries. Every sect of christianity has missionary groups that go around the world and attempt to convert people to their belief system. Look at the genocide of muslims in former Yugoslavia. THOSE are facts that can't be denied... but a lot of people on this forum seem to overlook it.
The first statement in this quote is so inaccurate it looks like propaganda. If the Christians had succeeded there would be no Islamic center to burn (the origin of this thread). The Ottoman Empire brought war to Europe as surely as the Christians brought war to the Middle East. That is fact.

The fact that Islam has spread to Asia, Europe, Africa and North America should also show you that the Nation of Islam does a little "proselytizing" as well...
Murder of Christians? There are plenty of examples..In fact a Christian woman is on death row in Pakistan as we speak for the crime of being Christian.

Your one sided slant is suspect, just as any one sided slant should be.

I don't see the Nation of Islam as a peaceful nation. I know as well as you that there are plenty of violent Christians as well.

Two wrongs don't make a right and sticking up for one side while ignoring the complaints of the other doesn't make you right either.

Oh and look up the Battle of Kosovo if you really want to know how Islam was introduced to the former Yugoslavia.

W44

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top